Unthoughtful people!

9 stones wowwwwwzer! That's nearly a whole leapfrog! Have a great birthday and give the SW bird the bird :D

Firstly, happy birthday.
Secondly, well done on losing 9st. Amazing.
Thirdly, by "manager" do you mean your consultants boss or just someone on their social team? I'm unclear why the consultants boss would be doing the weigh-ins for their group. ?

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

This is gonna be a long one!

L F , read and ran at 3 am, so am replying now. She's jealous of you and all you have achieved. you are are an inspiration to many so don't let this person put you off going to class,I take it the consultant is a good one or you wouldnt be staying at her class. Stick with it hold your head up and stand proud,VERY PROUD.:bighug:

ps is it in the Echo or a paper from over the water? I will look out for it and say to everyone at my class I know this lady!!:read:

GO TANYA:party0011:

Not in the Echo I'm afraid- it's in the Wirral Globe- it will be on the website somewhere I'm sure- if you sift through the election stuff!.

I love my consultant- I really don't have a bad word to say about her. She's helped me through a lot and I wouldn't have gotten this far without her.

I don't think she's jealous- I've always thought she was a bit stand-offish with me- even before I lost a lot....so I don't know what's going on, I really don't :(

Well boo sucks to her! You rock and we love you! So ignore her. You know how proud we all are of you, and Julie thinks you're ace!
And it's your birthday yeyyyyyyyyyy xxxx love ya xxxx
Ps ignore her catty comments, and just do the media story anyway :) xx

Thanks Jo xx It's not just the catty comments- it's the atmosphere that I feel whenever we're in the same room. I try to be nice and polite- but sometimes I just wonder why I bother- I'm always paranoid that she's slagging me off to all the consultants or something :\

But yay for birthday! Sod it all- had a nice day (even though I have felt icky all day- but survived!) thats it for another year!! xxx

I also read and ran at silly am and planned to come back an comment!

This silly woman sounds jealous, insecure and immature to me. Who needs her! Your losing weight for YOU not for her and you have done amazingly and I think you sound fabulous and inspiring!

Remember you joined slimming world for yourself and you should be proud of your achievements. I'm sure all the people from your class would be gutted if you left because I bet you inspire them and I bet they value the input of someone who has done so well.

And if you give us this women's name we will all send anonymous complaints to slimming world HEad office to say she isnt embodying the slimming world ethos and she needs a good slap lol.

Congratulations on your amazing weight loss journey.

X x x

I know this sounds daft but I feel bad even thinking of complaining- because my self worth is so low- I just think I'm being stupid. Maybe I am- but it doesn't make things any less painful....

I know I am here for me, but I am one of those people that constantly needs reassurance- I am mentally young- and it's something I'm working on- because I need to grow up (mentally) and toughen up....I can't live life feeling like this all the time eh? In the mean time, I do tend to sink into massive depressions when someone doesn't like me and it's apparent...I'm starting to ramble and it's not making me look any better lol.

Flutterby I agree with all of the above and surely to be a team manager you need to be supportive, can you have a word with your C and tell her how you feel? Maybe this women is so in awe of you she doesn't know what to say!! Don't give up going as once you get to target its free to go and from what lots of target members said last night, that's when they needed to go to group as its harder to stay within target and easy to put it back on if you're not keeping an eye on it.

I've told J already- I don't think there is much she can do- I don't want to drag her into it more- because she and the TM are good friends. I doubt she's in awe of me- even if that would be a nice thought. I just don't think she likes me.

I am genuinely worried about getting to target- for a few reasons- and group would help- but I might try a Liverpool group or something- get out of the way and still be able to get support of a group...even if they won't be as awesome as the people in my group- and the consultant won't be anywhere near as good! :( It's a catch 22- because lately I've been so stressed about this I've started comfort eating (and harming myself in other ways) again. I shouldn't be letting anyone or anything affect me like this!

Wow, what a silly cow! Your achievement is absolutely incredible, I wouldn't waste any time on worrying about a petty little person like that. 9st, that is amazing! Well done!!!

If she was just a member I wouldn't be as arsed- a member is a member. But because I want (/wanted) to be a consultant and she would basically be my boss.....It's like the chance of being a consultant is getting smaller and smaller every time she sees me.

Happy birthday @-}--

Happy Birthday!!! Have pmed you x

From me too!!!!

