Unthoughtful people!

Shirleen said:
My uncle had Schizophrenia and although was mostly a quiet 'crazy guy', he did have an episode involving squirting bleach through his letter box because he'd taped it up and the postman forced it open. He was sectioned for that, unfortunately although they changed his meds three times in one year the problem wasn't mental that time it was physical and was presenting as mental by the time the doctors discovered he had lung cancer it had spread to his liver and he died three days later. I dread to think how much pain he had been in and for how long, poor lovely man.

Anyway please do report it they can't help anyone if they are in ignorance, and it may help more than you know.

That's really sad :(

Most of the guys I work with have schizophrenia and it's a terrible disease - and people get so marginalised and lonely...

Dear boss,

Grow up. Act your age. Stop slobbering over junior staff, and start acting like a professional, ie treating all your team equally.
Remember that "Equality and Diversity" course that you were moaning about having to do because you didn't need it? You do. That's what it's all about.

Oh, and while we're at it - why don't you give the work load some proper consideration, and give the tasks to the people they are most appropriate for, rather than doing it so that you get to spend more time with the people you like?

We are all getting VERY close to official grievance stage here. It would be much better if you could just stop being a total "Armhole" and save us all the trouble.

Thank you

Your over-worked manager who doesn't actually get a chance to manage her staff because they keep being nicked for stuff that they really aren't capable of.

kingleds said:
Blimey! Could you not phone mental health services? They can section someone if they are a danger to themselves or others. Someone who sets your bins alight o a regular basis sounds like they may fit in that category.

I don't think they'll section him for burning bins - too much work & too expensive! This is probably the fifth or sixth time he's done it but we only ever have eye witnesses so it's not enough proof. I live in a nice quiet area so it's becoming a right nuisance!
Shirleen said:
My uncle had Schizophrenia and although was mostly a quiet 'crazy guy', he did have an episode involving squirting bleach through his letter box because he'd taped it up and the postman forced it open. He was sectioned for that, unfortunately although they changed his meds three times in one year the problem wasn't mental that time it was physical and was presenting as mental by the time the doctors discovered he had lung cancer it had spread to his liver and he died three days later. I dread to think how much pain he had been in and for how long, poor lovely man.

Anyway please do report it they can't help anyone if they are in ignorance, and it may help more than you know.
I don't think he's schizophrenic or anything. Not that I'm an expert :-s
I do have sympathy for the guy but I'm not going to interfere. He has lots of people going in & out of the place so I'd be a bit too scared!

I don't think they'll section him for burning bins - too much work & too expensive! This is probably the fifth or sixth time he's done it but we only ever have eye witnesses so it's not enough proof. I live in a nice quiet area so it's becoming a right nuisance!

I don't think he's schizophrenic or anything. Not that I'm an expert :-s
I do have sympathy for the guy but I'm not going to interfere. He has lots of people going in & out of the place so I'd be a bit too scared!
You need to contact the police each time. This is very serious! Next time the fire can spread and people will die

I'm afraid it's another one about my job - or, more accurately - people's opinions toward my job.

Was putting some stock out and heard a man ask if we had a coffee machine, looked up to answer him and it was my dad's work friend. haven't seen him in a long time. He did the usual, asked how I was, how uni was, etc. Then asked how long I'd been working here and I said 6-7 months.

This was when he literally looked at my uniform and said "Tuh, all that education" and laughed his head off.

I'm sorry, but I'm fed up of my parents' friends and older relatives basically laughing in my face at my job, or looking at me pityingly when I tell them what I do, under the guise of "teasing" or showing "concern". When I tell them where I work etc., I say it with pride and happiness, and there is absolutely no need for either of those responses. When did it become ok to laugh at what someone does for a living? I wouldn't dream of doing that. Grr.

(This might be a bit of a picky one but it does annoy me - a bit)

Dear supermarket checkout staff,

Please stop asking me if I'm alright with with my packing as I automatically say yes and when I pretty much have a trolly full of food to pack on my own, help would be very much appreciated! I know you are meant to ask if I would like any help with my packing as I used to work for the same supermarket.

That's really sad Shirleen :-(

Dear ill people at work.

Please keep your germs to yourself. I really don't want another cold!

Ta very much.

:mad::mad::mad: That's been me today. Work colleague I really cannot abide and who takes so many days off "ill" it really is taking the wotsit finally returned after a few days off with an unspecified bug that came on so suddenly 5 days ago he was symptom free all morning yet walking out "ill" at 1pm. :D

Anyway - first day back today and he's sneezing EVERYWHERE and only occasionally bothering to put a hand over his mouth. Not only all over his desk, pc, phone and files but all over the filing cabinets and photocopier. Then it got even better when he started snacking (he talks with his mouth full) so we had snot and crumbs everywhere. I could weep. I'm off next week and I don't want his bloody germs.

woman on the bus this morning. I PAID for my child's seat, so kindly stop muttering about how she's taking up a seat. 1.we were near the back, so not taking up a priority seat... 2.it was 10:30am and the bus was nearly frigging empty and 3.WE'D PAID SO SHE HAD A RIGHT TO SIT THERE!!!!! 4. she's 6, she's way too big to go on my knee!

Dear Year 10 pupil who has just sat her Chemistry mock,

Kindly refrain from writing comments along the lines of "We haven't been taught this!" and "We haven't done this" instead of an answer for questions you cannot do. I'm the one who's taught you, and I'm the one who's written the paper - do you really think I'd be so stupid as to put questions in a paper on topics you haven't covered?! Maybe it's time for you to pull your finger out of your backside, start listening in class, and do some frickin revision!!!!!! Otherwise I'm likely to metaphorically (or actually - haven't quite decided yet!) rip your head off after the Easter holidays! Aaaarrrgghhhhh! Sorry, I'm a little bit stressed out with marking!

