Water Flavouring Beyond 6 Weeks?

judders74

Hi all,

Another question...

Does anyone know why water flavouring only has a shelf life of 6 weeks once it has been opened (as per the label)?

I have some and the amount I use of it (approx half a teaspoon every other day) means that by the end of 6 weeks, I still have around half the tub left. As its not cheap, I don't want to buy a new tub if its not absolutely necessary, simply because the 6-week timescale has elapsed.

Bloomin' credit crunch.... ;)

Judders

Sorr, I was not aware of this- I had a couple of flavours on the go for a while and they seemed ok. Can't really see what could go off......

Hmmm, me too. Was wondering what would go "off" too. Maybe the flavour wears off?

Judders

I didn't read the instructions, but have had mine since January! Just started usuing it again, and am here to tell the tale....

I thought it was 6 months ? Maybe I read wrong.. :(

lesley this evening you are a fountain of knowledge!!

i know i havent been on here properly for about 2 weeks now

and now im finding so much info / inspiration and reasons to post!!

im going post crazy here!!! lol

x

Thanks all for your thoughts, and to you Lesly for the definitive answer about the flavouring. Mystery solved. I will live if I use it, but my water might not taste so strong! I must admit, my tub of Berry stuff has begun to taste slightly less Berry-ish and a touch more bleachy.

I think I blame Southern Water for that - mind you, I do filter it.

Cheers,
Justin

Think its the same as the bars you need to be in established ketosis before you can have them,think I read somewhere that they can knock some people out of keto.
xx

Back