Weekends off the diet!

So far today I've had half a 200g bag of peanuts and a big bag of beef jerky. Very random I know. I haven't had enough water either. I should've had some salad but I fancied something else. Enjoyed it loads but jaw began to ache from all the chewing. Anyway, just gonna do the peppermint tea and water tonight. Tomorrow hopefully- chicken salad and a packet of crisps for lunch, and smoked haddock and veg for dinner. I won't have time for breakfast anyway. I'd really like to be down to 13st 1lb by Sunday morning.

How have you got on today? I have been much better behaved :)

You should have breaky - it's the most important meal of the day, so they tell me. Even an apple or something just to get your metabolism kickstarted for the day. I have had a slim fast shake for breaky every morning practically for the last year, since I got used to them when doing it last year and find I can neck it quickly on the way to work.

So far today I've had, a chicken tikka salad, with an onion bhaji (the Boots salad), 1 large packet of quavers, the other half of the bag of peanuts 9which I promised myself I wouldn't eat) and just over 2l of water.
I'm not hungry. I've taken my multivitamins and minerals tab. I'm trying to plan what to look forward to eating at the weekend. Since I had THREE DAYS OFF the diet this week, I am not expecting much of a loss by Saturday morning. I'll have a good loss the next Saturday though. I thought of changing the weigh day to Sunday since I didn't restart till Tuesday, but that would almost be cheating so I'll just have to face the music on Saturday morning.
So, I'm undecided! Shall I have Chinese or Pizza on Saturday?
I've got friends coming over for Sunday lunch so we'll be having shrimp fried rice and white rice with plantain, corn on the cob, spicy fried chicken and beef, and a seasoned tomato and onion sauce. Might put some roasted sweet potatoes with the plantains. For dessert, maybe......Black forest gateau and ice cream? That's Sunday sorted!:p
Saturday's gotta be pizza, as we're having fried rice on Sunday.
Glad I had this chat with myself, I can now focus on Pizza for dinner on Saturday to keep me going. Movies with the kids Saturday morning. I'll try to avoid the popcorn, so I can save my tummy for the pizza heheheeeee!! I'm so excited!!! It's so naughty of me to talk about all this food on a 'DIET' website.
Oops!:D

How have you got on today? I have been much better behaved :)

You should have breaky - it's the most important meal of the day, so they tell me. Even an apple or something just to get your metabolism kickstarted for the day. I have had a slim fast shake for breaky every morning practically for the last year, since I got used to them when doing it last year and find I can neck it quickly on the way to work.

I know, I should have breakfast but I've never been a breakfast person so I don't miss it if I don't have it. I might get some low carb shake cartons from somewhere which I can have.
I'm getting on OK otherwise. I wish I could stop the peanuts, but hey, they keep me full and undeprived somehow. I'm hoping for 2lbs loss this week if I'm lucky, 1lb, STS if I'm not.
Planning on cutting carbs for Thurs and Fri to about 10g or less. That's still a lot of salad too.
Well done today. Keep it up x

Yay i found you Cee :D
Do hope you have a gd weight loss this weekx I look forward to seeing how you get on:D

Yay i found you Cee :D
Do hope you have a gd weight loss this weekx I look forward to seeing how you get on:D

HAHA! No pressure then lol!
I've had 2 egg omelette this morning. Might have a shake for lunch and if I'm hungry I'll have some fish and veg tonigh. If I'm not hungry I'll have just water and peppermint tea! I'll do the same tomorrow.
I've had 1L of water today so far. Gonna go guzzle some more now!

So, I've had a couple of mouthfuls of the kids noodles and a packet of quavers. I've been pretty good with water but dunno how much I've had. It's gotta be almost 3L by now. I've also just returned from an hour's walk in the rain. It really helps having someone to walk with. The time goes so quickly.
Think I might take the kids to the cinema tomorrow. Must avoid the popcorn. Maybe I'll take a packet of quavers in with me. :)

Not sure that you can count the water intake from the rain. ;)

I have been mostly good today, but I did accidentally fall onto a pair of Wispas. ;)

Not sure that you can count the water intake from the rain. ;)

I have been mostly good today, but I did accidentally fall onto a pair of Wispas. ;)

:D Aww, I thought I'd assimilated about a litre of water from the rain.
Keep it up, even when you accidentally fall into wispas and skips and kids dinners, you'll still lose weight, might be a tiny bit slower but what matters is that it comes off. :)

Hmmm....
I just read, in the VLCD forum that 'home made' VLCD's are not permitted on the MM website. You have to be doing CD, LL,Exante etc. Someone also said that homemade VLCD's are 'unhealthy'. Even though I'm taking multivitamins and minerals that match those contained in CD packs in every way, and I'm able to stick to this way of eating a million times better than when I did CD, I'll have to discontinue this diary and start a new one where I won't disclose what diet I'm doing I guess. I wouldn't want people to get the wrong idea and think I'm promoting unhealthy practices.
I wonder what the take is on the Johnson Up Day Down Day diet, where you eat about 400-500kcals every other day and eat normally on the alternate days.
Or... since I'm only doing my VLCD for short periods of time (4-5 days on and then 2-3 days off) I might be exempt from the 'homemade VLCD' ban?
Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Hi. I don't think you are necessarily on a VLCD as you are eating fully at weekends. Isn't that what Some other diets do, with carb days and no carb days?

If you need the support of having a diary in order to lose weight then I think you should be allowed to have a diary but if you are worried ask the mods.

