wedding year- it's now or...er. . now!

ok failed on 2 fronts. weighed self and drank alcohol!

it all started in the gym, i saw all the other women jumping on the scales and there was much deliberating over whether or not they were right... i started helping out by putting 20kg weights on the scales one at a time to see if they were accurate... answer was not bad: about 1 kg out at 60kg. so various folk were happy cause they got a good result and various other folk were not (think they were the ones who had been hoping the scales were wrong)... so amidst all this chat and jumping on and off scales, i just did it. didn't even think about it ... well anyway.... 12st 13lbs!!!!!

instantly decided the scales were wrong despite the evidence above and toddled off on my merry way to the x- trainer. so no big deal right?... until the next morning (fri) when i'm thinking to myself.... hhhmmmm better go to boots and get weighed properly. so i did- although it was around 11am and i had had (bulletproof) coffee and some water to drink. 13st 2lbs.

now i just cant quibble with that. its 1lb less than my pre-xmas weigh-in (14th dec).... its as if xmas didnt happen, which is great cause i think it took me till may to lose last year's xmas poundage. anyway- i must have lost a good few pounds since i started- i'm gonna call it 5.

i also handed in my resignation to work because i have been offered a new job, so all in all it was a weird day and i ended up having half a bottle of champagne and a couple of vodkas. not a disaster by any means but i'm affronted that i said i wouldnt drink and i did. (needless to say, i'm just not gonna say it again- what can i say?? i fold like a deckchair in the face of bubbles!)

i then forgot to check my ketones this morning- must wake up quicker in the mornings!!! but i reckon i'm on track for the january challenge... 9lbs to go xx

Well I don't think you can be hard on yourself at all for that. If got a new job and handed in my notice I'd be glugging that champers despite any plans as I would LOVE to leave. I like the people in my office & I've got lots of freedom but I'm so bored & although I'm in an area that should make a difference to staff our department is ignored. Grrrrr.. So congrats on the job and it all sounds positive to me- your loss is great & moving ever downwards so that is what matters!

RawrGirl thinks down one pound since Christmas is AWESOME!!! She is still up 4 pounds (probably gained about 9). So way to go!

Thanks peeps!
Back to being the model dieter... what a difference a day makes eh?
Stuck to my food like glue, quick half hour at the gym at lunchtime and badminton tonight.
Although I should confess.... my fiance (lets call him The Carbinater ) more or less makes all my meals so its much easier for me.
He has himself lost 7.5 stone and kept it off for a few years and in the process has gained an obsession with nutrition etc. So his chores are the shopping and cooking.
Just wanted to big up him now, cause I just wouldn't be able to do it without him. Cheers TC! X

Feel quite light today.... danger!!!

now i just feel bored.
i have worked out that i have 34 weeks till my wedding. i only have to lose 1 lb a week to be (near enough) at my goal weight. 1 lb!!
nothing drastic needed then... slow and steady... a pound a week, a pound a week, a pound a week. must stay sane!

i've got plenty of time but i must be consistent- no sabotage!!!!! if i lose 3lbs one week, is that an excuse to gain 2 back?? no it is not.

hmmmm, want to change my signature thingy now: 34 weeks of your life you maniac?!? why wouldnt you do it???

34 weeks is really doable. That's great and you will do it. I was at my biggest in my wedding pics with an awful spiky 80s esque haircut courtesy of Toni and guy. Like I wasn't obvious enough at 15 stone plus with a silver sequin full length dress on!!!! Like a glitterball! So all I can say is focus on the photos and how you want to look in there and when you want to eat something off plan think 'u will not be a spiky glitterball like Michelle'

spiky glitterball!!! lols!! but thanks- i think that will help x

Weighed in this morning. 1lb off.

Musings on this: initially felt that I deserved more but the remembered the booze at the weekend. Hhhmmm need to check my counter-upper thing... back soon

Ok, it transpires that I only have a calorie defecit of 943 for the week (not inc metabolic advantage from ketosis)... so I'm gonna take my 1lb and run!

Wish my counter app thing would do weekly summaries instead of just monthly but I dont want to change it.. maybe it ll be good for me to manually count it anyway.

Just shows how much I can kid myself after a few days of sticking to my plan... memory too short to remember the woopsies at the weekend!

Still, 1lb is all I need. Onward!!

No booze last night!

Went to see les mis at the cinema, I'm a massive fan and cried all the way through it, with the result that I didn't eat my chocolate either. Best film I've ever seen and apparently good for weight loss! Mind you, i Iook dreadful this morning with all the crying.

Had a bit of a faff with dinner though- we've got no money so we were trying to use a restaurant voucher we got for Xmas. ... and the place was full (recession, what recession?!) So we ended up buying low carb junk and eating it in the car.
But I've logged it in my app and it seems to be ok and I know from yesterday that as long as I can refer to my food log at least I can objectively assess my weigh in results.

Off to do some clothes shopping today- can't turn up at new job in current duds cause they re done. And now I can look forward to my (inevitable) post shopping cocktail with impunity. Yum yum.

yep saturday passed in a flurry of shopping, food and vodka. too many calories again (3500) but only 1 day of the week- not 2. clawed it back on sunday- Mr Feetface dragged me outside in the snow to workout in the garden. must have given the neighbours a right laugh!!! but i'm sore all over today so it was worth it.

back on the wagon today (as usual).... isnt this known as the most depressing day of the year? ... i say hurrah for me for still being even wagon-adjacent this far into january!!

I second your hoorar!! You have to Look at the changes and youre doing great. Can't believe I'm still 100% but then it's crisis time. No longer will I be flabtastic. Enough is enough!! My weigh in tomorrow. Will report on my diary but hopes aren't high! Have a great week

good luck to you too michelle- btw, i cant find your diary, any clues?

okey dokey, today's mental reminder (as thought up while bored poopless on x-trainer)

hypothetical results;
week 1: -4, 2: -3, 3: -1 4: -1 5: 0 6: 0.... get scunnered and give up. total: 9
week 1: -1, 2:-1, 3:-1, 4:-1, 5:-1, 6:-1, 7:-1, 8:-1, 9:-1, 10:-1, 11: -1...... well you get the point!

a pound is a pound is a pound!! stop moanin to yourself that you want more!!

Weighed in today (day early cause I'll be away from my usual Boots tomorrow)

1lb off.

I know I should be happy and I am but thats me 13 st dead.

Want to see 12!!!!!!!!! Please!

Back