Thanks guys xx (PM'd you back Madame ;) )

9 stones wowwwwwzer! That's nearly a whole leapfrog! Have a great birthday and give the SW bird the bird :D

Thank you :) I've lost a friend of mine already- heehee. When I'm at target I'll have "lost" my mum :D x

Firstly, happy birthday.
Secondly, well done on losing 9st. Amazing.
Thirdly, by "manager" do you mean your consultants boss or just someone on their social team? I'm unclear why the consultants boss would be doing the weigh-ins for their group. ?

Thanks hun- congrats to you too on getting into the greatest loser top 10!
Yes- she's J's boss- but the both of them are good friends- so if J needs someone to take money or do weighing, she'll come over and step in. So she does turn up to different groups on occasion.

Whew- after that I need to get to bed *yawns*

Thanks everyone for your comments and well wishes. I feel bad having to rant about this- because I fear it'll end up getting back to her....then I don't know what I'll do....but I'm getting to my wits end....maybe I'm just uber touchy at the moment- overtired and stuff!

LittleFlutterby said:
Dear SW team manager,

What is your problem with me? It's pretty evident you don't like me and I struggle to see why!

When you weighed me in January and I did enough to get my 7 stone award, I didn't even receive a "well done" from you. When I posted on my consultant's fb group about getting my 9 stone award, you didn't say anything. But another member posts tonight that they get their 2 stone award and you're congratulating them and saying how much of an inspiration they are!

When I get my weight loss story in the paper- and when my C posted that she was looking forward to reading it (in her fb group) all you could say was "how does the Slimming World advert look?"

You know what? You are putting me off Slimming World altogether. The fear I have of bumping into you is so much that I don't even want to go to my group- just in case!

I have less than 10lb to target- I may just get there and stick to doing it on my own- I can't be dealing with it- my mental health is already mega fragile as it is- I can't cope with any more upset!

I'm sure you'll be glad to know this- and I'm sure you'll be glad to know that I won't bother with any more media attention in regards to my story- since all that matters is the actual advert and NOT my story!

You should email head office, disgusting behaviour, ignore her Happy Birthday x

Dear landlord of next door, I'm an insomniac, your new tenants moved in yesterday, I've now had 3 hours sleep due to a screaming baby and child since 7am :( peace and quite has gone flying through the window. I won't be pleasant today at all ;)

You could always volunteer your services on the social team, no need to call her in then if you're there. :)

LittleFlutterby said:
Yes- she's J's boss- but the both of them are good friends- so if J needs someone to take money or do weighing, she'll come over and step in. So she does turn up to different groups on occasion.
!

I'm wondering if it's a form of jealousy then? Your C is obviously proud of you as possibly talks about you, if she's friends with her as well as her boss she may well be jealous.

I know it's hard but try and keep your head up and enjoy class and the newspaper article, you've done so well, this girl at work used to be quite horrible to me, just little comments etc and one day I'd had enough and said I wanted a word with her outside, I asked her what I'd done to upset her as she obviously didn't like me, she said sorry and said she didnt realise she was doing it, was a nice as pie after, even invited me around hers and nights out after.

I'm not saying speak to her as I'm sure that'll be intimidating but perhaps do as someone (sorry can't remember who.. Maybe Coljack!), suggested above, perhaps volunteer for the social team, she'll possibly get to know you then and realise what a nice person you are or alternatively won't need to come at all as they won't be short.

Hope it all works out okay for you x

Dear mum sat on my sofa...

You phoned earlier & asked what I was doing today. I told you I had a busy day planned & I'd talk later, that did not mean turn up at my house anyway & moan coz I'm trying to do stuff! Don't then say 'why did you invite me if you haven't time to talk?!?' WTF I never invited you, I went out of my way to say I'm busy!!! you sat here all day Saturday & all afternoon yesterday too, Is there any wonder I've nowt to say... Please go home!!

Dear mum sat on my sofa...

You phoned earlier & asked what I was doing today. I told you I had a busy day planned & I'd talk later, that did not mean turn up at my house anyway & moan coz I'm trying to do stuff! Don't then say 'why did you invite me if you haven't time to talk?!?' WTF I never invited you, I went out of my way to say I'm busy!!! you sat here all day Saturday & all afternoon yesterday too, Is there any wonder I've nowt to say... Please go home!!

