Want me for my body, not my mind? Yippeee!! lol!

Helloo ladies.
So far so good today. OH got home tonight after 2 days away and says I'm looking slimmer. He however has indulged in the culinary delights of the hotel he stayed in. He said he couldn't resist it. It's just me now, and I've got TF&G and Wifey to get me through.
Tomorrow I'm working and I'm prepared to deal with my desire to eat on getting home by having a shake and loads of water when I leave work. That way I won't feel hungry. Incase I do still feel hungry, I've got some prawns that I'll have with a salad.
I've also decided to forget about seeing the 12's on Monday, I don't want to be disappointed incase it doesn't happen, and therefore get disheartened and that will be the beginning of the end. I'm gonna stick to the goals I've outlined in my signature and anything else will be a bonus.... or maybe I won't. haha. I'm VERY indecisive in case you hadn't noticed.
Bedtime now. Night night xx

Hi Ladies! Well done on doing so well Cee, I find the time when I get home from work the hardest too especially if I have to call at the shop for water too - savage amusement or what!

I'm currently raking water retention tablets for all in worth my tummy is like a poisoned pup! I hate TOTM with a passion! Hopefully it will be better tomorrow

Xxxxx

Hey hey hey! 11lbs on first weigh in?!?!?! WELL DONE Cee! I am so pleased for you. I concur on the getting home from work thing. Have you tried putting the kettle on and making a hot drink as soon as you get in? That's what I do and by the time the kettle has boiled the urge to open the fridge has disappeared. I think it's about breaking habits. Like you said, you normally come home and snack whilst waiting for your dinner to heat - it's a routine/habit. The hardest thing to do is break a habit and most people do it by replacing it with a new habit. Anyways - just my wee thoughts. My CDC says if I feel hungry I can have an extra packet, which is what I did on Monday and Tuesday - would that help?

Regardless - you are doing well and I'm pleased to be hear to share in your success xx

1 lb on this morning. TOTM approaching. I'm so water retentive! Just gotta try to be really good all week so if I STS I can hope for a bigger loss week after. It still got me down though! Gosh! The effect those little numbers can have on my mood, it's incredible!

MsV said:
Hey hey hey! 11lbs on first weigh in?!?!?! WELL DONE Cee! I am so pleased for you. I concur on the getting home from work thing. Have you tried putting the kettle on and making a hot drink as soon as you get in? That's what I do and by the time the kettle has boiled the urge to open the fridge has disappeared. I think it's about breaking habits. Like you said, you normally come home and snack whilst waiting for your dinner to heat - it's a routine/habit. The hardest thing to do is break a habit and most people do it by replacing it with a new habit. Anyways - just my wee thoughts. My CDC says if I feel hungry I can have an extra packet, which is what I did on Monday and Tuesday - would that help?

Regardless - you are doing well and I'm pleased to be hear to share in your success xx

Thanks MsV, I do need to change the habit. I'll try the tea thing. Love my mint tea so that should work. How're you getting on? It's harder redrafting isn't it?

Good attitude to have Cee. Power through and big losses await the following week.

Yes so much harder and I really want to give it a miss, but I won't put myself through this again, so just got to get through it. Day 4 hangover today and feeling like I could crawl under my desk and go to sleep!

You go girl! Get that tea brewing!

How was coming home Cee?

Hi, coming home wasn't too bad thanks. I remembered to do the tea. I put on the kettle and then the kids distracted me and before the kettle boiled I had eaten a handful of peanuts! I had my tea and felt fine. I quite like this new habit, thanks for suggesting it MsV. Next time I'll just leave the kitchen as soon as the kettle is switched on, and no peanuts in the house!!!!! I love KP peanuts! At least it wasn't 3/4 of a large box of Ritz crackers like the other day! I'm not working again till Tuesday so I should be fine. But like TF&G just said, the temptation....ARGH!!! OH had some Mexican rice and it's my favourite...I had to have a little spoonful! Oh well!

I remember yesterday, despite all the water I was drinking, my pee was quite dark. That makes me think I'm really retaining water.
Anyway, I'll try harder tomorrow.

Cee I think your pee would only be dark from not drinking enough rather than retention but I am not entirely sure, I know you think you drank enough but maybe you hadn't the day before? I am not sure..

Must get up and do my exercises! Let me know how you get on !

