walking

Grand ta. Ended up going a bit off the beaten track but got the miles in. Might try a new route tomorrow though. How are you doing?

Good stuff, how many miles did you do?

On Sunday night i walked 8.5miles in 1hour 50mins
Monday 3.5miles
Tuesday 3miles

Wii fit today, 3854 steps in 30mins 214 calories burned

Getting there slowly, healthy eating, portion size and plenty exercise!!

That 8.5 miles is fantastic. You must have really cracked on with that!

Yeah, just put the ipod on and go for it!
first few miles my ankles were sore......after that the pain went

Probably due to the fact i'm not used to it and the weight i'm carrying:sigh:

Oh girls, congrats for your great walks;)

I'm also a walker:p Walk almost everyday for at least for 30-45 min.

Let's keep walking;)

x

I'm starting a daily walk this week.
I can't use my gym at the mo due to an injury but I can walk so I will:)
I am planning to do an hour a day in the park

one hour a day is great ;)

Ive started walking daily and have also signed up to walk the race for life in June (not something I would normally do) this should keep me walking and hopefully motivated and that in turn should help the weight loss :)

Ive started walking daily and have also signed up to walk the race for life in June (not something I would normally do) this should keep me walking and hopefully motivated and that in turn should help the weight loss :)

It'll help for sure! good job ;)

I agree with all the previous posts on this thread, I hate paying through the nose to a gym and then never going! Walking is free, it's great and I couldn't live without my half/hour forty minutes me time. It's lovely. Plus the hot shower after ain't half bad either lol x

I walk about 45 mins a day, half of it is uphill. I'm not a fast walker but walking uphill really gets my heart racing. It's great for toning my legs&bum and I save money on bus fares - double bonus! :)

i walked a bit further than I have been doing all week yesterday and I really know ive done it today but hey onwards and upwards!!! - or should that be downwards lol

Ive always struggled to find the time to go for long walks but Ive heard that a decent walk burns more calories than an intensive session. Dont know how true that is though??
I will have to find time and maybe do a few mile a week.

Power walks are very effective. The key is to walk fast for at least 20-30 min.

I power walk on high incline at the gym 5 times a week. When I don't I feel totally lethargic and untoned It's fab ... Walking is a great all rounder :) x

Back