Unthoughtful people!

I know someone who had a late abortion, we were in the same teen mum support group. She found out at 17 weeks she was pregnant. She was 12 years old.

.............. Deleted because I don't think I want to be in this discussion xxxx

Last edited:

gazter said:
but he is bang on this one. Well done Jeremy.

Respectfully, it is a decision you will never have to make for yourself, so like Mr Hunt, your opinion should not really be relevant.

Like a number of other people have said, this is a personal decision. One I hope I never have to make, but it is MY decision regardless.

I would have preferred it if he had been honest & said his objection was on religious grounds instead of trying to make out that it was due to medical research. At least it would have been honest then.

I agree with shirleen, not a post for this forum. post deleted.

Last edited:
I agree with shirleen, not a post for this forum. post deleted.

Last edited:
gazter said:
Actually it isnt your decision either. The law is quite clear about under what circumstances an abortion should be permitted. This is roundly abused by doctors.

That is a opinion based in very little fact. When I was at university in North Yorkshire we had a right to choose fund set up which would fund private terminations, or childcare for students should they choose to co time with theirmpregnacies.. This fund was in place because NHS doctors refused 95% of termination requests.

Given that the same rules apply to private terminations (namely that continuing with a pregnancy would create physical or psychological harm to the mother) it does not make any sense that a fund like this would need to be set up unless NHS doctors were routinely ignoring the circumstances presented to them

no offence to anyone but this isnt the place to discuss this, abortion is a very personal and emotional thing - we dont want our thread deleted because its gone too far or offended people. xxx

*Emsie* said:
Dear Me
Can you hurry up and decide whats most important to you about work and then spend some time and energy focussing on making the changes/improvements that need to be made so going to work doesn't continue to make you feel so crappy.
from me

Ahhhh emsie, you seem to be having a rough patch at the min. *hugs* xxx

*Emsie* said:
Dear Me
Can you hurry up and decide whats most important to you about work and then spend some time and energy focussing on making the changes/improvements that need to be made so going to work doesn't continue to make you feel so crappy.
from me

Hello babe, don't think I am sticking my nose in, I know we don't know each other, but please get this issue sorted as I know first hand that work can make you very low if you are not happy there... Even if you have to walk away, as hard as it seems, sometimes its for the best... Hugs...xx

Thanks hun,I'm probably just a drama queen but feel like am in a lack of career rut!

Do some person centred thinking, a list of what's working/not working, a list of your passions, what gets your attention, and gets you out of bed? Spend some time dreaming about where you'd like to be and what you'd like to be doing if there was nothing in your way.

Now are you sure there's no way to do this now?

Ill try, seem to have hit a wall at the moment with my confidence in my ability and therefore can't sell myself for jobs that I know I could do and have the qualifications to do. I am doing a very similar job to people ii work alongside that get paid a lot more than me and feel that the hours I have to put in is not worth the take home. Am thinking of getting a second job but not sure whether its the right thing to do or not.

Dear thoughtless person,

Please don't assume because I don't have children yet that this is by choice.

Nor does being childless make me some kind of selfish career woman with an empathy deficiency who puts work first and hates kids. It just makes me rather unlucky and fairly miserable about the whole situation.

I know you don't know me very well but assumptions are never good and tbh are pretty upsetting at this point..

Thank you

missy1978 said:
Dear thoughtless person,

Please don't assume because I don't have children yet that this is by choice.

Nor does being childless make me some kind of selfish career woman with an empathy deficiency who puts work first and hates kids. It just makes me rather unlucky and fairly miserable about the whole situation.

I know you don't know me very well but assumptions are never good and tbh are pretty upsetting at this point..

Thank you

Oooo - this kind of thing makes me so bloody mad. I hate that people assume anything. I would be sorely tempted to put them straight on a few things hun! Including the fact its none of theur Business.

Aside from anything else, so what if you were a selfish career woman with an empathy deficiency who puts work first & hates kids? . I am exactly that & anyone who wants to have a go at me about it can feck off under their rock.

kingleds said:
Oooo - this kind of thing makes me so bloody mad. I hate that people assume anything. I would be sorely tempted to put them straight on a few things hun! Including the fact its none of theur Business.

Aside from anything else, so what if you were a selfish career woman with an empathy deficiency who puts work first & hates kids? . I am exactly that & anyone who wants to have a go at me about it can feck off under their rock.

No one should judge at all - that's the worst of it. And it is no one else's business. There seems to be some people who believe that you are some kind of lesser being if you haven't procreated and I hate that assumption full stop.

When you actually do want kids though it really does wound. :(

I usually just say that my lack of children isn't due to lack of trying and that usually embarrasses them enough to shut up. There is this general myth that having children is a) easy to achieve and b) something that everyone should do. Neither is true!

Back