Unthoughtful people!

hubby. your dad has had a few strokes and is relatively ok. please talk to me about it. I need your support right now after my mum's news that she's undergoing tests for TIA and possible larger stroke. this is making me want to do nothing but eat and cry and I need someone to just hold me and tell me it's ok, not to hold me, then berate my mum for letting her weight get this far. I know she's fat. I know everything that's gone wrong for her in the last year is due to it, there's nothing I can do about that and I just I need...a hug.

Mum how dare you do this to yourself.

Big virtual hugs going out to you. I wish you and your mum all the best. xxxxx

hubby. your dad has had a few strokes and is relatively ok. please talk to me about it. I need your support right now after my mum's news that she's undergoing tests for TIA and possible larger stroke. this is making me want to do nothing but eat and cry and I need someone to just hold me and tell me it's ok, not to hold me, then berate my mum for letting her weight get this far. I know she's fat. I know everything that's gone wrong for her in the last year is due to it, there's nothing I can do about that and I just I need...a hug.

Thinking of you lovely and hope your mum gets better very soon xxx

Flibsey said:

Big hugs for you.

You poor thing. Men are rubbish Big Hugs xxxx

thanks people. for the first time ever, I am actually glad he's on night shift!

Ah bless you! Shirleen's right - men are generally rubbish at this kind of thing. They think they have to come up with some sort of explanation and a reason - they don't realise that you (we) don't always want a solution or an explanation - just a big hug and some sympathy. :bighug:

Disclaimers - This in no way applies to any men reading this who are not like this - I'm sure you're all fantastic! :cool:
May contain nuts. Do not read whilst asleep.

Dear f**kface ( and that's putting it nicely!)

Do you really think that you're going to get a reaction out of me? I know you went through my checkout today just to get a reaction. It was sly- you putting your stuff on the conveyor belt and pissing off until the last minute so I didn't know it was you until it was too late.

There was no way in HELL I was going to let you know how sick I felt seeing your face again after all these years. And I wasn't going to make my distress apparent, especially not to you.

It's been 5 years since you last did anything to me, don't you think you should move on? I didn't give you the satisfaction after the first couple of times you did what you did to me. I know that p1ssed you off no end.

You are now known to Asda security. Good luck trying to come to my till again!

(now I need to go into a corner and hide....because I AM shaken up....he just doesn't know it!)

Do you really think that you're going to get a reaction out of me? I know you went through my checkout today just to get a reaction.

(now I need to go into a corner and hide....because I AM shaken up....he just doesn't know it!)

hope you're feeling ok sweetie..........and well done on being so strong xx

LittleFlutterby said:

Do you really think that you're going to get a reaction out of me? I know you went through my checkout today just to get a reaction. It was sly- you putting your stuff on the conveyor belt and pissing off until the last minute so I didn't know it was you until it was too late.

There was no way in HELL I was going to let you know how sick I felt seeing your face again after all these years. And I wasn't going to make my distress apparent, especially not to you.

It's been 5 years since you last did anything to me, don't you think you should move on? I didn't give you the satisfaction after the first couple of times you did what you did to me. I know that p1ssed you off no end.

Oh that's horrid! The girl who was my worst bully as a child came into the Post Office and I had to serve her, I wanted to be rude but couldn't so I went with Brisk professionalism however I was shaking and had horrible thoughts for days on end!
Probably nowhere near as bad as it was for you but well done for not crumbling xxxx

LittleFlutterby said:

Hugs xxx

LittleFlutterby said:

Feel for you honey, really do, my brothers ex wife kept coming into Sainsburys and menacing me... I had to inform the manager who got security on to it... I got a restraining order in the end, would that be possible in your case? Xx

well done for staying strong.

There was a guy in work who did something awful to me. He worked somewhere else but often got redeployed to where I worked, every time he came It use to leave me in such a mess for weeks. About a year ago he got sent to work there permanently and it turned me crazy. I had to leave as I had insomnia & horrendous panic attacks. The t***head genuinely has ruined the past three years of my life. I still occasionally see him. I pretend I don't care but really it tears me up inside. Well done for staying strong - I know how hard it must be. xx

Big hug. Good for you staying strong. Glad you told security. Afterwards is the worst time. When the fear sets in and the adrenaline wears off. Get yourself a cup of tea and take a few big slow breaths.