Your in the Weight Loss section so surely thats ok? As this is your diary.. Like the other lady said maybe ask a Mod? Let me know if you start a new diary x
Hope you have a good day x

I also think that I'm not really doing a VLCD because of my weekends off. I think I'll continue as I am then. Thanks guys.
Well today is almost over and I'm eagerly awaiting tomorrow's pizza at pizza express. Thanks to Tesco clubcard rewards :-D I will try not to eat much till then but that plan failed last week. I've had to be so strict these 4 days to ensure that there's a weight loss because I had 3 days off instead of 2. Today I tasted some of the kid's dinner and some of my OH dinner and then fell asleep on the couch as they ate. Woke up just in time to go for my walk with my friend (look aeay now if you have a sensitive tummy) and had an attack of the runs on the way back. OH had it last night. Starts with a tummy ache. Thankfully we were near the end of our walk and I could rush home. I now feel a tiny bit nauseous. So tiny I could be imagining it, but it's all enough to keep me from wanting anything else to pass my lips. Which is kind of a good thing because I was starting to do too much picking earlier. I'm even not wanting to drink water. Not a good thing. The kids seem fine though. Thank goodness.
I'm already seeing a difference in my face and my tummy. My clothes fit less snug and my jaw lines are reappearing :)
Tomorrow I plan on another walk in the evening and if I go crazy, I might do a workout DVD in the morning. Nothing too strenuous though.
I'll be back tomorrow morning with my weight ( after getting as much peeing done as I can) :-D

GOOD Morning!!!!!! :-D :-D :-D
Weight today 12 ( YES TWELVE) stones 13 3/4 lbs. ( yes that's 3 quarters) haha! Every little counts!! I'm in the 12's by 1/4 of a lb. :-D I'm almost shocked, that's 4.5 lbs in week 2. I have to say, it was a tough 4 days but the weekend will more than make up for it. I guess changing my weigh day from Thursday to Saturday added a little more to the weeks loss?
I still have a rumbling tummy and don't feel like eating anything!!!!! AAAAAAaaaahhhh!!!!! What a nightmare! I was longing to eat all week and now that I can, I don't fancy eating???? It's putting a downer on the weight loss :-( Well I'll just try to drink lots and hopefully be able to enjoy pizza tonight. I am worried that I won't eat enough or won't enjoy eating enough and will feel deprived when Monday comes and therefore not stick to the diet during the week.
Let's see how today goes.

That should have been 4.25 lbs not 4.5 lbs.
Just managed to get OH to give the girls breakfast (all had a lie in and it's 9.15 now) and I'm not feeling like having any.
I'm planning for the next week now.
1. WL goal - 2.5lbs (take me to the 1 stone loss)
2. Saturday meal.... can't think of anything I fancy, maybe cos of the way I'm feeling right now, so I'll think about it during the week. I don't want to eat out every weekend but the thought of it keeps me motivated so I'm using my tesco clubcard rewards where I can.
3. Evening activities to keep me busy and away from the kitchen:
- re do hair
-organise holiday pics
-internet grocery shop
-plan weekly meals (the fam, not mine)
-ironing (if I'm not tired)
-movies ( this will probably be what I'll do instead of ironing haha)
-catch up with MM pals
-plan outings, days out and activities with kids for the next 2 months
-find a cheap family break online, for December
Anyone got any other ideas? Please let me know xx

Last edited:
Yay. Well done
Fab to be in the 12's! so glad this is working, and doesn't seeing that 12 inspire you to keep at it?

I am hovering under the 12's at 11.13 ish, so yes, every quarter pound does count!

Drink your water and tomorrow you will be firmly in the 12's. The only way is down! :)

Sounds like this is really working for you, well done on being in the 12's :)

Am kind of thinking of giving myself one daqy off a week too - so i don't feel I'm missing out - will see how it goes - good luck for next week :)

Thanks guys. Youre both right about how good I'm feeling about how good it feels to see 12 on the scales and that I've found something that I can do that works for me :) I'm now at Pizza Express being antisocial by typing on my phone instead of talking to OH. lol! Waiting for my meal now. Feeling a bit better since this morning but not 100%. I'm actually eager to just finish eating abs just go home to bed. Anyway, best get back to listening to OH now.
Have a lovely weekend ladies. xx

Hello cee im just reading your diary.. the name of your thread caught my eye.

I can see you are getting on well with your diet, are u every hungry on just 600 cals?
and do u count on the weekends too?
keep up the great work x

Feeling much better today. I've enjoyed a lovely meal with the family and lots of biscuits and ice cream ....etc. I haven't binged like I did last week. I've eaten a lot but not as bad.
I've calculated that I can be at goal by Christmas if i lose 2lb a week so that is my goal 2lb, a week or more.
What I love about my way of eating now is that I can happily have a social life. I can be around food at weekends and eat what I like without worrying about it. I can be strict during the week because I know I've really indulged the weekend before and at the same time I know I can indulge again when the week is over. Even though I'm restricting seriously during the week, I still get to eat food. I really struggle when I'm not allowed to eat real food. I also get motivated to exercise to help burn off the excess calories I had at the weekend. I'm so happy that FINALLY, after so many years, I've found something I can happily do. It's not easy though, but it works for me. Thank goodness.
My appetite has actually reduced. My stomach has shrunk and this weekend I've found myself leaving food on my plate because I've had enough..... very unusual. I think once the over excitement of being able to eat anything at weekends has dwindled, I'll settle into eating normally, rather than trying to stuff everything in my mouth before Monday haha.
Now that the X factor has begun, the countdown to Christmas has begun and will fly by. I'll soon be at my goal weight and looking for the sales to start so I can renew my wardrobe! :D

Back