Version 2: 2kg lost, 3 to go

Congratulations on being a size 16... I think that's a size readily available in all shops which is which a joy after having been restricted to certain shops only. Well done x

Thank u thank u. And yes - borderline plus size now so yay!!! *skipping with joy*

Ah should have read your thread before mine... now I do know where you are. How do you find PP days now that you're in Conso?

Woo well done for moving onto cruise!!

And a massive well done for becoming a size 16!!!

Amazing achievements bonkers, you should be very proud of your self xxx

Fantastic bonkers well done xxx

Ah should have read your thread before mine... now I do know where you are. How do you find PP days now that you're in Conso?

I do my PP days on Wed (not Thurs as the good doc recommended :)) and WI on Thurs morning. Have it programmed into my phone to remind me on Tues that I got a boring day ahead of me :p.

So far not had any trouble sticking to it. Altho my PP days is no longer low-fat - its mod fat, high protein and minimum carbs (from oat bran only).

Woo well done for moving onto cruise!!

And a massive well done for becoming a size 16!!!

Amazing achievements bonkers, you should be very proud of your self xxx

Welcome back!!!! Where have you been - I've missed you.

Thank you thank you...

8 May 2014:

WI and I'm down 500gms! 3 weeks and 3 WIs on conso and loss of 1.3 kgs so far. That's 600gms (1.3lb) away from TW.

My calories since moving to Conso are way too high - I am consuming upwards of 2500 cals a day. Even on my PP day yesterday I hit 2300 cals :eek:.

The one thing I did different from last week where I STSd was to have my celebration meal in the morning (breakfast pancakes and french toast :drool:). After which I had the whole day to use up that extra food. Also didn't have any toilet issues as a result :p.

So my plan is to continue like this till final May WI on 29 May and see how my body changes. And then going to try something different. Now that I am eating according to the rules (not counting all that high fat stuff :p) and getting into the swing of Conso, I am going to experiment with different eating styles (carb cycling for one! thanks Vic :)) but staying within the rules while trying these.

Edit:

Forgot to mention. Took my sis measurements last night. Now she is 4.11 and weighs about 63kg. So no way is she skinny. Slightly overweight at best. However, she fits in to 10s and 12s in most stores.

Her waist and hip measurements are exactly 5 inches less than mine (each)! Just think... in 5 inches time I may fit into size 12s!!! :D

Last edited:
It's true that Conso is a good way of losing the last few kilos but I'm surprised you're hitting over 2500 each day AND losing. Good for you. Your target is the one set by the calculator?

Your sister is tiny... height wise I mean.

How lovely to be still loosing, and so close to target too. Do you have a treat planned for when you hit it? Something new and momentous!

TW is well within reach now, how exciting! :D:D:D x

It's true that Conso is a good way of losing the last few kilos but I'm surprised you're hitting over 2500 each day AND losing. Good for you. Your target is the one set by the calculator?

Your sister is tiny... height wise I mean.

I am really surprised at the cal intake and the loss. I have not changed my exercise habits - still doing Chalean 3 days and HIIT 2 days (if I feel like it!). And these numbers are from MFP and not guesstimates for the last week where I lost a lb!

Yes, target set by website calculator. The calculator obviously knows what its talking about!

Hahahaha! Yes she is... I am 5.2 but those 3 inches make a huge diff! Entire family is short (I beat my dad by an inch :p).

How lovely to be still loosing, and so close to target too. Do you have a treat planned for when you hit it? Something new and momentous!

Thanks tryin again.

I am having so much fun eating vegetables daily and a weekly celebration meal, bread when I want and fruits daily! I think I am treating myself already :D.

Cheat meal on Fri was Indian. Once again didn't stick to the rules (had 2 starters, 2 mains and 2 deserts!). But had the meal for lunch so walked it off after and it didn't feel uncomfortable.

Went out for brekkie yesterday. Took my bread with me. Ended up eating only one slice with my 2 poached eggs. Was so full and couldn't imagine eating the second slice. I'm amazed at my behavior... There was a time that I would be eating all the bread in the basket and asking for more. Now one slice and I'm happy.

Also found Atkins bars! Now I know this is completely off plan but I had to try them out. Had 1/3rd of a chocolate one. Quite chewy but nice. Got starch meal planned for tonight. Also realized today that its TOTM week! That came around pretty quickly!