Thanks all xxxxx

It really means a lot.

Feel for you honey, really do, my brothers ex wife kept coming into Sainsburys and menacing me... I had to inform the manager who got security on to it... I got a restraining order in the end, would that be possible in your case? Xx

A restraining order, at the moment, isn't an option. Technically he hasn't broken the law, coming to me like that. I didn't report him to the police after he did what he did, partly because I didn't want my family knowing (which they still don't know) and partly because I knew that even with physical evidence, getting a guilty verdict was near-on impossible.

But at least security are aware of him now- so they can keep an eye out.

I did speak to a colleague- she was finishing just after the incident with him. So I closed the till off and took 5, went outside and had a chat with her, I did feel better. She had some understanding, her niece has been through something similar and apparently another colleague (who has left now) went through the same, and security were really good to her.

Thank god there are some good eggs at work, there are some genuinely nice ladies that I trust there, so I know if something happens, there will be someone there that I can rely on.

There was a guy in work who did something awful to me. He worked somewhere else but often got redeployed to where I worked, every time he came It use to leave me in such a mess for weeks. About a year ago he got sent to work there permanently and it turned me crazy. I had to leave as I had insomnia & horrendous panic attacks. The t***head genuinely has ruined the past three years of my life. I still occasionally see him. I pretend I don't care but really it tears me up inside. Well done for staying strong - I know how hard it must be. xx

oh hun :bighug: that is horrendous. I could not imagine having to work with him.I've only seen him a couple of times over the years, but it's mainly in passing, when i go over to town (which isn't often). For years I refused to go anywhere near the hostel where I lived, because I was petrified of bumping into him, and the flashbacks were horrid.

It has been 5 years now, I try and get on with my life as best I can- I stopped drinking and taking drugs (both I used to stop the emotional and physical pain) and, now, i'm losing weight and trying to develop a more positive self image (i have BDD so that is pretty damn hard to do!)

I can't let this b**tard win. He took away a bit part of me after he did what he did, there is no way he can take anything else!

Today's shift is going to be difficult- Because I'm going to constantly be on edge- I know this. But after I've got today's shift out of the way- I should (hopefully) be ok.

It's gonna be a long day! :(

Dear Support Worker,
I know I don't know you or the SU but I DO know that nobody over the age of six should be wearing head to toe Barbie pink, let alone a 50 year old woman (i'm guessing), i realise you probably have to shop for her in the kids dept as she's so tiny, but there ARE other colours to dress her in!
They face enough people staring without you making her look even more 'special', so for goodness sake dress her appropriately!!!!
Yours the woman who wants to look after them all

Shirleen said:
Dear Support Worker,
I know I don't know you or the SU but I DO know that nobody over the age of six should be wearing head to toe Barbie pink, let alone a 50 year old woman (i'm guessing), i realise you probably have to shop for her in the kids dept as she's so tiny, but there ARE other colours to dress her in!
They face enough people staring without you making her look even more 'special', so for goodness sake dress her appropriately!!!!
Yours the woman who wants to look after them all

We have a 48 year old lady who chooses to only wear pink and purple because they are her favourite colourd, the only things she doesn't mind not being pink or purple is her underwear and trousers but all tops, dresses, skirts, coats, bedding you name it is pink and purple and she picked it all!

Well in that case its definitely not fair then, we have a blind lady who we give her clothes to touch and if she likes the feel and pattern it goes in the basket, she is deaf aswell.

I hate it when support workers decide what's right for Su's everyone can communicate in different ways doesn't matter what level of disability they have!

3 people including a manager have been "removed" for over 6 months now with a big hush hush investigation. It's very worrying as they were taken out not long after one of the Su's from the house passed away. So I think its a pova thing :(

X x x

Back