Unthoughtful people!

parfittaroles said:
My parents use to take the plug off my tv if i didn't do my chores lol

My dad used to do that to me lol

I once complained that I didn't have enough privacy... So they took my door off the bedroom for a week! I appreciated my privacy a lot more after that lol x

I'm old enough that we never had tvs in our rooms :)

Was just thinking exactly the same!

Nor me.
Mind you it's not just age: my daughter hasn't got one either!

I think for her I'd have to disconnect the broadband.
But then I'd suffer too.
Hmmm. May have to rethink!
Fortunately I don't need to come up with punishments very often.

Dear mom,
I know you only have the best intentions, but please stop making 5 different kinds of SW cheat food for sundays.
Last night we had 2x chickpea cakes, 1x weetabix cake, 1x smash scones and 1x some sort of frittata.
You get upset when I don't try them but I always seem to gain 2 lbs on a Sunday.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

ColJack said:
Dear mom,
I know you only have the best intentions, but please stop making 5 different kinds of SW cheat food for sundays.
Last night we had 2x chickpea cakes, 1x weetabix cake, 1x smash scones and 1x some sort of frittata.
You get upset when I don't try them but I always seem to gain 2 lbs on a Sunday.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Frittata isnt a cheat food :confused:

Dearest MIL

Please stop telling is not to buy bacon or ham as 'it gives you cancer'

Seriously, everything 'does' so stop implanting stuff in your sons head/making us buy posh parma ham instead when I have no money.

The DIL

Lozzie Stardust said:
Dearest MIL

Please stop telling is not to buy bacon or ham as 'it gives you cancer'

Seriously, everything 'does' so stop implanting stuff in your sons head/making us buy posh parma ham instead when I have no money.

The DIL

?! Baffling!

I'm old enough that we never had tvs in our rooms :)

I only had a TV cos I bought it, £5 from oxfam lol.
mum used to take the plug off though.

That's why I learned to wire plugs ;) lol you hide a 60p plug from wilkinson's in the hole you've found in your bed-base, wire on a new plug, shove in some headphones, put a pillow along the bottom of the door to stop the blueish light from seeping out (I was thorough in my deception)..... she never found out.

or she never let on she'd found out, and my mum's the type to go ape if she HAD found out.

since growing up I've refused to let a tv near my or my daughter's bedroom. But for major punishment she gets her computer taken away.

TY dear husband for going to get my medication from the Drs,,,,,,and coming back without it! But you managed to go into Wikinsons and get your stuff!

If you're doing him a favour HE should be delivering the birds! Your turf, your rules!

He's never been to my new home, and doesn't know exactly where I live, and I'd like to keep it that way :)
But just goes to show a leopard never changes its spots. He sat on the stairs and watched with a cuppa whilst OH and myself uncaged the birds, flattened their cages, and did 3 trips to the car with them. I couldn't even be bothered to challenge him over it - we took the birds and left, then giggled like a pair of kids about his behaviour, the general state of the flat, the odd smell, and what he was wearing.
Nowt like taking the mature approach! :giggle:

Birds were in a poor state, so felt more like I was helping them out rather than helping him out.

(This one is not so much for thoughtless people, as for people who just don't seem capable of thinking!)

Dear work colleagues,

In January I emailed you a rota for a particular duty, to cover up to the end of March. I also emailed you two associated pieces of info which would make planning and executing that duty easier for you. I therefore expected you to read said email documents and make a note of the days you were down on the rota. You also receive a reminder of the duty every Friday, for the next week. Now you are moaning that you 'didn't realise you were doing it until 20 minutes beforehand,' had no time to prepare' (isn't 2 - 3 months enough?) and that is why your performance of said duty was crap. Since when did your inability to do your job or read emails become my fault? :confused:

Now I have to remind you a week beforehand that you are down on the said rota for next week, to make sure that you little diddums have enough time to get yourself organised, at which point presumably you will refer to the email I sent you 3 months ago (or, let's be honest - probably not). You are apparently highly trained and educated professional people.

Whatever next? Probably I'll have to remind you a week before the week before, that I will be reminding you next week that the week after you have a job to do! :eek:

And breathe.... and leave the professional work email response until tomorrow!

parfittaroles said:
?! Baffling!

Yup, she's convinced an additive in bacon and ham can give you cancer. The fact her darling only child hasn't touched a fruit or vegetable since he was 3 is fine though (he's now 25) *le sigh*

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Lozzie - To be fair, she probably saw the report on the BBC News that mentioned that eating XX amount of processed meat each day, (such as bacon/ham etc) can increase the risk of cancer by about 13% (if memory serves me rightly).

But as for the fruit and veg thing..?!!?!!

Right o, it just pushes my buttons XD

Yeah, he's almost phobic of veg/fruit. He will now cook it for me but every time he tries anything he throws up, also it took me 3-4 years out of our 6.5 odd years to get him to take out his lemon in his coke and give it to me rather then send it straight back!

Dear work

FFS we're not children and this isnt school. We are all very capable adults who manage to run our own homes and families. Some of us even know how to tie our shoelaces AND are allowed on holiday without our Mummies and Daddies. So why do you insist on having the most ridiculous rules, just to assert your power. No eating at our desks? What?! Its not like Im cooking and eating a roast dinner. No electronic equipment?? Ok, phones I understand. Just. But to ban us from bringing our Kindles for quiet time between calls? And dont even get me started on the uniform thing. Treat your staff like adults and you may seen an.improvement in performance and atmosphere.

Yours
The rebel employee in the corner who is eating her porridge at her desk while texting ;-)

Sent from my GT-S5830 using MiniMins

(sorry this is an emotional rant)
Dear kids that I teach,
You are the reason I am considering giving up teaching and just working a shop!
You are starting to make me wonder why anyone would want to be a teacher at all.
Yes I have lost weight and am starting to feel good about myself but the sexual comments you make make me want to wear a baggy jumper and no make up!
And if one of you ever touches me again (not sexually) I swear I will just go!
I dont get paid enough to put up with this (I am stil lworking through my degree so not qualified yet) and I dont get the holidays to recover I have to carry on working! Please leave me alone and let me get on with me job

Your over worked/ under paid teacher.

Back