Water Consumption! Please Read!!!

Hey I drink around 5-6 litres a day I feel it make my headache and hunger go Away am on Cambridge diet day 2 soo .

My CDC said that she doesn't mind when I take the flavourings as long as it gets water down me. I love juice and fizzy drinks I'm only on my first day but I'm managing my water so going to keep going until I crack and use the flavourings!

I never used to drink a lot ..especially water but since doing cambridge for the first time round, wether im onit or not i now drink lotsof water, i have a 2ltr empty coke bottle and fill that up first thing every morning, as soon as ive finished that, fill it straight back up, i get through 4-5litres a day x theres an app for iphones, i dont have it but ive seen a few people say it helps keep them on track with their water monitoring :)

I'm drinking plenty water, especially with the weather being so nice....I go through about 2 litres of sparkling water on an evening, as well as drinking it through the day. I've cut down massively on tea and coffee now too which can only be a good thing!

I am getting my liquids in via decaf black coffee (around 4x300ml mugs a day) and about 1.5 litres of fizzy water, is that enough? All i drank before starting the CD was masses and masses of strong full caffeine black coffee (very bad, i know) and maybe one glass of water. I am on day 4 SS

The cambridge website say "It is very important to keep hydrated while using Cambridge Weight Plan and this is why we recommend drinking at least 2.25 litres or four pints of fluid per day. This helps to maintain blood volume and to prevent dehydration. You should also remember to spread your fluid intake throughout the day and avoid consuming a large amount at once." So i guess that means all liquid in total, i try to drink around 4litres in water and then my coffee etc is separate..but i guess its whatever works for each individual! Just make sure youre getting the required amount :) xx

I'm in day 5 SS and drinking at least 4L of water a day. I drank a 2 or 3 pints of water at work before this, but hardly anything at home. I'm finding it really easy to drink so much more though. I bought a 1L water bottle that has markings at every 250ml, and I downloaded the iDrated app on my iPhone, then set my minimum daily water intake as 3.5L, which is still well above the 2.25L recommended on the plan. Every time I have 250ml, I add it to the app so I can easily track how much I've had, and it is making me drink more! I never go anywhere without that bottle, then I know I'm giving myself the best shot at losing the weight. The more you drink, the more you flush out the toxins in your body!! Good luck everyone x

For android phones I have "Water Your Body" app which allows you to choose different "glasses" and it also adds your weight to show the minimum liquid you should be drinking per day. it also reminds you every hour to drink!

handy little app!

Ooh thanks Tilly, I'm going to search for that on my phone now!

My consultant said herbal teas are allowed and are counted in the water consumption.

Struggling to drink 2.5ltrs of h20 and its only day one....!!

Yes its absolutely fine, my CDC drinks it all the time. Personally i found it made me feel a bit blown up, i very rarely drink anything fizzy and it just felt weird but loads and loads of people drink it all the time with no problems

Back