Weatherspoons

will have to have a rethink now...

its just hard to get your head round food that is usually "free"....eg potatoes, steak, etc...is so very high...while i wanna enjoy myself and enjoy some nice food...i dont wanna put on half a stone either...;)

Well according to syns online, vegetarian sausages with chips and beans is only 4 syns- possible? Or a mistake in the system? I'd be interested to know...

My fav Slimming World friendly Wetherspoons meal is the Sweet Chilli Noodles (without chicken). They're filling, really tasty... And best of all, only 1 syn per portion on either Green or EE.

MiniBean said:
My fav Slimming World friendly Wetherspoons meal is the Sweet Chilli Noodles (without chicken). They're filling, really tasty... And best of all, only 1 syn per portion on either Green or EE.

My husband had that today, I had five bean chilli on jacket, no butter and no dressing at 1.5 syns thanks to this thread, otherwise it would have been jacket and beans which I like but gets a bit boring when that's all you know you can safely eat out!

Does anyone know what the syns are for the chilli noodles with chicken?? i love this dish and my boyfriend always wants to eat at wetherspoons so it would be good to know. although without chicken would be fine with it, its just slightly more filling.
Lauren xX

I've heard that weatherspoons inject their jacket potatoes with fat to make them cook quicker and more evenly. A previous manager of spoons told me and so did my slimming world consultant. Hope this helps :s

I've heard that weatherspoons inject their jacket potatoes with fat to make them cook quicker and more evenly. A previous manager of spoons told me and so did my slimming world consultant. Hope this helps :s

This post HAS to be a total wind up????

Doesnt it???

Ermm. . . Iv heard they do to. My fiancée used to work there, and it's done before they receive them so they can just put them in the oven and tada! The nutritional values are given for the uncooked unaffected potatoe. No where does it say if the content is before or after cooking.

Does anyone know what the syns are for the chilli noodles with chicken?? i love this dish and my boyfriend always wants to eat at wetherspoons so it would be good to know. although without chicken would be fine with it, its just slightly more filling.
Lauren xX
The Sweet Chilli Noodles with chicken are 10 syns. They are only 1 syn without the chicken.

I always go for it without the chicken, to be honest - I can't justify spending 9 extra syns on something I know would be syn free at home!

That's ridiculous 9 syns for chicken!! I'll go for it without i think!!
Thank you
Lauren xx

laura4988 said:
Ermm. . . Iv heard they do to. My fiancée used to work there, and it's done before they receive them so they can just put them in the oven and tada! The nutritional values are given for the uncooked unaffected potatoe. No where does it say if the content is before or after cooking.

They don't !!!!!!

If you read this thread you'll see that. The whole first page of this is about what rubbish that story is

That's why I couldn't believe someone could post that it was true

Starlight,

I cant believe the deep fried/injected jacket potato myth is still being thrown around.

I have visions of a nutty evil chef going round sticking needles into poor ole potatoes torturing them lmao.

Seriously though, it is a complete myth and total rubbish.

Is like chinese whispers in a playground.

The nutritional information on the website is for a jacket potato as cooked, and is accurate, it is exactly the same nutritional information for the same dish cooked at home, when you exclude butter and dressing on a salad. Nutritional information has to be accurate, they can't make it up.

Someone told me that Syns Online now gives syn values for baked potato without dressing and butter and that they are very low if not syn free. Could someone check as that would be the definitive proof that there is no injecting or deep frying going on.

Last edited:
Back