Weight loss resources

georgiasmum

I just wanted to share how much this site has helped me. I cannot ss due to illness at the moment so i am calorie counting and exercising like a mad thing - it is working. I have lost 13lb (in 4 weeks) doing it and am really proud of myself. I am on 1440 calories a day plus whatever exercise cals I earn but it is not essential that i eat them. I hope to ss eventually but in the mean time I feel positive about dieting and exercising and hope I can do this!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

A big well done from me too.

I use WLR. It's great isn't it :)

I weighed in at the gym today! Lost 2.2lbs. Am now 15stone 3lbs. My short term goal is to be in the 14's (14 stone 12) by my holiday on august 12th!

Hi georgiasmum,

Congrats' on your weight loss of 2.2lbs. that is brill, well done you:D :D :D

How is the gym going?

Love Mini xxx

Hi georgiasmum,

I think doing exercise does make a difference...like that I have not been doing much since I was sick with the cold/flu and I am now feeling the difference...need to get myself back into the swing of things again.

My body looked so much firmer when I was doing even the little bit of gentle stretch and free weights.

I think also I over did the gym, so will take it more gentle, I found I was so exciting I had the energy and my fitness level was so good, I was showing off to myself as this time last year in the gym I was so unfit and fat...

What a difference a year makes:)

Love Mini xxx

I am going to go swimming today instead of the gym. I might go to the gym but will have to see how i feel. Still got a chesty cold which is really annoying and my ears are all blocked up. I want it to clear before i go away or else the plane journey will be awful!:eek: :eek:

georgiasmum said:
I am going to go swimming today instead of the gym. I might go to the gym but will have to see how i feel. Still got a chesty cold which is really annoying and my ears are all blocked up. I want it to clear before i go away or else the plane journey will be awful!:eek: :eek:

Hi georgiasmum,

Still too shy to wear a swimsuit:eek: but, I do love swimming, I would like to learn how to get my breathing right, must think about getting some lessons.:rolleyes:

Where are you for on holidays?

I am finding it hard to shift the chesty caugh I got with a cold the other week, but it is improving...

I have been so healthy on this diet that it was a bit of a shock to feel unwell...back now in form again.

This is one of the main reasons I believe in vlcd's so much, is that I do feel so well.

Love Mini xxx

Gym today. 85 mins cardio. Am turning into a right gym junkie. 15 mins weights for toning. Weigh in On thursday so will see what happens then... Want to be in the 14's by the 12th august...

georgiasmum said:
Am turning into a right gym junkie

I find the extra cals I get with WLR, a big incentive to get down the gym;) I was down there tonight....didn't see you :D

It wasn't really gym night, but I was hankering after some carrot cake, so decided to get my butt off the sofa and earn some calories.

Good luck with your goal, though you don't need luck...just keep doing what you have been doing. It's obviously working.:cool:

Well done Georgiasmum

I think the exercise thinbg is really helpful. I am swimming every day, yesterday 22 lengths! The only snag is the scales are not dropping even though I have stuck to my cal allowance and done all the swimming. Mini reckons it may be due to muscle building and i must admit 2 people have already commented on the fact that I look a different shape - presumably a better one! Keep it up, we are getting there!

Barb I think it's more likely that you are retaining water than muscle. The extra muscle weight takes a long, long time to show up on the scales, but it is a known fact that when we exercise we retain water.

I know that I usually weigh more the day after I've exercised, but it's only short term and the inches go down.

I also find that I cannot eat all my exercise calories or I just keep on gaining, so I usually only take half of them.

Oh...sometimes when I've kept to my cals and it's not doing what it should, I increase them for a while to kick start my metabolism...then I drop back again.

Perhaps your body is just having a lull to get used to it's new weight.

Keep plodding on...it'll give in eventually :D

Back