It's the opposite for me. I can't get my mum to come to our house unless it's for a special meal. She always expects me to visit her and sit there like a lemon just chatting. If she came tome I could still chat but be ironing or cooking to catchup. Sometimes I think she forgets that me and my sister both work, have families to look after etc.then she moans she is lonely but won't do anything about it.

supergran52 said:
It's the opposite for me. I can't get my mum to come to our house unless it's for a special meal. She always expects me to visit her and sit there like a lemon just chatting. If she came tome I could still chat but be ironing or cooking to catchup. Sometimes I think she forgets that me and my sister both work, have families to look after etc.then she moans she is lonely but won't do anything about it.

I wouldn't mind if she was lonely but she leaves my dad sitting at home bored to come to mine, then when I'm tidying she'll start getting kids toys out (that I've just put away), throws a strop when they visit there other nanna (who they visit sunday & she is on her own) & generally causes me more stress. She also only visits when she wants to, she says to see the kids but if I have somewhere I need to go or ask her to babysit I get told no chance!

Sorry I may be being over sensitive, everything seems to be annoying me at the minute...

Dear work colleague

No, it is not sensible when you have have a cold and cough for the last 2 weeks which in your own words 'you can't shift' to go out drinking EVERY night. In fact, its not sensible to go out drinking every night. Its also not professional to talk about it loudly in the office like you are showing off about how interesting your life is. Your life is terminally dull - if it was interesting you would spend more time actually living it and less time telling everyone on fb & in person how crazy and exciting your life is.

And for the record, its is a bit weird to be 'celebrating' your 2 month anniversary with a bloke who you have been out with 6 times. You are nearly 40 for goodness sake.

And finally, please go home. I don't want whatever it is you've got, and no one is that important that they should be coming in when they are as ill as you seem to be.I know your boss has told you not come in until you're better, so stop being a martyr.

Its not even 9am and I want to punch you.

Last edited:
Dear kingleds colleague,

Please go to your doctors asap, and get a second opinion while you're there too just to be certain.
A colleague of mine at work got a call earlier saying that his 34 year old friend had just passed away from pneumonia that was misdiagnosed by his gp as a symptom / side effect of his depression.
By the time he was coughing up blood and went to the ER on wednesday it was too late to save him.
So please ALL of you, if you get a persistent cough then go get it checked.

ColJack said:
Dear kingleds colleague,

Please go to your doctors asap, and get a second opinion while you're there too just to be certain.
A colleague of mine at work got a call earlier saying that his 34 year old friend had just passed away from pneumonia that was misdiagnosed by his gp as a symptom / side effect of his depression.
By the time he was coughing up blood and went to the ER on wednesday it was too late to save him.
So please ALL of you, if you get a persistent cough then go get it checked.

Agreed, my dad died from pneumonia and it's a horrible painful way to die and the Dr missed it as a "water infection" even though we were calling them to the house for two months!

My dads been going to the drs for 2 years saying he feels ill, not right, in pain etc. just kept getting told to take painkillers. He went to drs 4 times in 2 weeks because he could barely move - still no tests, think they just viewed him as an irritating patient. Went again a few weeks ago with pain in his ribs, dr thought it was pneumonia so took action and got a chest xray done but he's actually got stage 4 advanced cancer of the kidney, bones and lung and there's nothing they can do but try to control the pain he's in until the 'end'. Our GP sucks. My dad just turned 52.

hendopig said:
My dads been going to the drs for 2 years saying he feels ill, not right, in pain etc. just kept getting told to take painkillers. He went to drs 4 times in 2 weeks because he could barely move - still no tests, think they just viewed him as an irritating patient. Went again a few weeks ago with pain in his ribs, dr thought it was pneumonia so took action and got a chest xray done but he's actually got stage 4 advanced cancer of the kidney, bones and lung and there's nothing they can do but try to control the pain he's in until the 'end'. Our GP sucks. My dad just turned 52.

OMG! That' s awful, I am so sorry x sending hugs x

That's shocking - sending huge hugs to you and yours

hendopig said:

So sorry big hugs

hendopig said:

That's awful. I do hope your dad is in the least amount of pain possible xxx

hendopig said:

Thinking of you hun. My best friend has just gone through a very similar situation with her own Dad, although not over as long a time period.

Big hugs and lots of love xxx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using MiniMins

Back