weird question apologies if ur eating!!!

lucyc35

Sorry for the strange question but I have read a few posts over the time I've been using this forum and a lot of people mention bowel movement, especially if someone is after advice on improving slow weight loss.
What are peoples thoughts on this? Do you think regular or not so regular bowel movements have an effect on weight loss?:)

well i can honestly say that regular movement does not improve my weight loss i can go at least 6 times aday

I think the only real effect it has in on the scales. If you dont 'go' before weigh in then you will weigh more than if you had been able to 'go' lol x

well i can honestly say that regular movement does not improve my weight loss i can go at least 6 times aday

Er... wow. Have you always been like that or is it only since SW?

How jealous am I? I can go up to two weeks between. THAT has an effect on weight loss, trust me!! I reckon I go six times a month!

How jealous am I? I can go up to two weeks between. THAT has an effect on weight loss, trust me!! I reckon I go six times a month!

Wow that's not good either! :eek: Were you like this before SW? What in the world are you eating?

I think the only real effect it has in on the scales. If you dont 'go' before weigh in then you will weigh more than if you had been able to 'go' lol x

I know this doesn't make logical sense but i'm the opposite... I weigh more if I've just gone. I've tested it !

x

ermintrude said:
Wow that's not good either! :eek: Were you like this before SW? What in the world are you eating?

It's pre-existing. I had medication for a faecal impaction which basically means it gets stuck somewhere but it caused so much water retention and bloating I stopped taking it. I've always eaten fairly healthily, loads of fruit and veg, home cooked meals, not fried, occasional take away but maybe too many KFC's etc. Brie was my main downfall. Sw has helped as it introduced me to scan bran. If I have it every day, after about 4 days, I'll go everyday but as an EE girl, I refuse to use my hexb on scan bran every day. I'm just in the process of trying to fit 2 slices in every day. It's a bind because I don't love it but hey, needs must!

Yow, sounds nasty :( Yeah if you could just fit in a slice a day or something, keep things moving as it were? Just the one wouldn't even be worth synning tbh... what to mix it with tho, not exactly appetising eh? Aw that sucks. Still, at least you know its not real 'weight', cant be much fun tho :( Boo!

It's not as bad as it sounds really. It's just not very nice when I do go!

I've taken to dipping the scan bran in my superspeed soup this week. That's got to get something moving! ;)

HelsAngel im exactly the same as you. And go even less if I'm away from home. When I was 17 I went to Africa for just over a month and went twice in that time!! It does affect my weightloss if I dont go before WI as my scales are the same as my SW group ones and I've weighed myself before and after lol - there is a difference!

Currently taking medication for it as been really really awful since I had my 3rd baby in April. All good when I remember to take it!

number 1 or number 2?

6 is a lot!!!!

number 2
i have ibs and at the moment fruit is making it worse, if i just do the plan with no fruit it seems to ease off and i like to eat it, i just spend my day ranked up by the toilets :D

number 2
i have ibs and at the moment fruit is making it worse, if i just do the plan with no fruit it seems to ease off and i like to eat it, i just spend my day ranked up by the toilets :D

I cant eat much fruit either. Its not as severe as your issues, but if i eat too much i get awful bloating.

I found I lost more when I had more fibre, if you know what i mean! ;)

Back