Unthoughtful people!

Shirleen said:
Dear Toaster Designers,
Please go and buy a loaf of bread heck as it's Research buy lots of different ones, now measure the depth, make a note ....go ON write it down, now measure the depth of your toaster....no NOW please!
Ok toast a few slices of bread, try some with the long side down as well as the conventional way... Oh those bits got stuck did they? Caused the smoke alarm to go off? And the others had a few centimetres untoasted did they?
Hmmmm now look at the two sets of measurements....do you see WHY now???
Now kindly pootle off to your shed and make a damn toaster THAT THE BREAD FITS INTO!
Thankyou

Hahaha! Love this :)

Shirleen said:
Dear Toaster Designers,
Please go and buy a loaf of bread heck as it's Research buy lots of different ones, now measure the depth, make a note ....go ON write it down, now measure the depth of your toaster....no NOW please!
Ok toast a few slices of bread, try some with the long side down as well as the conventional way... Oh those bits got stuck did they? Caused the smoke alarm to go off? And the others had a few centimetres untoasted did they?
Hmmmm now look at the two sets of measurements....do you see WHY now???
Now kindly pootle off to your shed and make a damn toaster THAT THE BREAD FITS INTO!
Thankyou

When I'm on the PC I'm repping you for this shirl.

Bloody brilliant xx

Dear people who came to view my car at the weekend,

Hurry the f**k up and let me know if you want the little beauty. I really thought you might have wanted her as you seemed keen, please please please call me and say you want it, so i can get the money to pay off my debts!

Yours sincerly
pissed off suzuki swift seller

Dear OH,

I understand you work all the hours god sends. I understand you need me time. But being out every night til 8.30 isn't exactly working for us is it?

Your Daughter is in bed by 8 and I'm exhausted by 9. Spending 5 hours together on a Sunday isn't what I thought a relationship was about, especially when those 5 hours don't involve much more than you complaining you are bored.

I realise im not the same person anymore, and twice the size but would it hurt to tell me i looked ok this morning, since i made an effort? Even if i didnt.

Yours forever ..

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

chiefbridesmaid said:
Omg it's beautiful go for it, mothers opinions are sometimes not important even though we just want their approval sometimes, I've learnt I'm never going to get it :(

Yeah I asked my mum if I looked fat once she replied of course you do your a size 18... pot. Kettle. Black!

X x x

chiefbridesmaid said:
Omg it's beautiful go for it, mothers opinions are sometimes not important even though we just want their approval sometimes, I've learnt I'm never going to get it :(

Thanks, I should have known better than to show her as she is very much that her opinion is the correct one with any subject! Just annoys me that I showed her saying- "this is the dress I'm getting for the wedding" not "i don't know about this dress, what do you think?"
Unfortunately for my mum those questions are one and the same even when my poor sister in law to be showed her the colour scheme she had chosen for wedding, most people whether they like it or not unless asked directly for an opinion wouldn't like to offend and would say- "oh that's lovely" ...not my mum though! *sigh*

Last edited:
Silly woman, I think you did well not to say this to her face! Hold your head high and do your job the best you can. You have every right to be there and if the snide remarks continue I would speak to a senior member of staff about it. That should shut her up :)

i am considering going to the manager about it, i'll give her another chance- since i'm nice like that. if she gives me as much as a snide look- i'm going to management. If it is making my anxious to go to work, i need to do something about it- there is no way i want to go back to my old, nervous self because of one person! :(

LittleFlutterby said:
i am considering going to the manager about it, i'll give her another chance- since i'm nice like that. if she gives me as much as a snide look- i'm going to management. If it is making my anxious to go to work, i need to do something about it- there is no way i want to go back to my old, nervous self because of one person! :(

I don't think you should wait-is there not a supervisor you can give a heads up to about it, as if you let it go then you're gonna keep feeling anxious tho xx

MissSlinky2011 said:
Yeah I asked my mum if I looked fat once she replied of course you do your a size 18... pot. Kettle. Black!

X x x

Urgh that's the sort of thing my mum would say!! She once said isnt it funny your sister used to be the fat one and now it's you :(

chiefbridesmaid said:
Urgh that's the sort of thing my mum would say!! She once said isnt it funny your sister used to be the fat one and now it's you :(

Never had that problem my SIS is a dance teacher and the biggest she's ever gone is a 12!

My mum has always been an 18 since having me. And she was the one who would say go get ... from the kitchen, then when she ate one I had to have one! She made me fat then I went to uni and discovered booze and dominos and Starbucks lol

X x x

Dear cats.
The water bowl on the floor is not ornamental. It's yours, all yours, freshly filled daily. The water in the tap/on the side/in a glass/in the bath is, as far as you're concerned, mine. Therefore, your mummy doesn't appreciate it when you opt to empty a jug of water all over the sides and floor, and then proceed to pad soggy paws everywhere. You're supposed to hate water, so kindly get with the programme!

Oh, and while I'm at it, just because something new has appeared, like a shoe or an apple, or something new has happened, like a bin being emptied, it doesn't mean you *have* to investigate. It's ok, the world isn't actually ending.

Dear my sisters friends.

Stop being so selfish I'm fed up with the lot of you! I've already pushed the hen do back to June for the benefit of you moaning lot regardless of the fact I will be 7 months pregnant but now your moaning because its a coach trip to London for a show dinner and dance so what the coach takes 7 hours it drops you at the theatre then picks you up to go straight to the hotel and at 7 months pregnant you can f off if you think I'm going on the tube or any train stations in London.

If you don't like it don't come I've had enough out of the lot of you!

Dear back

We seem to be having this conversation alot recently. You are well looked after for the most part. You aren't forced to cope with 5 inch stiletto heels. You don't have to sit at a desk for too long without moving. You have been taken to the gym 3 times a week to strengthen you up & yesterday you even got a massage.

So why are you hurting me?!?!?

Dear nearly every single one of my parents' friends, and older relatives,

When I tell you where I'm working, please stop responding with "what do you REALLY want to do?" I know you're just taking an interest, but honestly, it makes me feel completely worthless. I'm proud that I'm working at all and if I wanted to stay where I am forever then it would be my business, if it was my true passion then you would have basically just completely insulted me, so have a bit of tact please. :)

Dear nearly every single one of my parents' friends, and older relatives,

When I tell you where I'm working, please stop responding with "what do you REALLY want to do?" I know you're just taking an interest, but honestly, it makes me feel completely worthless. I'm proud that I'm working at all and if I wanted to stay where I am forever then it would be my business, if it was my true passion then you would have basically just completely insulted me, so have a bit of tact please. :)

where do you work? I used to get that comment when i was a pre-press photo technician for a local paper. i fricking LOVE that job.

where do you work? I used to get that comment when i was a pre-press photo technician for a local paper. i fricking LOVE that job.

I work in Tesco Express, and I do genuinely enjoy it (most of the time, but when I don't it's usually my problem, depression etc.). I could see myself working my way up in retail and possibly having a career in that. My manager makes a lot of money!

What I love to do is write, and because I can basically do that at home when I please, I wouldn't have any problem at all staying in my current job and writing on the side.

Back