Now to see how all of the above messes with my body :D

Goodness, this is actually really exciting :D 5" standing between hot and a size 12! I know it's a kind of guesstimate, but it's still bl00dy exciting!

You're doing so so well B. I'm completely clueless about Dukan (the steps, the full plan) but I'm loving reading your journey..... The winding road to success is so different for all of us, but your triumphs are sincerely celebrated. Good on ya chick xx (and thank the heavens you bulled through that sts nightmare! Yep. Universal pain in the butt that one lol)

I hope you have a fabulous week ahead x

8 May 2014:

WI and I'm down 500gms! 3 weeks and 3 WIs on conso and loss of 1.3 kgs so far. That's 600gms (1.3lb) away from TW.

My calories since moving to Conso are way too high - I am consuming upwards of 2500 cals a day. Even on my PP day yesterday I hit 2300 cals :eek:.

The one thing I did different from last week where I STSd was to have my celebration meal in the morning (breakfast pancakes and french toast :drool:). After which I had the whole day to use up that extra food. Also didn't have any toilet issues as a result :p.

So my plan is to continue like this till final May WI on 29 May and see how my body changes. And then going to try something different. Now that I am eating according to the rules (not counting all that high fat stuff :p) and getting into the swing of Conso, I am going to experiment with different eating styles (carb cycling for one! thanks Vic :)) but staying within the rules while trying these.

Edit:

Forgot to mention. Took my sis measurements last night. Now she is 4.11 and weighs about 63kg. So no way is she skinny. Slightly overweight at best. However, she fits in to 10s and 12s in most stores.

Her waist and hip measurements are exactly 5 inches less than mine (each)! Just think... in 5 inches time I may fit into size 12s!!! :D

5 inches is nothing, you'll be in them 10s and 12s before you know it :)

well done on losing so much weight, you are an inspiration x x

Goodness, this is actually really exciting :D 5" standing between hot and a size 12! I know it's a kind of guesstimate, but it's still bl00dy exciting!

You're doing so so well B. I'm completely clueless about Dukan (the steps, the full plan) but I'm loving reading your journey..... The winding road to success is so different for all of us, but your triumphs are sincerely celebrated. Good on ya chick xx (and thank the heavens you bulled through that sts nightmare! Yep. Universal pain in the butt that one lol)

I hope you have a fabulous week ahead x

I know I know... Size 12 was never on the books till a few days ago :p.

After 260 odd days on Dukan, I have finally understood it! I think the key is Dukan has really helped me appreciate healthy food and learn to listen to my body. Now I am not 100% Dukan - I stick to the main rules but allow myself higher fat (like Atkins) - but if it wasn't for the initial restriction, I would never have made it to here.

STS is pretty much going to be the norm now. I am no longer in the weight loss phase of the diet. Any loss is a bonus. Plus I am eating way more food (calories) to allow much change in the numbers on the scale.

But as my goal now is to change the way my body looks and feels (recomp) I am not concerned about the scale - going to still weigh myself weekly to make sure I am not slipping - and will happily STS for the rest of my life :D.

5 inches is nothing, you'll be in them 10s and 12s before you know it :)

well done on losing so much weight, you are an inspiration x x

You are so kind Jenny. Thank you xx

So last night I had my starch meal for the week. This is the first week I've done this since starting Conso.

Consisted of 175 gms cooked white rice with Chorizo, a chicken thigh and okra - all leftovers :rolleyes:. When I first looked at the rice on my plate, I thought no way is this going to be enough! I may have to eat my bread as well (I hadn't had any yesterday).

But OMG! Was it more than enough. I was stuffed at the end of the meal. Could not sleep properly (felt like I used to over 9 months ago when I ate like that every night!). Woke up feeling sick and bloated. Now granted, some of this could be attributed to TOTM (which looks like is starting today) but, just like I realised two weeks ago that I could not eat a celebration meal at night, I do not think I can eat starchy carbs at night either.

The only plus - those carbs floating around my body gave me the energy required to smash some of my previous weight max during my lifting circuit this morning :D.

Now I am off to enjoy some cheese as a snack before lunch in an hour or so. Gosh, lifting days really leave me hungry :eatdrink023:

I feel a lot better if I have a low-ish carb dinner too.

You've totally got this, I'm so proud of you :) x

Back