Weight loss resources

Sorry for asking a probably simple question but what does WLR stand for ?

I lost 3lb this week. My menstral cycle has really changed, I used to come on on the 25th of the month without fail. It then changed to the 20th and then surprised me this month by arriving on the 16th. OMG, but it means that the fat is leaving the ovaries so that can't be bad. Also means I have a thinner punani and as Isobel could vouch, a thinner punani is something to aspire to!!:p :p :p

Just been to the gym this afternoon. I have mastered the cross trainer and am really enjoying the preset weightloss course. It shows you which areas a re being worked on which is really good. I have only been 4 times this week which is naughty for me as I try to go at least 5 times but I really hurt my calves on the trainer the other day and could hardly walk! Anyway, feels much better now.

My usual gym routine is 20 mins of toning weights for my arms amd then some of the leg machines. I aim for at least 60 mins cardio on the bike, treadmill or cross-trainer (a combination of them not all in one session!!!) I feel good if I have done the cardio workout as I can feel my jelly belly wobbling which means it is wobbling off!!

I have bought a pair of calf length boots for the winter and am too afraid to try them on for fear they won't fit me! I also played about with my wlr info and realised that I need to lose 8lbs to be under 200lbs. When I see it like that it is quite shocking, but compared to what it started like it is reasonable! I need to save up and buy clothes, I have 3 pairs of trousers for work, 4 tops and nothing else. My work and home wardrobe are intertwined as nothing fits but I can't afford to face the shops, if I'm honest I always find it disheartening when, despite my efforts nothing fits when I think it should. Clothes sizes are a big pain in the punani!

I have had experienced 16's in Evans being too small (OMG), 14's in mk one being too big, Mand S all over the place. Only Monsoon seem to suit me at the moment and I can't afford to shop theit all the time!!

My aim is to buy a pair of jeans that fit. Anyway, all is well, jellybelly is shrinking slowly, arms look like arms and not lumps, boobs are saggy but hey ho! Hope everyone is well!!:p :p :p :p

Hi Georgiasmum,

Sounds like things are going well with you. I hate sizing in shops too - they should make them all universal like kg's etc. Im a 20 or 22 in most shops and I can fit the odd 18 (very odd!).
Im still with WLR - its shocking how many cals I put away without thinking about it, it has really showed me how I have ended up this size! I must have been putting away 3-4000 cals per day easy.
Im loving the gym at the minute. I go about 3 times per week and do 45 mins cardio and 20 mins on the weights machines. I have also dug out an old Yoga video and im going to do that at least twice per week as I am really stiff and inflexible. I have been walking the mut loads too - he loves me!

Hi Andi, you are doing well aren't you! I hope you are including the dog walking with wlr as every bit counts. I have a yoga dvd as well and should dig it out but I'm too lazy! I did go to a yoga class a few times but I don't feel as if I'm doing something unless I'm smelly and sweaty. I'm going for a programme review on Thursday which should be interesting, got to face the jelly belly dilemma...

I had a programme review today at the gym. The instructor says I have done really well and that I don't need to lose much more.... I told him I still need to lose 4 stone to be in my healthy weight range and he disagreed. He said 12 stone would be fine for me. I am now so confused about this whole business. I told him I am still obese by BMI standards and he told me to ignore it, that it doesn't apply in my case. He also said that I should only workout 5 times per week instead of 6 as this is overdoing it. Any opinions please??????

Do what feels right for you. If you are not happy at your current weight, then go for it and lose some more. Also, working out 6 days a week is fine - you just need one rest day a week.

Hope that helps.

I think you need to take the advice of your trainer but also listen to what you want. A difficult one to straddle, but he should be trained in what to do, and you need to be comfortable in your own skin :)

Hi Mel,

I live for the day someone tells me that I am near my goal weight! Congratulations - you have worked so hard and you deserve it. I have no idea what to say about your trainer saying go to the gym less and that 12 stone is a good weight for you. One part of me is saying listen to your body and how you feel in your skin; the other part is saying listen to him he knows about that stuff? When you reach 12 stone try maintaining for a while to see if you feel comfortable?

I also like going to the gym - its a little sanctuary and it helps me deal with my depression but I can only go about 3 times per week because of the twins and working. I nip in for mini 30 minute work outs when I can though. Maybe the way forward is to go 6 times per week but spend much less time there?

Either way you will work it out :)

I've been reading about exercise intensity this morning and I will do an experiment this week. I will do an interval course where you push yourself hard then rest, the push then rest - know what I mean? I'm going to see how it works this week. I've got some great new exercises to lift the apron of flab on my belly area. I am really addicted to my regime now and i do feel fitter.

As for all the other things going on in my life I don't know what will happen - I do trust my husband but still can't shake the shadows of doubt that cross me periodically. We have had some dreadful rows lately and I have behaved appallingly, saying unrepeatable things. I really need to put this right in my own mind. I can't escape past history where my previous partner was abusive and unfaithful. The whole situation is making me confront my insecurities. If I'm really honest I keep thinking that if he did do those things its because I am too ugly and not good enough. It's as if my adolesence is returning with all its attendant neuroses. Must just keep taking the pills.....:confused: :confused: :confused:

What exercises lift that fat (apron) would love to know

What does wlr offer what is involved

Hi Mel,

Me too - with being overweight, having big twins and gynae surgery I have an apron. I think that mine will need sliced and diced but im willing to try anything before that!

Hi Dawn. In order to shift my apron of lard I have to do the following two exercise.

1) Chest press with legs raised alternately. I do 16 reps with my leg raised and my stomach pulled in - it hurts but you can feel it work

2)Lat pull down focussing on my abdominal posture. This exercise works the bingo wings b ut if I sit correctly I can feel my abdominal muscles being forced to hold me in.

3) I also have to focus on my abs when I do any exercise 'ABS, ABS, ABS' is my mantra so that they are always being worked. I'm even doing it now as I sit and type. I can feel them, it isn't pretty but its doing something.
He also said I should work out in front of the mirrors as much as possible to watch my posture as I do each exercise to ensure I hold the abs tightly. It is about awareness and it isn't the miracle cure I wanted but it will work. I am determined. I will have better abs than when I was a teenager....

I am proud to announce that I have lost nearly 5 stone. I look different and on a good day feel differently too! Sometimes though I still feel fat and ugly but I think we all have our ugly moments. I know others have lost much more than me and more quickly but this journey has been a real learning experience and I am grateful for it despite its difficulties at times.

I am truly amazed at the improvement in my physical stamina - I did 50 mins on the cross trainer on an interval course. I was sweating buckets but I felt great not shocking. I keep thinking about my abs and visualising my one-day flat stomach!!! I have built my exercise regime into my life now and feel better emotionally and physically.

My next goal is to have a personal shopping session at debenhams or somewhere - I need a complete overhaul. I still don't feel I can justify shopping - the chatterbox still says ' you're too fat for that' but realistically I'm probably not. Anyway, roll on WLR and my wonderful cyber buddies here - I couldn't have done it without you.

PS I finally told my husband how much weight I've lost ( those of you who have read my dh thread will know that it has been a sort of unspoken/unacknowledged area due to my profound shame and embarrassment). He was shocked and said he'd buy me some new gym gear for my birthday in December when I've lost a bit more! He also said I was fine before - kind I thought..... lots of love M:) :) :) :)

What a heartening post - so lovely to hear things are going well for you, and you sound so fit and positive!! :cool: Your hubby sounds lovely, and I love the sound of the personal shopping session :D

Back