Weekends off the diet!

Cee

Silver Member
After finally accepting that I cannot stick with CD right now, I've decided to do something else. I'll be having 600kcal( or less) a day, with weekends off! Eat whatever I like at the weekend without bingeing. I'm planning on doing an hours walk at least 3 times a week and then move on to jogging when I've lost a good amount of weight.
The eating whatever at the weekends is a vital part of my diet, without it I would not be able to stick to the VLCD during the week. It also gives me something to look forward to every week, so If I'm getting fed up I can remind myself of the weekend treats. It will also help to rev up my metabolism every week so I should hopefully still lose enough weight to keep me motivated to continue.
I did this years ago and it worked for me, but I didn't have the bingeing problem at the time. As long as I don't binge to the tune of 6000kcal at the weekends then I should lose weight. :)
Fingers crossed this is it for me. I'm so fed up of being fat and not looking like the person I am inside.

Doing OK so far! I've stuck to my cal and carb allowance... Kind of.
Today I've had a chicken tikka salad with an onion bhaji from Boots and a pack of their healthy option bacon bites. Didn't have breakfast and might have a ham with peppers omelette tonight followed by sugarfree jelly and a tiny bit of whipped cream.
I binged at the weekend but I'm hoping I can avoid bingeing again this weekend. I got so greedy my OH said 'Get out of the kitchen, you're losing the plot now' :-D
Harvesters on Sat, will eat whatever I like. Seafood curry on Sunday ( I lurrrrrve seafood).
A couple I know brought home made cookies and chelsea buns to me last night. It was a lovely sweet surprise. I put them in a container and put them in the fridge. They've gotta last till Saturday!!!!!
:) was very proud of myself for not indulging. Just reminded myself that they'd be devoured on Saturday and I was fine.

I also hope it continues. OH got home tonight. I didn't realise I'd missed him so much. The weird thing was as soon as he arrived I started getting the urge to eat. That worries me lol! I ended up having 2 more packets of crisps. If I hadn't collapsed in my bed and fallen asleep after the girls went to bed, I might have done more damage. As a result of the early night I'm now awake at 3.29am!!!! I'll be shattered again in the morning.
So tomorrow or today I mean, I'm going to weigh myself and I've gotta be really good & try to get 1lb off before Saturday. Can't wait!!! All that yummy food mmm!!!
How're you doing BG?

Good Luck Cee! Go shed off those added lbs. It's okay to eat as long as we can burn the calories off.

desperate2Bslim said:
Good Luck Cee! Go shed off those added lbs. It's okay to eat as long as we can burn the calories off.

Thanks desperate. :)
Weighed today and came in at 13.4. Thats 7.5 lbs off in week 1, even with bingeing at the weekend!!! Very pleased. If I can be down to 13.3 by Saturday I'll be very very happy and enjoy my Harvesters even more :-D

biggirl86 said:
It's going well I think - I'm already nearly 6lbs down!

Wow!!! Well done!!! That meal will be well deserved won't it? :-D

Tall fat and greedy said:
Wow Cee, this is obviously the way for you. Taking the pressure off has certainly worked. Well done.

Thanks TF&G, you're right. I definitely do better when there's more freedom and knowing I'm only doing it for 5 days. I know the weight loss will slow down and I'm hoping for 2lb a week. It's slower than I'd like but I'm better off doing this and actually losing weight, than wasting all that time trying and failing at something else and putting on weight while I wait to start it again.

Well done you - sounds like you are a lot happier and this way suits you better :)

I would find it so much harder knowing I could eat, I would never stop :)

biggirl86 said:
Bloomin eck that's fantastic! You go girl!

Thanks!! :-D
We're doing it!!!!

Had a wonderful evening at Harvester. Good food, great company. Stuffed! Over ate, knocked my glass of coke over and it shattered, coke everywhere, broken glass cut my palm, card got declined when paying.... how much more memorable could the day have gone. Thank heavens for little blessings, people who make you laugh and enjoy your company too.....hopefully lol!
Plantation platter almost all devoured, dessert too. Tomorrow, a roast dinner and fruit flan with cream, and icecream, and buscuits, and crisps, and whatever else I fancy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahaa!!!
On Monday, back to the strict diet. I've decided to change my weighing day to Saturday morning, so I'' weigh myself on Saturday 20th instead of Thursday 18th. Hoping to have lost 3lbs by then.
Doing some walking, an hour 2-3 times a week. The weekend eating motivates me to try to burn off those extra calories. It also makes me strict during the week. I hope it works! I'm feeling good about myself now, and OH says my confidence has grown and I'm getting rather cheeky because of it lolol!

Sounds likes good night! Glad to see you feeling good. I am really happy with the weight I am losing too. Saw a photo I didn't hate today, going to stick it on tune fridge as an incentive I think.

Egbert, thanks! Glad to read you had a good birthday. Back on plan today like me. I binged again this weekend tut tut!! Oh well! Gotta be extra strict this week.

BG, We must definitely do it again. I'll try not to break anything next time :-D

Well it's back to the 600 kcal today. I'm gonna cut carbs to 20g tops as I was so naughty. In fact I'm doing 10 g or less for the next 2 days to really use up all the stored glycogen as quickly as poss.
I'm hoping for a 3 lb loss but would be grateful for 4.5 lb so I can see a 12 on the scales. I can hope can't I? Lol!!
Good luck this week guys! x

Not back on today. Feeling kinda blurgh today so ended up eating stuff that I shouldn't have so decided to eat today and only have Sunday off. I'm tired and it's raining and I just want to go to bed. Not looking forward to working in Swindon tomorrow and Wednesday. Just not in the mood for anything. I want this week over quick! :-(

Oh dear - I know how you feel. I have a big loaf of brioche left over form the weekend just calling out to me :(

But - going to be off the diet mostly next week so going to be good this week! *determined face*

Back