We have no water! STILL

Sarah-Jayne

Gold Member
Our water has been off since 5pm last night. Not just my flat but the whole block has been out of water!

Isn't it amazing when you think about what you use water for and how much we take it for granted. Didnt realise how much we needed and relied on it until we didnt have it. No cups of tea, no showers, no toilet flushing, no clothes washing.... nothing.

Going to take a trip to Tesco Express downstairs in a bit to get some bottled water.

I would contact me water provider but I dont know who it is. We pay our wate charges as part as our service charge/ground rent etc. Will just have to sit tight I guess.

Makes you reflect on all those people in the UK and around the world who have had no water. Thinking about it I sound really selfish having a rant about no water when there are people out there who havnt had any for weeks.

Rant/reflection over xx

Living here makes one extremely aware of water usage.

We are often without water in the summer. It is the toilet that always gets to me most other things can be solved with bottled water.

Hopefully you will not be with out for long.

hugs xx

We still dont have any water as yet. The toilet needs flushing but we have one of them built in systen things so physically cant full it up to flush it myself as its behind a lot of tiles.

How do you manage most of the summer with no water?!

You don't need to get to the cistern to flush the loo - just pour in a bucket of water. If you need flush anything other than liquids :eek: you might need to pour the water in from slightly higher.

I know this because last year my neighbours were digging the foundations to their extension and cut through the mains - they disappeared to her mum's without telling anyone and left it up to the neighbours to sort out :mad::mad::mad:

We still dont have any water as yet. The toilet needs flushing but we have one of them built in systen things so physically cant full it up to flush it myself as its behind a lot of tiles.

How do you manage most of the summer with no water?!

It isn't most of the summer, just often.

We have a water deposit, like a big well and a pump to pump it up. The pool is a great source too just to fill up a bucket for the loo.

You get very water wary when you live here,

hugs xxx

Oh right I see! Your extra concious during the summer months then.

Im going to have to shower at my friends house tomorrow at this rate.

Still have no water. Came home to a note on the dor from the cleaners saying there would be no water on the top flood (my floor) until the end of the week.

Livid isnt a strong enough word to describe how i'm feeling right now. Im f***ing fuming.

Called them and the woman in the call centre didnt give a danm. She said I would have to get a bucket and fill it with water from the outside tap downstairs in the meantime. That doesnt help me with needing a shower and washing etc. Also didnt help her that it's * week for me and she had all verbal hell broke loose on her!

Sooo angry.

Rant over.

I do hope you're going to be making a deduction from your rent this month, and put in a claim for alternative accomodation while the water is off?
there's no excuse to not have water this long unless it's a major supply problem..
if it's just your building then give the landlord hell and write to te newspaper telling them of his antics..

Unfortunatley I dont rent, I have a mortgage on this flat. The property maintenance company are being really unhelpful and have pretty much told me to hang tight whilst they sort it out. Apparently the broken pump is underground so they have to dig it up to replace it.

They will be getting a strong letter of complaint, money off my quartely water charges (as I pay the maintenance company directly and not anglian water) and an invoice for compensation dont you worry!

What - still off? That's outrageous! How are you supposed to manage???? No wonder you're livid - I'd be fuming too!

give me their number and I'll give them a talking to..
failing that, call them again and say that if it's not back on by morning you will be getting a plumber out on 24hr emergency call and will invoice them for the cost..
you could always threaten legal proceedings..

and what pump? aren't you on mains water then?

I have written a letter of complaint today and have been on the phone threatening compensation.

Something about the water is regulated by an electrical pump which has blown. I have no idea to be honest.

Go to citizens advice and see what they say.

OMG what a shocking saga - thank goodness it's come back on for you. Truly, I don't know how you've coped for this long. Good luck with your compensation claim.

Back