You might be right. I did drink a lot the day before and the pee was very pale which is why I was surprised by the dark pee the next day. I think I hadn't had enough the next day. I struggle to make 3l a day. I'll try to drink more.
I'm down 1 lb this am. 13st 4. I'm gonna do everything I can to make it to 13st 2 and get my 1st award. A bottle of Hypnotic Poison! Or was it Coco Chanel. Gotta try them both again. Hehe. I'm thinking I'll buy a pair of goal jeans in a size 12 and hang it up in my room for more motivation.
Well, I am very irritable today, the kids are driving me up the wall and I just want to be on my own. The house needs cleaning and I can't be bothered. Premenstrual or what? The kids have been upsetting me quite a lot. Little things, mainly due to spoilt behaviour. I don't think I spoil them. I know I don't. My mum used to have them while I worked, until Feb this year. She spoiled them. OH spoiled them. Now I'm having to deal with all the spoiling. Example! We go swimming and the 4 yr old cries 6-7 different times. Once because we didn't bring the arm float bands, once because she saw her friend in the pool who happened to be able to kinda swim and my daughter can't. Once because said friend left. Once because a float that was loaned to her by some people had to be taken as they were leaving.... Aaaaaahhh.... It was so tiring. Every 5 flipping minutes!! OK, as a general rule, my kids take up to 2 hours to eat a meal! On a good day, an hour! Then, as part of the spooky behaviour they want me to feed them. They sit and stare at the food or play all sorts of silly games instead of eating!! Getting up from the table several times. Often spilling all their food on the floor! The other say the 3 yr old decides she can't take a pee on her own and does it on the floor. A couple of days later she poo's on the carpet because she apparently didn't get to the loo on time!! Then it's all the crying. From both of them. Over EVERYTHING!!! every 30 minutes during the day, there'll be tears.
Sorry for going on and on. Just needed to get it out. I'm trying to turn the

trying to turn things around. I know they might be crying out for attention too but even whilst I'm giving the attention it's the spoilt behaviour. Its so distressing that I Feel like going to full time work! Sigh!!
Anyway, back to CD! just had a mint tea and gonna hold off having a shake as long as I can. Tomorrow is our first family Saturday in a while as I usually work on Saturdays. Going to Cribbs to return some shoes I bought impulsively yesterday and have Nandos for lunch. I'll be sticking to my chicken and salad like I did last week. I hope I at least lose 2 lbs this week.
Still yet to get my hair done.
Hope you all woke up happier than I did this morning.
Here we go, 4 ye old crying now because she wants the 3 yr old to get off my lap for her!! Sigh!!

Cee! I know exactly what you mean with the crying kids. My daughter is 5 now - when she was 3 we had a nightmare with the going to the loo. Tears all the time. 4 wasn't such a bad time, but now she is 5 it seems to be tears all the time again - every time she doesn't get her own way, and I know for sure I don't spoil her.

And my toddler is just 20 months and has gone from the most happy, carefree smiley little boy to a right whinger if he doesn't get what he wants. He doesn't really speak yet but the noise he can make with a moan! Goodness me you would think I had stamped on his favourite teddy. Luckily he is still easily distracted, but sometimes I do just leave them to the moaning.

Actually I find that really funny - if he is having a good whinge, and I leave the room, he stops to follow me, makes sure he has regained viewing position, then lies down to start again - lol. I remember my daughter doing the same. It is pure manipulation 2 year old style!

Be strong! You are about the same weight and have the same goals as me! We can do this - I will be 3 stone lighter by xmas!

egbert said:
Cee! I know exactly what you mean with the crying kids. My daughter is 5 now - when she was 3 we had a nightmare with the going to the loo. Tears all the time. 4 wasn't such a bad time, but now she is 5 it seems to be tears all the time again - every time she doesn't get her own way, and I know for sure I don't spoil her.

And my toddler is just 20 months and has gone from the most happy, carefree smiley little boy to a right whinger if he doesn't get what he wants. He doesn't really speak yet but the noise he can make with a moan! Goodness me you would think I had stamped on his favourite teddy. Luckily he is still easily distracted, but sometimes I do just leave them to the moaning.

Actually I find that really funny - if he is having a good whinge, and I leave the room, he stops to follow me, makes sure he has regained viewing position, then lies down to start again - lol. I remember my daughter doing the same. It is pure manipulation 2 year old style!

