Vitamins???

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Malinky, 16 November 2006 Social URL.

1. Malinky

Malinky Member

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.38%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi Everyone,
    I know our LL foodpacks give us 100% of the RDA for Vitamins etc, but I'm having really bad problems with my skin (spots, in my 30's - how unfair is that!!!). My Doctor has given me antiobiotics but has suggested I take a vitamin supplement as well - I said I was on LL and that I was getting 100% of the RDA already and he said that RDA's are only guidelines and some people benefit from taking extra BUT he couldn't tell me if taking Vitamins (specifically A & C) would knock me out of ketosis. Anyone got any ideas? I don't want to have to choose between being thin and being spot free!!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. magickmel

magickmel Loves VLCD's !

Diet:
    Lighter Life and now CD
    Hi Malinky,
    I had a similar kind of chat with my LLC. I don't think it is the vitamins as much as what they use to make them into tablets. Are they coated with a sugar substance etc. I would find a brand and take it to your LLC and get them to check out the ingredients. I am back on Oil of evening primrose in a gelatin capsule and it has had no effect on ketosis.

4. Malinky

Malinky Member

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.38%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thanks Melissa,
    I've got some left that I was taking before I started LL, so I'll get my LLC to have a look at them for me!

Thanks again....

5. Kath

Kath Water water everywhere

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hello, would be interested what your lighter life lady says :)

I would like to take a multivitamin on top of my packs, I know they say they're 100% but I'd still feel better taking something extra. I did recently ask if it was ok for me to take some vitamin c & zinc - she wanted to know why and I explained because I had a coldsore and normally I would just take extra vit c & zinc to help it heal quicker. She said that's fine :) Although I didnt' actually get around to buying any :eek:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.