Vivid Dreams Anyone?

We know that we all dream on a regular 40 minute cycle, science has proven that - just that some folks remember them and some don't.

I have always had a lot of dreams whilst asleep but since I have been on CD my dreams have become more vibrant, very vivid and more frequent!

I can wake up, go to the bathroom, go back to bed, fall asleep and the dream carries on where it left off! Not once but two or three times!

Have this almost every night.

It has also increased since AAMW - so increasing protein increases the dreaming and intensity.

It doesn't worry me at all and some of the dreams would make a good film!

Has anyone else experienced this?

I haven't been remembering my dreams much since I started losing weight a month ago but I did have a nightmare last weekend that 3 people were trying to kill me lol though it wasn't funny at the time and seemed so real! :eek:

Absolutely mine were more vivid, I also dreamed about food a lot!

For some reason I dreamt about lasagne all the time with loads of melted cheese on the top, then again if I ate it in my dream then it was technically calorie free and didn't knock me out of ketosis so all good!! ;-)

Mike

When I first started, I did have very vivid dreams but not anymore. The most recurring one was that I had 'accidentally' eaten some real food and had broken ketosis. In the dream I was so upset with myself!

I can remember them being vivid though, very colourful and I always remembered them the next day more than before.

Strange!

There was a thread up about dreams a few weeks back as loads of us had been having really vivid dreams on CD. We figured there must be a connection.

hi cute'n'quirky,

You are certainly not the only one who has experienced this, I started a thread a few weeks ago after being plagued night after night with horrible dreams/night mares. Even if they weren't scary they were quite disturbing dreams that I was having. I have dug out the thread so you can see what other people think, there has to be a connection, not sure if it is ketosis that kicks it off but take a look at the thread:

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/20535-dreams-anyone-had-many-more-dreams-cd.html

very interesting.

I stopped posting my dreams when they became too intense, a lot of them involved family members and I could'nt bring myself to write about it, far toooooo scary and upsetting.

Touch wood, I've not been affected in the last week, not that much anyway, and the only difference is that I've not drank half as much water as I usually do....so, may sound daft but could WATER, have anything to do with it?? maybe not water on it's own, but water and ketosis?? Who knows??

I'm off to bed now, 2 hours later than planned, I wonder what is in store for me tonight...nightmare or pleasant dreams??

night night xx sj xx

It's odd though because I don't remember this being a prob when I was on LL SS last year, had another kinda weird (but not scary like last one) dream other night but can't remember now what it was.

Back