Weight Loss Buddies!

Welcome AGirl - Well done for getting back on the wagon! Good luck for tonight!

Yeh probably not the best idea to work out when your ill biggz. What kind of weights are you planning on doing? High rep, low weight/Low rep, high weight?

I plan on doing as intense of a work out as I can. I have been reading a book called "body for life". I am planing on staying as close to there kind of work out as I can. Probably won't be quite perfect till I get under 300lbs tho. There work out involves doing low weight. High Rep to warm up. And high weight low Rep after,and doing cardio on the days you don't lift. I'm not fooling myself. It will be hard. I am the type of person that has to do things all or nothing.

Oh and I am going to do it at a gym. I am lucky, my work have a nice gym with free personal trainers. They are a lot of help. I used to be afraid of going to gyms. Afraid of thingsa like people being rude or staring at the fat Guy. Pretty stupid. From my experience everyone is supportive. If any one is questioning joining a gym. My opinion is the they are extremely helpful. Just make sure after you do join one make sure that you actually visit it. 8o)

I used to be a member of a gym a few years ago and it was ok at the start but then as it got more popular the attitude changed and I didn't like it. Got my own weights in my room now which should do for now. Going to start tomorrow. What kind of schedule are you doing? I've split my days up as follows:

Shoulders
Arms
Chest
Legs
Core

I'll look up 'body for life' may get a copy!

My work out schedule will be something like this.

M- cardio
T- upper body
W- cardio
T- lower body
F- cardio

I think that's how I will do it. I work tue- Fri. So this are the only days I can really use any weights. I may just split up my workouts to cover this four days. Like t- upper w- lower t- upper T- lower. And then just warm up with cardio b4 I work out. Hmmm I think that's probably what I will end up doing.

Sounds like a good plan. I used to work out quite a lot when I was in my late teens and followed something similar. My plan really is to drop as much weight as possible by the summer and then really set about lifting some serious weights. For now I think i'm going to aim for mainly lower weight/higher reps, then when it comes to the heavier weights in the summer it shouldn't be too much of a shock to the system!

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been around for a while, things have been absolutely manic! How is everyone getting on? I had a massive blowout on a chinese buffet on Sunday and somehow still managed to lose 3lb so i'm chuffed!

Cool, nice one sixpack - What kind of exercise are you doing at the moment? I need to do some consistently but am having difficulty deciding what exactly to do!

Cool, nice one sixpack - What kind of exercise are you doing at the moment? I need to do some consistently but am having difficulty deciding what exactly to do!

I'm doing the Wii fit board exercises and i power walk 6 miles a day:cool:

And on Sundays i power walk 8.5 miles

Hey I'm 28 years old and I use to weigh 280 pounds and I'm only 5-4. I just weighed my self some time today and i am now between 252 and 251. I did it by watching what I eat mostly. And slight exercise.

My Goal for right now is 200. and when I meet that, then I'll take the rest from there.

Hey Squirly, nice loss mate, well done. I've had an awful last week, got weighed today and for the first time i've lost nothing! Pretty depressing but considering the week i've had it could have been a lot worse!

Hey, of course you can. That's an amazing weight loss, well done!!

Back