Unthoughtful people!

Dear mum, when you asked me to show you the link to the dress I've set my heart on for my brothers wedding, I happily obliged (as it is beautiful!) I know you are a generally over opinionated person but I don't expect to get "well it would be ok for a dinner dance or a prom, not really a wedding guest outfit is it? I like the colour but really not keen on the dress" Erm...actually I've always wanted a dress like that, its perfect for a late September wedding, and now I'm finally working towards the figure I've always wanted I bloody will wear a gorgeous dress to show it off! Grrr!
Sincerely, darling stubbon daughter (wonder where I get it from?!)

Last edited:
Tinytootz said:
Dear OH

I get that you have a headache, honestly I do. But do you really need to snap at me, clutch your head like it's about to fall off, and huff and sigh constantly? It's a headache, we all get them. Yes, they do indeed suck, but please, just grow a pair!

Mine has man flu ATM. Ick. My threshold for whinging is very limited!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Dear mum, when you asked me to show you the link to the dress I've set my heart on for my brothers wedding, I happily obliged (as it is beautiful!) I know you are a generally over opinionated person but I don't expect to get "well it would be ok for a dinner dance or a prom, not really a wedding guest outfit is it? I like the colour but really not keen on the dress" Erm...actually I've always wanted a dress like that, its perfect for a late September wedding, and now I'm finally working towards the figure I've always wanted I bloody will wear a gorgeous dress to show it off! Grrr!
Sincerely, darling stubbon daughter (wonder where I get it from?!)

We neeeeeeed to see this dress please?

Dearest Anxiety,

You have plagued me since I was 14. Now seriously you have been slowly crippling me for the past 6months.

GO AWAY. or at least naff off until my CBT appt comes through so I can get on with my life. BAH.

Yours mentally

Loz x

Shirleen said:
We neeeeeeed to see this dress please?

Seconded!!!!

Lozzie Stardust said:
Dearest Anxiety,

You have plagued me since I was 14. Now seriously you have been slowly crippling me for the past 6months.

GO AWAY. or at least naff off until my CBT appt comes through so I can get on with my life. BAH.

Yours mentally

Loz x

I feel your pain. How long have you been waiting for an appointment? Im still waiting to hear from them too!

This is a few days ago- but not been able to post until now.

Dear Checkout woman,

I understand completely that you might be miffed that management have employed people as go-getters while they are doing a huge refit of the shop, especially when they don't have as much overtime hours for regular checkout colleagues.

But do you REALLY have to voice your disgust in front of me, saying that I'm not welcome there and I shouldn't be working? I'm sorry you feel like that, I really do. But since I have never even SPOKEN to you before, since I don't recognise you from when I was working at checkouts over Christmas, I kinda don't give a $hit how miffed you are!

As far as I'm concerned- checkout colleagues got first dibs when it came to overtime in regards to go-getting. No one wanted to do it, so they asked me. If you were so unhappy about it, why didn't you take the overtime? I'm guessing the thought of 8 hours on your feet constantly put you off eh?

Just let me do my job, stressful and anxiety-inducing enough as it is and please let me be happy of the fact that I'm, again, an Asda employee- something I've been wanting for the last month and a half since my contract ended.

At least the checkout girls who KNOW me are actually happy for me!!

I always have to focus on the negative :(

ScarlettStar86 said:
*raises eyebrows*

Lol I do wonder what she has in mind! Are you in on it?! Haha

Hehe the blue dress is gorgeous! It'll look fabulous I am sure. Your mum is probably just jealous that you've found something so bargainatious!

I lol'ed at Shirleen's choice though! X

LittleFlutterby said:
This is a few days ago- but not been able to post until now.

Dear Checkout woman,

I understand completely that you might be miffed that management have employed people as go-getters while they are doing a huge refit of the shop, especially when they don't have as much overtime hours for regular checkout colleagues.

But do you REALLY have to voice your disgust in front of me, saying that I'm not welcome there and I shouldn't be working? I'm sorry you feel like that, I really do. But since I have never even SPOKEN to you before, since I don't recognise you from when I was working at checkouts over Christmas, I kinda don't give a $hit how miffed you are!

As far as I'm concerned- checkout colleagues got first dibs when it came to overtime in regards to go-getting. No one wanted to do it, so they asked me. If you were so unhappy about it, why didn't you take the overtime? I'm guessing the thought of 8 hours on your feet constantly put you off eh?

Just let me do my job, stressful and anxiety-inducing enough as it is and please let me be happy of the fact that I'm, again, an Asda employee- something I've been wanting for the last month and a half since my contract ended.

At least the checkout girls who KNOW me are actually happy for me!!

I always have to focus on the negative :(

Silly woman, I think you did well not to say this to her face! Hold your head high and do your job the best you can. You have every right to be there and if the snide remarks continue I would speak to a senior member of staff about it. That should shut her up :)

Dear OH

We're out of Squash are we? And Milk? Thanks for telling me but what exactly do you think I'm going to do about it and why did it become my responsibility? Especially when a) I don't drink either and b) you were at home all yesterday whilst i was at work c) We live ABOVE a friggin shop that sells both milk & squash. All you had to do was take 2 minutes out of your day to walk down 13 steps and buy it yourself.

I will not be getting some on my way home.

Yours, on strike, KL

Last edited:
Tinytootz said:
Dear OH

I get that you have a headache, honestly I do. But do you really need to snap at me, clutch your head like it's about to fall off, and huff and sigh constantly? It's a headache, we all get them. Yes, they do indeed suck, but please, just grow a pair!

As I always say that when you have a headache men have a brain tumor...x

Dear Toaster Designers,
Please go and buy a loaf of bread heck as it's Research buy lots of different ones, now measure the depth, make a note ....go ON write it down, now measure the depth of your toaster....no NOW please!
Ok toast a few slices of bread, try some with the long side down as well as the conventional way... Oh those bits got stuck did they? Caused the smoke alarm to go off? And the others had a few centimetres untoasted did they?
Hmmmm now look at the two sets of measurements....do you see WHY now???
Now kindly pootle off to your shed and make a damn toaster THAT THE BREAD FITS INTO!
Thankyou

Back