Water Consumption! Please Read!!!

I think it's week three if you are on Ss.

have you tried sparkling water? You are allowed black coffee, herbal teas and tea without milk....it all counts towards the daily 4 pints of water...

I think it's week three if you are on Ss.

have you tried sparkling water? You are allowed black coffee, herbal teas and tea without milk....it all counts towards the daily 4 pints of water...

:confused: She was asking about the sparkling water and you can have it from day one?

Thanks froggylegs. I drink about 2l a day of fizzy. Gets me through! I even, in desperation, drank hot water with pepper in it. I wouldn't recommend it lol

Just to say I did cambs in 2008 and lost 7 stone on it in as many months - Drink enough water is VITAL to keeping your weight loss moving but also your mental and general Heath up!! Please ensure you drink enough, a few times I struggled with it and felt awful, weak, irritable etc I would recommend drinking it through the day ideally 6 500ml bottles etc don't down litres at a time as this can actually cause a negative affect on your weight loss and make you feel bloated and awful!

:)

Also you MUST follow the refeed once at your target to the letter, if you don't you will put the weight back on - I did and then some and am now going down a different route (Atkins)

Lastly I messed myself up going into and out of ketosis by breaking the diet every month or so unable to stick to it the second time round, my energy was awful and I had real issues getting into ketosis properly and my body just wouldn't loose weight. It's a all or nothing kinda diet in my opinion and you can add a small meal in the evening if you struggle not eating but it DOES work!! .. keep strong. :)

So important to remember the water, no matter what plan we are on, and yet I frequently let it slide.
Was thinking of making ice lollies with the CD water flavourings, for one thing to get more water but also to combat that ketosis chalky mouth feeling.

Going to make some right now--they would also take a while to eat-- good while fidgeting on the computer at night. Will start with orange

Just to say I did cambs in 2008 and lost 7 stone on it in as many months - Drink enough water is VITAL to keeping your weight loss moving but also your mental and general Heath up!! Please ensure you drink enough, a few times I struggled with it and felt awful, weak, irritable etc I would recommend drinking it through the day ideally 6 500ml bottles etc don't down litres at a time as this can actually cause a negative affect on your weight loss and make you feel bloated and awful! :) Also you MUST follow the refeed once at your target to the letter, if you don't you will put the weight back on - I did and then some and am now going down a different route (Atkins) Lastly I messed myself up going into and out of ketosis by breaking the diet every month or so unable to stick to it the second time round, my energy was awful and I had real issues getting into ketosis properly and my body just wouldn't loose weight. It's a all or nothing kinda diet in my opinion and you can add a small meal in the evening if you struggle not eating but it DOES work!! .. keep strong. :)

Great advice. Thank you. Best of luck on your weight loss journey x

Hi All,

Finding thse threads really helpful. I am now on day 7 and finding things a lot easier, got to wait for my weigh-in as my CDC is on holiday so hoping after 11 days to have a super duper weigh in.

I have struggled with the water consumption, but the past few days I have been making Iced Tea and I can drink litres of it. I like iced green tea and its simple to make. I just get a litre of boiled water and add 4 tea bags and let the stew for 30 minutes. Then let this cool natura;y and place in fridge. It need to be watered down for drinking. I add it to a glass of ice and top with sparkling water, its refreshing and a nicer way to drink your fluids!

Good luck everyone

Sounds good! I find that buying a big bottle that can carry 1-2 litres is good to keep on my desk because it means having to remember to fill it less! I tend to just down a litre every 2 hours!

I'm still a bit confused? I didn't drink as much water as I should before cambridge, but now I'm trying to drink 3-4litres and, toilet trips aside, I'm not having an issue yet. Not been weighed yet as part way through week one.

Can anyone tell me if I aimed to drink 5-6 litres if it would improve my weight loss further? Or is this dangerous?

I asked my CDC to send the following question to Cambridge on my behalf. Underneath is their reply.

Question:- "I am aware CD recommend a minimum of 4 pints of water per day. I see on various forums many CDCs advocating 4 - 6 litres or more per day. Do Cambridge endorse this? As CDCs are actively suggesting this quantity, saying "The more you drink the more you shrink" is there any scientific proof that this is beneficial?"

Reply:-
"As far as the water is concerned, we have no connection with that
phrase, as I am sure you are aware, the forum chat is not endorsed by
the company.
We recommend a minimum of two and a half litres daily, when using any
programme, particularly sole source.
However, once established on the diet, it is perfectly acceptable to
consume three to four litres daily.
Some people, particularly those who were drinking large amounts before
dieting, can drink more than that without any problems.
Everyone's requirement is different.
The thing to remember is to drink the water regularly throughout the
day.
It is not a good idea to go for long periods of the day without
drinking, and then consume large amounts"

[
QUOTE=cwp2014;7232994]I'm still a bit confused? I didn't drink as much water as I should before cambridge, but now I'm trying to drink 3-4litres and, toilet trips aside, I'm not having an issue yet. Not been weighed yet as part way through week one.

Can anyone tell me if I aimed to drink 5-6 litres if it would improve my weight loss further? Or is this dangerous?[/QUOTE]

The above in bold is the advice from Cambridge head office...

It is a myth that drinking in access of the recommended water intake will speed up weight loss.

Thank you for spelling it out for me!! Oooops I don't think I went back enough to see that original posting! X

a useful tip

I hate water, bleurgh! hardest part of this diet for me :(

my goal plan
week1-week2 17lb
week3-week4 11lb
week5-week6 8lb
week7-week8 6lb
week9-week10 8lb
week11-week12 6lb

not realistic but DETERMINED

Back