Be strong! You are about the same weight and have the same goals as me! We can do this - I will be 3 stone lighter by xmas!

Egbert, how do you remain sane? Lol! I have very little patience so it's hard work.
Did you start the Wii Zumba? Any good?
We can do this, all of us. Lose this weight AND keep it off! Its not easy but I'm really glad to have the support of everyone here.
xx

Ok ladies, I am no expert apart from having two of my own who are now teens so I have been through all this! So feel free to ignore or laugh but this might help:

All this behaviour is attention seeking, toddlers don't mind what sort of attention they get, good ie praise or bad ie being told off, all they care about is getting your attention, so you have to reward the good and ignore the bad regardless of how much you want to scream. Tantrum coming, anticipate and distract, such as "oh look at that out the the window" and it will stop them in their tracks.. Reward charts do work at this age get them working with you not against you, and so does a naughty chair if needed.

Food can become a battle if they twig on to it getting to you! Try and avoid snacks so they are hungry and if it goes on for too long, take it away pretend you don't care, but once they leave the table meal time is over! Cee you must stop feeding them, they are no longer babies. Make sure you are not doing something else when they are eating, sit with them talk about what you are doing later, after the meal whatever, again the throwing food on the floor is attention seeking!

I was widowed when my two were very young and i had to run a tight ship as it was all up to me! It is hard work and you have to be more determined than they are! But it pays off

Hope it helps and I don't sound too bossy! Xx

All good advice. I have the naughty step in use - although to be fair my 5 year old rarely needs it now, unless she kicks her brother. And I allow her to try food and decide whether she likes it or not, but if she just refuses all her dinner, then she gets to go to bed hungry and have her dinner for breakfast. Believe me, you only have to do that once or twice.

My toddler does throw all his food he doesnt want on the floor - but he is consistent in throwing away things like nuggets and only eating veg - strange child but I dont mind that! And they do grow out of it. I try to catch it in time - if I hold out my hand he does give it to me instead. I am also quite happy to let them scream it out - toddlers especially start a tantrum, then lose control and scare themselves so I will let him get past the anger, then give him a cuddle.

I do remember a few times with my daughter - once in Argos where she lay on the floor screaming, and I just sat on the catalogues and watched her while people walked past and stared. Parents smile at you because they have been there, everyone else tuts! And in the supermarket she always wanted to get out of the trolley but then ran off. So I told her she could walk but if she ran off it was straight back in the trolley. Off she went - I caught her and had to get her back in the trolley seat while she fought me the whole time. But I did it - and she didnt run off again.

Definitely useful advice, some of which I've been practicing, some I have lapsed on. I'm taking back control bit by bit. It's also good to hear from others going through the same stresses. Thanks.
How's it gone today for everyone CD wise? Let's just say today wasn't my best. I'll leave it at that. What a rubbish week I've had. Not even sure when the rubbishness (a real word I'm sure) began, I think it was when I saw a 1lb gain yesterday, not sure but I just seemed to lose it today. I'm hoping it's PMS. At least that way it would be the hormones fault, not mine. Maybe I should stay away from the scales because I really get affected by it, it can ruin my whole day!
Needless to say I'm not looking forward to WI on Mon, I'd be glad if I just STS. Then I could keep moving on. So I need to lose 4lbs in 6 days to meet my goal. Haha!
How do you guys overcome the temptation at the weekend, with the family eating all sorts around you? Last week I got through it by making sure I had some of my fav low carb meals so I didn't feel deprived as I watched them eat whatever. I hope I can get my act back together tomorrow morning and continue with this!:sigh:

No, mistake I need to lose 2lbs in 6 days to meet my goal. Totally doable! Must give it my best shot now!

You can do it - don't beat yourself up about a few slips, just get back on the wagon. Tomorrow is a better day!
The easiest thing to do is to lapse, and then use that as an excuse not to re-start. Well it is for me. I had a day off today - planned but not worth the bother - and will be back on track tomorrow. I just hope today hasn't messed up my losses too much.
I actually don't find it too hard at weekends - I tend to get the food ready for the family and then go do something else while they eat. I realise this isn't great for family time, but I spend the whole weekend with them, my toddler doesnt care if I am there to throw food at or not and my daughter and I do other things together. So a meal on their own wont hurt.

Back