Viv's Dukan Diary

HM FF Soft Cheese with Chives

I basically make this by first making HM FF yogurt, then all I do is strain the yogurt (to get all the whey out) with a type of cheese cloth for a while (you have to try this for yourselves as the longer you strain it the drier & thicker it gets), then mix in some of the chives or the tops of really fresh spring onions or whatever taste you like!

The last time I made this I strained the yogurt for a couple hours and what was left was almost crumbly, I added a bit of the whey back in and added the chives, its really nice spread over a galette or a slice of ham. Next time I am going to try some crushed garlic in there!

Hang in there Monty... Can you get hold of rhubarb easily out there, or another form of laxative pill for next time perhaps? (Otherwise cold water first thing can help!)

I haven't ever seen rhubarb here, would love some now mmmmm..... why a pill and not the Phsyllium?

I think you could (should?) be eating more protein. One slice of ham and one slice of chicken isn't a great deal. Cook your meats yourself, where possible, as packaged stuffs have a lot of water and salt in them and aren't nearly as filling.

I always try to cook myself but you know when you are absolutley famished you go for the nearest thing.... I'll try not to eat them too much in future :)

Cruise Day 3 PV:
B: 2 slices roast beef
L: Miso soup, galette with FF HM soft cheese with chives
D: Mashed cauliflower, boiled white radish, green beans and cabbage, herby chicken
S: SF Jelly with FF yogurt
W: loads of liquids, but was still feeling the thirst
E: 1.2hrs at gym - 30 mins walk/jogg combo, the rest of the time doing weights, stretching

The psyllium worked a bit too well for me!

Cruise Day 4 PP
B: Galette with roast beef, soft cheese and chives x 3
L: 2 x herby chicken breast
D: 2 x herby chicken breast
S: HM FF yogurt
W: loads of liquids
E: 30mins walking up & down hill

Last edited:
Cruise Day 5 PV
B: Herby Chicken Breast x 2, left over cauliflower and herby chicken
L: Shirataki noodles with tinned toms and herbs
D: Galette with salad and spicy chicken
S: SF Jelly with HM FF yogurt
W: not enough
E: 1.1hrs in gym - 30mins of that walk/jogg combo, the rest of time weight work

Well done monty xxx

Cruise Day 6 PP
B: slice roast beef, galette and dry fried egg
L: beef soup, boiled egg
D: Herby chicken
S: miso soup, slice roast chicken with chivey soft cheese
W: maybe just enough liquids today
E: 40mins walking up & down hills (in the blazing heat as it is every day)

Cruise Day 7 PV
B: galette with roast chicken and chivey soft cheese
L: same as breakfast
D: here where I went very wrong - chinese (rice and sweet and sour pork)!
S: again I went very wrong - hot dog, ice cream, can a coke
W: just enough
E: NONE

Very annoyed at myself, I had a big'ish blowout on cruise day 7.

I am carrying on today as if nothing happened yesterday though and I AM GONNA LOSE THE WEIGHT
(sorry about the caps but I do need to shout it at myself now and again!)

Cruise Day 8 PP
B: galette x 3 and 1dry fried egg
L: 3 x thin beef steak
D: 2 x herby chicken breast, 2 x herby chicken thighs
S: none
W: enough
E: 1hr 10mins at gym - 30mins walk/run/jogg combo, the rest on weight machines and free weights

Cruise Day 9 PV
B: none
L: chicken ceasar salad
D: beef tenderloin and salad
S: galette with light philly
W: not enough
E: 30mins walk/jogg combo up and down hill

Cruise Day 10 PP
B: 2 x herby chicken breast
L: 2 x galettes, 2 x thin beef steak
D: dry fried minced beef with small amount of tomato paste, miso soup with shirataki noodles (really nice all added together in a bowl)
S: mashed egg with dukan mayo and meat pate 1g carbs
W: just enough
E: 1hr 10mins at gym - 30mins walking, rest of time on weight machines and free weights

Last edited:
OK I do not know what is happening but I have put on again.

Weight this morning 89.7kgs, what have I done wrong?

I think I'm gonna go back to Atkins.

Ah monty... if you read back on your menus, you'll see what you "did wrong". This diet is unforgiving and you come out of ketosis each time you have a lapse (as indeed you would on Atkins).

You've had a couple of good days, so hang in there and you will lose the weight again.

(Caesar salad? with parmesan? Try making your own meat pate perhaps. Little things but Dukan involves fat content too and not just carb.
I was also a little curious about your "3 galettes"... then "2 galettes". Does each day represent a day's worth of oatbran only? ie the day you had 3, they were smaller?!)

Love the sound of your noodle dish!

Good luck!

come to think of it, yes maintainer, you are right, as per usual, my lapse on the Sunday is the cause...
how long have you been doing this diet?

I didn't think the lapse would cause that much of a gain though, kinda teaches you a lesson huh?
I wonder what would happen if you took a whole week off of this diet and ate 'normally'?

I first did the diet in 2007, weighing far less than I do now... (but that's my fault, not the diet's!).

What happens when we eat "normally" for a week? I don't think I know what eating normally is! If I pig out for a week, I gain a stone usually!

Cruise Day 11 PV
B: 3 x galettes, 2 dry fried eggs
L: left over bolognaise with salad
D: cauliflower, pork tenderloin, green beans, asparagus
S: salas
W: enough
E: 30mins walk up & down hill

Cruise Day 12 PP
B: 2 x hard boiled eggs, 30g light philly
L: 2 x thin beef steaks
D: thai chicken cakes, soft cheese with chives
S: 1 giant galette
W: 3+ litres
E: 1.25hrs at gym - 16mins walk/run combo, 14mins elliptical trainer, rest of time spent doing free weights and weight machines

Back