We can walk 100 miles

4 miles after work - 11 miles to reach 100 miles. I'm on holiday next Wednesday so have set myself a little mission to do the 100 by then! Watch this space .....

You'll do it no prob ,
Your doing great x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

794 miles cycled. Been going every weekend for 45 -70 milers with the club, some of the rides are soooooo hard!

373 miles walked, jogged and run, -another 6 miles walked, 379 miles total (500 last year)

Well done ladies, only the four of us still here?

Looks like it - would be nice if we could pick up some others though - then I wouldn't be so far behind you all!!!

Angelajane, we started at different times, had different goals and ambitions, this s your journey not a competition. I post my achievements on here as a testament to what I've achieved. I started by walking my dogs, counting the miles I walked to work , walked 2 mins and jogged 2 mins, then increased the jog to how I felt. The one thing I did was do it consistently. Through winter I dressed appropriately. I made a post f doing it by fitting it in with my kids commitments . Dropped them off at swimming and I went walk jogging , took the dog walk jogging and built that up over a couple of months. Do not rush this. Do not make it something that you will excuse yourself from.i

It is hard. The hardest part is getting out of the door and sticking to it. But, that will all depend on how much you want to achieve your goal.

It's your challenge, we are here supporting your progress, no matter how much you can do at the moment. I have carved time out of my commitments to do what I can do, thats based on my time available, my knowledge on how to achieve it and support from my family etc. as long as you have a desire you will chip away at the challenge, did you look at a different pedometer to count the activity you do at work? All the little bits add up.

I keep telling my kids that Dave Brailsfiord ( GB cycling ) says " it's the amalgamation of all the little things". Might not have accurately quoted but it's about right. Do anything that counts towards your goal, keep in plan, stick to syns, add exercise to burn calories, eat leas calories than you burn... It will work.

Xxxx Quins.

Thanks for your kind words.

I am quite happy where I am. I do what I can when I can. I do get frustrated that I can't do a regular pilates or fitness class as I work part time while girls are at school & my husband works long hours so I can't leave kids. I walk kids to school where I can - that's a mile each way. I run 5k once or twice a week & I do tap dancing once a week so I can't complain.
I enjoy reading yours & others achievements - its both interesting & inspiring - so please keep it up!

Hello! Back from holidays now - kids back at school so onwards I go! I didn't manage the 8 miles before I went away but have done 5 miles this week so just 3 to go to 100 miles!
How is everybody else doing?

Ooh can I join in? First target will be to walk/run 100 miles :)
Went on my treadmill this morning but not sure of distance so when I go on it again tomorrow I'll record it and double it.
Going for a walk as soon as my little boy wakes up from his nap x

Back