Yours truly,

Miss Evans

Dear Year 10 pupil who has just sat her Chemistry mock,

Kindly refrain from writing comments along the lines of "We haven't been taught this!" and "We haven't done this" instead of an answer for questions you cannot do. I'm the one who's taught you, and I'm the one who's written the paper - do you really think I'd be so stupid as to put questions in a paper on topics you haven't covered?! Maybe it's time for you to pull your finger out of your backside, start listening in class, and do some frickin revision!!!!!! Otherwise I'm likely to metaphorically (or actually - haven't quite decided yet!) rip your head off after the Easter holidays! Aaaarrrgghhhhh! Sorry, I'm a little bit stressed out with marking!

Yours truly,

Miss Evans

Dear Miss Evans

Kids these days are a breed apart...............deal with it! :giggle:

Seriously, whatever you do or say will be wrong so........chill :D You've got your degree etc, if they don't get theirs, it's their problem. You tried your best :)

Corkscrew, I like your philosophy! :D I just wish people wouldn't write comments on things...no other pupil in the year group fel tthe need to, lol! Anyway, I'm over it now. Thinking calm thoughts that have nothing to do with school, woooo! :D:D xx

Corkscrew, I like your philosophy! :D I just wish people wouldn't write comments on things...no other pupil in the year group fel tthe need to, lol! Anyway, I'm over it now. Thinking calm thoughts that have nothing to do with school, woooo! :D:D xx

I totally agree :) Just console yourself with the fact that, that particuar student is an arsehole?? Hey it would work for me! :8855:

Took me a couple of times reading this to see what you were saying.

You automatically say yes to the question they are supposed to ask "do you NEED HELP with you packing?", but they ask the equivalent of "can you PACK IT ALL BY YOURSELF?" instead. ?

It's a lot harder to ask for help than it is to accept help that has been offered.
So people, if you see someone who may need help, offer it. Don't wait to be asked for it.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Took me a couple of times reading this to see what you were saying.

You automatically say yes to the question they are supposed to ask "do you NEED HELP with you packing?", but they ask the equivalent of "can you PACK IT ALL BY YOURSELF?" instead. ?

It's a lot harder to ask for help than it is to accept help that has been offered.
So people, if you see someone who may need help, offer it. Don't wait to be asked for it.

Exactly! :)

Dear People I work with.

I KNOW that this is not a 9-5.30 job. Thats why I get in before 8am and rarely take al unch break. Just cos you rock up at 8.58am and leave the office for a hour at lunch does not give you the right to look at me weridly if i leave on time. Aside from anything else, its not a competition to see who can work the longest hours. In fact, we all have targets to hit based on revenue and frankly, if I hit these I can feckj off at whatever time I want.

Also, the fact you then go home and do 3 hours work is YOUR problem, not mine, I am able ot work in an efficient manner, whcih does not include 4 games of table football a day. So deal with it. I leave at 5.30pm most days. END OF STORY.

Oh, and whilst I'm at it. I don't care if our sales kick off is the most momentous occassion in the history of all mankind. I'm on holiday, Its been booked for ages. I WILL NOT BE THERE. My boss has no problem with it, so neither shoiuld you.

kingleds said:
Dear People I work with.

I KNOW that this is not a 9-5.30 job. Thats why I get in before 8am and rarely take al unch break. Just cos you rock up at 8.58am and leave the office for a hour at lunch does not give you the right to look at me weridly if i leave on time. Aside from anything else, its not a competition to see who can work the longest hours. In fact, we all have targets to hit based on revenue and frankly, if I hit these I can feckj off at whatever time I want.

Also, the fact you then go home and do 3 hours work is YOUR problem, not mine, I am able ot work in an efficient manner, whcih does not include 4 games of table football a day. So deal with it. I leave at 5.30pm most days. END OF STORY.

Oh, and whilst I'm at it. I don't care if our sales kick off is the most momentous occassion in the history of all mankind. I'm on holiday, Its been booked for ages. I WILL NOT BE THERE. My boss has no problem with it, so neither shoiuld you.

Oohh, a sale. !!! :)
Of what? Where? And when does it start? :)

ColJack said:
Oohh, a sale. !!! :)
Of what? Where? And when does it start? :)

See, at least someone doesn't take it all too seriously! Need a few new like that in my office. Are at a push just less interfering busy bodies masquerading as grown men!

kingleds said:
See, at least someone doesn't take it all too seriously! Need a few new like that in my office. Are at a push just less interfering busy bodies masquerading as grown men!

It's jealousy Hun, smear their phone buttons with garlic, nothing worse than garlicky fingers all day!

It's jealousy Hun, smear their phone buttons with garlic, nothing worse than garlicky fingers all day!

He he - that sounds like a plan.

I actually think its naivity on their part. They are buying into the corporate rubbish that 'if i look like I'm working hard then I'll be alright instead of ACTUALLY working hard throughout the day, then going home and chilling out in the evening. I have been where they are, but I never felt the need to judge anyone else.

kingleds said:
He he - that sounds like a plan.

I actually think its naivity on their part. They are buying into the corporate rubbish that 'if i look like I'm working hard then I'll be alright instead of ACTUALLY working hard throughout the day, then going home and chilling out in the evening. I have been where they are, but I never felt the need to judge anyone else.

Do you work in computer hardware sales? I swear your gripes are identical to mine!

Back