Using Discover in secret...

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - Discover Plan' started by Loser85, 23 January 2011 Social URL.

1. Loser85

Loser85 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    23st10lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st10lb(28.31%)
    Start back on the diet band wagon next Wednesday. Im tempted to use 'old' points as this is what i know. Does anybody do this at a meeting without the leader knowing? I dont want to get into trouble but im TERRIBLE with new things.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kagome75

kagome75 WWer

Start Weight:
    92kg
    Current Weight:
    61kg
    Goal Weight:
    55kg
    Lost(%):
    31kg(33.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    you won't get in trouble but the meetings won't be as helpful for you because the leader will discuss themes about the new diet so you might feel out of place. propoints is not difficult to get used to and it's very handy. Try it!

4. Nicola25

Nicola25 Member

Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    calorie counting prev weightwatchers
    i still do discover, only go to meetings to be weighed, as the class wouldnt benefit me, but to be honest before pro points came out i still didnt stay for class, i just wanted to be weighed an go after having a long day in work

5. Tracer

Tracer Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0.5lb(25.86%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I've stuck with Discovery and told my leader.... She's not impressed..... tough...... It suits me and I'm paying for it..... Lol
    Do what suits you... X

6. Loser85

Loser85 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    23st10lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st10lb(28.31%)
    So i guess i just dont tell her what plan im using? Or would it be best to be honest? As staying behind isnt always easy with my wee girl. Id be willing to change to PP after a while but need to get settled in again 1st.

7. Star*

Star* Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(1.83%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    There are a few people in my class who are doing old points. The leader doesn't mind because they are not far from goal. I started doing pro points but the weight loss is slower so I am going back to old points and still going to class and see how I do.

Its a personal choice so totally up to you - but I would say don't bad mouth propoints or old points in the class. There is a woman in mine who always slags off propoints and I find it really rude and her negativity affects other people.

Just stick to what works for you. Don't forget your paying for it and ww is there to support you

8. pollyg

pollyg Full Member

Absolutely agree with Star, stick to what suits you but let the rest enjoy whatever system suits them. My class is about half & half, so although there is some discussion on propoints, general exercise and weight loss topics are basically the same principles and we get as much support from one another as from the leader. You might find quite a few others are still on Discover if you ask around your group, although about half our group are on Discover, only 2 of us have actually said so out loud in the meeting.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.