Week 3 - not so great.....

maccalenny

Only lost 0.5lb this week - although dark chocolate is OK occasionally, I think I overindulged. And pinched a few of hubby's chips last night. Other than that, I've really tried hard - was hoping to get under 14st - my target is to get there by Wednesday. Fingers crossed......

Kate

Kate, remember that a half pound down is far better than having put it on. I found in the early days of GL that I was being too generous with my portion sizes. For a couple of weeks then, I weighed everything to get a visual of the size of a portion. 25 or 30g of dry pasta is very very small!! In fact it was when I saw just how small the portions were on a GL regime that I started using more lentils, beans etc. These were more filling, more GL friendly and low in cals.
Keep a diary of what you eat and maybe then review it to see what else you might add or take away the next week.
I also drink plenty of water, at least three litres a day. It really helps keeping you feel full. Apparently 60% of the time we feel hungry it is actually water that our bodies are craving!
Keep strong. Remember a little down is far better than putting it on.

thanks Molly - you may have a point with the portion sizes - I tend to think 'is it GL' but not think about porton size too much. I'll keep an eye on it next week and see what happens.

Kate

Kate, hope your week is going a bit better for you.

Hi Molly - this week is going much better thanks - on 30th November I was under 14 stone, so I hit my target. Haven't felt snacky this week, haven't bought - or wanted - any chocolate. My weigh day is tomorrow and I think I'm a couple of lb down, which is good going for me.
Thanks for asking!

Kate

Kate,that all sounds so much more positive. Good for you. Keep up your great effort.

Back