Unthoughtful people!

Dear horse riders who use our streets,

Carry a shovel and bucket with you.
If your horse stops in the street or you hear the familiar thud behind you, kindly tie up and dismount and clean up after your horse.
If a dog craps on the road or even the middle of a field we are legally required to "poop scoop" so why aren't horse riders on paths and roads etc?

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

couldn't the horse rider tie a bucket to the horses tail, saves them getting off to clean it up ? lol

Malc-D said:
couldn't the horse rider tie a bucket to the horses tail, saves them getting off to clean it up ? lol

Another person with innovative yet impractical suggestions lol!! The horse and carriages in Blackpool use a jute bag between the shafts as the manure blocks the gutters, but in fairness they do go up and down the same stretch of promenade all day long!!

It's a quiet side street not a main road.
If it's quiet enough to ride down then it's quiet enough to stop at a lamp post and clean up.
Failing that you presumably get to and from the stable somehow so you can always go back later.
As for manure and gardens.. It's well rotted that is used, not the fresh smelly stuff which still contains the chemicals you give to the horses to kill worms. Kills earthworms too.

ColJack said:
It's a quiet side street not a main road.
If it's quiet enough to ride down then it's quiet enough to stop at a lamp post and clean up.
Failing that you presumably get to and from the stable somehow so you can always go back later.
As for manure and gardens.. It's well rotted that is used, not the fresh smelly stuff which still contains the chemicals you give to the horses to kill worms. Kills earthworms too.

Get a grip :banghead: it is not illegal for horses to poo on roads, as they are classes as an agricultural animal, and as i said earlier it is not toxic to humans or other animals.
Also in response to your 'chemicals comment' No responsible horse owner would hack out within 24 hours of worming. You either stable your horse until it has passed thru the system, or turn it out and then poo pick the field! It is only done every 3 months, and each type of wormer targets a specific type of worm! And yes people do buy the fresh stuff!! how do I know this? Because I've had horses for 33 years! Thanks!

parfittaroles said:
:) that made me lol!

Me too! A good idea in theory, but anyone with an ounce of equine knowledge would know how impossible that would be! Altho with some horses I know, it would be fun to have tried! Lol

Sarahc said:
He has a point, it's not nice for a child (or anyone) to stand in poo whatever animal it's from.

X

Horses don't go on pavements, and children shouldn't be walking in the road? Just a thought??

Do they not, what about park areas? I've seen poo on a path before, I've seen horses on the path before too. I've never had a horse so I'm not sure of the rules, should they not b on the path?

My mum pointed out a no horse riding sign to a rider in her street and she was told to get an f***ing life!

X

Dear work

Thank you for upsetting me! I've been on holiday for a month as my bf returned from a tour of afghan! Now you tell me I'm coming back to work and I'm not doing the job I was supposed to be doing and Ive no longer got a desk! Charming!!!

Well eff you I've typed my notice you retards!

Sarahc said:
Do they not, what about park areas? I've seen poo on a path before, I've seen horses on the path before too. I've never had a horse so I'm not sure of the rules, should they not b on the path?

My mum pointed out a no horse riding sign to a rider in her street and she was told to get an f***ing life!

X

You are only allowed to ride on bridle ways, and roads. Obviously there will be the odd occasions when you have to cross a footpath/cycle track. Most parks have signs saying no motorcycles or horses, and most riders I know respect that. Unfortunately you get the minority-as you mentioned-you spoil it for the majority

bevhunter1986 said:
Dear work

Thank you for upsetting me! I've been on holiday for a month as my bf returned from a tour of afghan! Now you tell me I'm coming back to work and I'm not doing the job I was supposed to be doing and Ive no longer got a desk! Charming!!!

Well eff you I've typed my notice you retards!

Hugs!! Bosses are such numpties sometimes!!!

Thank u welshtigger, always wondered y horses r on the roads when there's a path which must b safer!

I went on a horse once but he chucked me off cause a hunt got lost and ended up in the wrong place. Think I would b too scared to do it again!

X

Horses don't go on pavements, and children shouldn't be walking in the road? Just a thought??

Children do need to cross roads though. All the parks and open spaces round here have horse crap everywhere including the path to the childrens play park, I can't see why horseriders are exempt from clearing up after themselves.

You sound like a very responsible & caring horse owner Weshtigger :) There are horses that come up & down our street all the time & the kids love it & stand in their gardens watching! They're beautiful animals & I'd love to ride one.

Either me or one of my neighbours always picks up any mess that's left on the road & we don't mind doin it at all, it's unavoidable & a small price to pay to get the wee horses exercised & give the kids a bit of excitement.x

There's plenty of fields and woods etc round here and they come from over that way so why do they even NEED to go round the urban roadways?
It's not like they are using country lanes to get from place to place, they deliberately ride INTO the urban area.
Surely the horse is more at ease and better off on the fields or bridleways in the countryside?

Welshtigger said:
Hugs!! Bosses are such numpties sometimes!!!

Thanks! Numpties, well insensitive *beeps* came to mind but anyway!! x

I'm so angry this morning. My boyfriend got back from Work last night(after doing a 3 day job down to Devon and back) he drove home from Cardiff and arrived back at 10pm. He couldn't get into his flat cos his flat mate had left his key inside the door, I told him to come here, but he wouldn't as I'm working this morning at 7am, so he's slept in his car all night! I can't believe what an idiot his mate is being! He knew Matt was coming back last night, and as a coach driver Matt needs to ensure he gets his proper rest breaks-not spend a night sat in his car!!!! Grrrrrr

Dear Sore throat and blocked nose

Kindly do one please. I have a presentation tomorrow which determines if I pass my probabtion in my new job, and if I do I get a signing on bonus, which I could really do with to buy a newer car. I do not need you affecting my brain and ability to speak.

You can come back in time for the training ocurse at the end of the week if you really want

Back