Unthoughtful people!

Dear Jamaican jerk chicken man outside my office,

Please make your food smell less appetising so I can give my willpower a break!

That is all!

Yours, sparty's grumbling tum

I can send you a low syn Jerk chciken recipe for you to make your own if you want :)

sparty said:
Ooooohhhhh yes please :)

Then you can waft it over him looking very smug ;-)

Just had an extremely unpleasant experience thanks to several thousand unthoughtful people.

Passing through Liverpool St station (central London) on my usual commute home when suddenly literally thousands of Italian Lazio football fans pour into the station. Now this is a big, old, Victoriana style station but it was packed, absolutely heaving with fans.

And theyve not just your usual football fans - they have a particularly bad hooliganism reputation. Ultra right wing, ultra violent. They were marching in time, and chanting so loudly the floor and the walls of the station were vibrating. They were accompanied by hundreds of Met police - who all looked very intimidated.

Now I'm pretty much as calm and laid back as it comes, I've done crowd control work, worked at football stadiums and festivals as part of the medical team, frequently in the middle of heaving crowds or mosh pits where you can barely put one foot in front of the other. I've also worked in prison, with some extremely intense and unpleasant inmates.

But this was something else. It completely threw me. I was caught in this seething mass of chaos and I completely freaked out. I could literally feel the panic attack rising in my chest. Luckily I managed to squeeze my way back of the station, and walk the surrounding streets until the crowds cleared and my adrenaline wore off.

Probably just as well I did - when I returned, the police were attending to a couple of guys with black eyes so something must have kicked off.

I just feel, well bizarre. The adrenaline crash has come now, and I feel really silly, but also annoyed that a bunch of ****s has made me feel like this.
oh you poor thing you must have felt so horrible! i have clinical anxiety so i totally get how you must have felt-please dont feel stupid-i was told when i was in a therapy session once that anxiety is your bodys way of protecting yourself or your children from harm so its a good thing to feel these things, its only when its all the time or over insignificent things that it becomes a problem. hope youre feeling a bit calmer now xxx

Dear work colleague...(male) You obviously have a problem with me, and have constantly griped about me to the bosses, but to stand and raise you voice and sling crates about on the shop floor at me is not on... So you are unhappy that I am doing something that gets to you, but I was unaware that I was doing anything wrong, it is up to my line manager to tell me, quietly and off the shop floor if there is a problem... This has not taken place, so until your rant I was none the wiser... Thanks to you I got the bus red faced and crying... I will be putting in a complaint, not about what you were ranting about, but the way you communicated the issue to me...

sleepytimesadie said:
Dear work colleague...(male) You obviously have a problem with me, and have constantly griped about me to the bosses, but to stand and raise you voice and sling crates about on the shop floor at me is not on... So you are unhappy that I am doing something that gets to you, but I was unaware that I was doing anything wrong, it is up to my line manager to tell me, quietly and off the shop floor if there is a problem... This has not taken place, so until your rant I was none the wiser... Thanks to you I got the bus red faced and crying... I will be putting in a complaint, not about what you were ranting about, but the way you communicated the issue to me...

So you should that bullying gorilla posturing and has NO place in society!!!!!!

Shirleen said:
In fact you need to communicate your feelings before going into work again!

I'm not in again until Saturday and I am not going to spoil my day off going in before to complain, however, he isn't in on Saturday, so I can do it then...

Dominoid said:
One would assume they're unpacking and assembling flat pack furniture? If they seem quiet then they probably are bar the first few days after moving in. Your post was at midnight though, we're they still going at that time?

They have been in the flat for 3 weeks so I don't think it's the flat packed thing. It went quiet round 1am .... Hope it's a one off. My last 2 neighbours (it's a rented flat) were stoaters!

whats a stoater? lol xxx

*Sparkles* said:
To my new upstairs neighbour....

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt so far as you seem quiet but you have been hammering on the floor for 4hrs now and my patience is wearing thin ....

Yours

Your not so patent neighbour...

Perhaps they'd fallen I'll and needed medical help and were banging to get attention......

Back