Wannabslim's Diary - decided not to go to WI

How do you point a buffet? I had a couple of pieces of sushi, a couple of these very small spring roll type things, a piece of chicken, a couple of mini crab cakes, a battered prawn and a couple of these weird little things which were very small but had kinda wonton-type pastry cases (about the size of a large marble plus the pastry).

Have no idea how to point it!! Any tips =?? x

In the eating out guide under party food it says:

Chicken Wing 1
Chicken Drumstick 1.5
Samosa (is that similar to a spring roll?) 1.5
Vol au vents 1.5

Actually if you point 1.5 for each thing with the pastry you'll probably cover it

Sushi is 2 for 4 pieces...

Don't know if that helps any
xxx

About 15 points for the lot?

Ok thanks guys! No Marie, I had no idea how many points was in anything. It was all stuff I have never had on WW before, and as its the first time for me on WW I really had no idea!!

x

Ahh well I did it for a couple of weeks by myself (didnt go to meetings etc) and quit cos I didn't lose anything (by my scales, altho i now realise these are rubbish and ought to be chucked away!). So this is the first time I have done it properly....

... but obviously during those 2 weeks I didnt have a buffet to contend with so have no idea how to point it. I looked at each item I ate and worked it out at 10.5 points (which meant I was under my days allowance by 2 points yayyyyyayy!)

xxx

Hi everyone!

Well another weekend is upon us... I can't believe how quickly the time has gone. Feels like only this morning I was trying on my dress but its been a whole week already!! The wedding will be here before we know it!! Madness!

Dietwise I have been ok today, made myself 2 rounds of sarnies for lunch as I have been snacking more than normal of late, and found that when I had extra sarnies this cut my snacking. And it worked. Ok, so I had some monster munch this morning at about 11, then lunch at about 1.30 (sarnies plus some chipsticks). Haven't really felt hungry until about 10 mins ago so although I havent had any fresh stuff today, at least I have cut down on the snacking... it's really funny how my snacking is worse on days when I eat brekkie too!! Almost makes me not want to eat breakfast, which surely isn't a good thing.

So, I have 10.5 points left for this evening, and I think I am going to have a Chinese. Mike has abandoned me once again for the weekend (he has to work) so I intend to have a nice cosy night in tonight with yummy Chinese and good telly! Fabulous and just what I need after a long, tiring week.

Time to catch up with some threads on Minis too :D good stuff!

xxx

Heya! Change of plan, am feeling too lazy to go out so am going to use up some food from the fridge... points'll probably go further that way anyhow :D xx

aww :( we live just outside a wee town and have at least 5takeaways in it including a very good chinese they make the nicest chicken curry ever!!!

Morning everyone!

I managed to stick to my points EXACTLY yesterday, no going under or over or using saved points, just bang on 21. :)

I woke up this morning feeling slimmer than yesterday, and out of interest decided to measure and weigh myself. Interestingly my scales (having got on them 4 times to check it was right) say I have lost 1lb since Tuesday, so it would be great to see that I've lost 1 lb on Monday (maybe even 1.5?!). But the main thing I wanted to report was my loss of inches....

Permit me to show you a diary entry from 1st July this year (over on Gold Members section)....

"Bust: 34.5 (was 36 :D thats an inch an a half gone!)
Waist: 34
Hips (including mahooosive spare tyre at biggest part): 43 :( :(
Top of arm at widest point: 14.5
2/3 way up thigh at widest point: 23"

now, these measurements were taken when I was 13st, and since then I have lost at least 5lbs, if not more by now. I am pleased to be able to give you my current measurements:

Bust: 33.5
Waist: 33.5
Hips: 41.5
Top of arm: 14
Thighs: 22

So in addition to 5lbs lost, I have also lost 4.5ins :D :D.

I must say that since 1st July I lost 10lbs, and went on to gain most of that again over my 1 week on holiday, despite the fact that I hardly ate anything (CD, yo-yoing is why I moved to WW)!! However, when I started WW I was 12.12, so to have lost 'officially' 3lbs but to have dropped 4.5 inches is a really good motivator for me... altho the losses may be slower, the inch loss is still going well!!

Happy days. Just thought this might encourage people for whom the losses on WW of late may not have been massive!!

xxx

Thanks for sharing this! Well done you! You are doing brilliantly :)

I have been taking measurements too as it's not all about weight loss. I will post about mine on Monday in my thread but like you I have lost a fair few inches. The biggest 3 inches from my waist. WW does work.

Well done on the 1lb....I am too scared to step on the scales lol...until Monday...

Thanks hun, I'm hoping as I lose more I will lose more inches proportionately, having only lost 3lbs on WW in 2 weeks so far I've got a long way to go!

Just discovered the BEST ever snack recipe on e-source!!! Love that thing! Thought I would share it with you all as its yummy, quick and filling, and only 2.5pts!!!

Its a jacket potato with mushroom filling. 1 serving is:

175g potato
150g mushrooms
25g low fat soft cheese
0.5tsp worcester sauce
pepper to taste

You cook the potato in the microwave/oven as you would normally do. Mix the mushrooms (cooked- did mine in frylight) with the soft cheese, worcester sauce and pepper. The soft cheese should melt to give the mixture a liquid element. Then simply cut open the potato and put the mixture in. Eat. Feel good. Yummmmm.

I must add I used extra worcester sauce to give it some zing. And I feel thoroughly filled up now!! To think, for the same amount of points I could have a rocky bar but still feel famished after! A great snack if you're at home and can spare a couple of minutes to prepare a decent snack! :D

xx

I want to take measurements but I'm not sure where the right bit to measure is. Bust is the fullest part of your bust right? Waist the smallest part of your waist. What about hips though? I go in at the waist, then out again, then in and out again! Do I just measure where my hipbones are? Or the widest part of me?

hey hun, the bust is the bit just below your boobs :) i.e. the measurement you would take to find out the number part of your bra size. Waist yep, smallest part where you go in. Hips, well I measure around the middle of my actual hips which is the biggest bit of me and includes my bum. I guess the main thing is hun that you always measure in the same place so you know where the inches are coming off!

xx

Thats the one i used (all they had left at the shop) and it was goooood :)

Decided to have a chinese, skipping the carby option as I never really eat much if I have noodles/rice anyway. So I had chicken with mushrooms (3pts) and a bag of prawn crackers (5pts). Love dunking the prawn crackers in the saucey stuff... sooo tasty!

So that was only 8pts, delicious, and I'm stuffed!! Still have 5 left to use out of my allowance today... and now that my savoury craving has been satisfied, I think I'm gonna use them for my sweet fix!

:D yummy! xxx

Oh, I have been measuring my bobs at the fullest part. Maybe that's not such a good thing as I am breastfeeding and my boobs vary in size. Maybe I should change it from Monday (or do both).

Back