Wannabslim's Diary - decided not to go to WI

PS my column got printed in the paper yesterday- first ever one (its a fortnightly thing now) AND today two of my press releases got BIG features (a rare occurrence!). I finally feel like I am doing the job I was made to do and am achieving what I knew I was always capable of! That's not meant to sound big-headed, it's just I always have tried my hardest and felt like I was never getting anywhere. But someone has given me a chance and I am LOVING it, every second of it!!!

hey nikki, just catching up. sounds like your doing great on WW so what your having a bit of junk your still sticking with your points and that so i woudnt worry about it to much. Hope you and the chief bridemaid have a great day looking at dresses you will end up trying on lots prop ive tried on a few and omg i could have cried state of me def need to lose more weight before i pick one!!!

becky xxx

PS my column got printed in the paper yesterday- first ever one (its a fortnightly thing now) AND today two of my press releases got BIG features (a rare occurrence!). I finally feel like I am doing the job I was made to do and am achieving what I knew I was always capable of! That's not meant to sound big-headed, it's just I always have tried my hardest and felt like I was never getting anywhere. But someone has given me a chance and I am LOVING it, every second of it!!!

that is great news, things are finally falling into place for you hun delighted for u&mike :hug99: xx

Thats brilliant... well done you, that must be such a buzz!

Good luck with the wedding dress shopping too :)

Awww Becky I'm sure you are not a state!!! I have at least another stone and a half to lose, is that too much if i want to alter a dress (do you think i should wait til i get the weight off or buy one if i find the perfect one?)??

Starlight, yep it was soooo exciting! Never been published before, but everyone else at my new work gets coverage in the press most days and have done for years, so its nothing new to them. But for me it was a first so gave me a real buzz! Was tempted to buy the paper so that I could have a record of it but decided that was just a tad pathetic lol!!

Well, washing up is done, last load of washing (including bed sheets)in the machine. Next on list to do is spare room, followed by bathrooms and finally our bedroom. Will do the spare room now then pop back and catch up on the other threads on here!!

xxx

I was told they could alter my dress by 2 sizes either way. It's still worth going & trying some on just ask how much it can be altered before you order one & if there will be additional charges for doing so. More importantly...go & have fun wedding dress shopping!!! :D

Well, the expedition was a success. I found the dress!!! (please see my Brides 2 Be diary entry for the goss).

I have had a fab couple of days over the weekend with my chief bridesmaid, who did an excellent job of keeping me distracted while Mike was away! It started yesterday morning with the dress shopping, and then we went into town to look for ideas for her bridesmaids dress. Had lunch while we were out, and as I didn't have my points calculator I opted for a Shapers from Boots lunch (she was happy with that as is weight conscious too), and had a crayfish and rocket salad, along with a bottle of cloudy lemonade and a packet of prawn twirls. Total points: 2. Couldn't believe how low it was when I checked at home, it was really good news and showed me that I'm learning!!

Especially good because we were going out for dinner and needed as many points as possible!! For dinner I opted for grilled salmon in a plum tomato sauce drizzled with green pesto sauce (which came in a jug so I could put as much/little as I wanted on, and so I only had a little of this for flavour), on a base of roasted vegetables (aubergine, courgette and carrot), served with a (very) small portion of chips. This was the healthiest and also probably the yummiest thing on the menu, and I allowed myself the chips as I had enough points. I also allowed myself a dessert :D sticky toffee pudding. Ok, so it was a lot of points, but I had saved a few during the week and my main and rest of the day's food had not equated to that many points so it was still within my means!

I didn't drink any alcohol so that freed up points too, and filled me up for the rest of the evening, so there was no snacking all day. Then today we went for lunch. I was so tempted to be naughty (potato skins followed by smothered chicken) but in the end couldn't do it to myself, the guilt would not have been worth it, so went for my original plan of a Sunday roast (beef). It was delicious and only about 8 points by my reckoning, so I was very pleased with myself on that one! Am planning to try and get to the aquafit class tonight, even though I will have to pay extra for it as my gym membership isn't reinstated until Wednesday, I just feel the need to start toning up!!

Feel beautifully relaxed, well fed, and content! It really was just what I needed this weekend, and it wouldn't have been possible without Weight Watchers!! :D :D :D

xxx

hey hun, sounds as if you had a great weekend. well done for not going mad see if that was me and i had a friend staying i would have used it as an excuse to eat more!! im of now to your other thread to find info on the dress hope theres a pic!!

Lol thanks hun, I guess I'm just determined that I want to get to goal and see this as a life choice rather than a diet lol. I ate a lot still though, I couldn't have eaten any more if I tried really!!

So, tonight is WI night, and I'm a bit apprehensive as I don't feel in myself like I've lost anything this week. So even half a lb would be fab, especially with the eating out I've done the past 7 days.

I went to aquafit last night in the end (had to pay to go but it was worth it) and feel nicely exercised today, my muscles don't ache but I can feel them! Have been good today, having had a crayfish with rocket salad for 1 point, with packet of shapers salt and vinegar twirls (also 1 point) for lunch, followed by a mars snacktime (not so good) which I ate in 3 goes during the course of the day, 1 bite each time lol! Had a packet of french fries (1pt) this afternoon as I was rather peckish.

Lunch didn't really fill me up, think I could have done with more, but I guess it's good to be hungry sometimes! Am going to eat dinner after WI, going out with Mikey (now he's back) to the pub. Think I'm going to go for something like a lasagne as I have loads of points left and really feel like something hot and filling. Yummy :) might need a snack first though as I feel famished!

Anyhoo, will update you on my loss (or lack thereof) later on, along with what I had for dinner!

Wish me luck! xxx

In the words of Victor Meldrew: " I don't belieeeeve it!". Only gone and lost a lb!!

"Only a lb?" you might say, "that's rubbish." Well, let me tell you, having felt like I had not lost anything this week, or, if anything maybe gained half a lb, I am VERY VERY VERRRRRRRRRY pleased with my half a lb (thankyou very much!! hehehe!!)

So thats a lb closer to my Christmas challenge being accomplished, a lb closer to my 10% goal (which is now only 1st 1lb away yayyyayy) and a lb closer to slimdom.

I am very pleased and am now going to enjoy my dinner!!

Whoopdedooop! :D
xxx

Well done - that is great! That is exacty how I felt about my lb this week...a lb is a lb is a lb :). Enjoy that dinner girl....you deserve it!

Mmmmm pizza and waffles!! Yummy!! AND I have managed to save 3.5 (4.5 if you include the activity point I earned today but I choose not to use those where I can help it) to go towards a treat on friday night! :D

I LOVE WEIGHT WATCHERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS!!!

Well done on your lb too Lea hun! :D we are sooo good! x

Thanks :) I love WW too. I had a chinese on saturday lol. Let's hope this week goes well for us too. (plus i have a bar of dairy milk in my bag for tomorrow...gotta reach my 32 points somehow ;-))

Back