Wetherspoons

we are going friday for a works do,!!! omg!! couldnt we have done better. but everyone says oh but its cheap. so its the 5 bean chilli for me then -- wooopeeedoo:(
right, i have to say in wetherspoons defense that the 5 bean chilli which came with yellow basmati rice and tortillas chips was actually fairly tasty and i was pleasantly surprised. all around me, my friends were eating cheesey pasta with garlic bread and chicken pies with chips and gravy, other half even had a huge mixed grill but i stuck with my lime and soda water, my bean chilli (4.5 syns) and when thwey all have choc fudge cake i had a coffee. - pat on back rapidly. but oh did i suffer the next morning on the loo! oops. too much info. :flamingmad:
:sick0019::sign0131:

Sorry if I missed it but what is the syn value on their Jacket potatoes then?

Yeah, I would like to know too as I usually have my jacket potato with tuna mayonaise, and i'm sure it's not going to be light mayo!

On a side note, i've noticed that my local 'spoons no longer put the dressing on the salad, it comes in a little pot.

Also, does anyone know the syns for the new butterfly chicken breast burger? :confused: Had it pre SW and I loveeeeee it :D would be nice for a treat if it's not too many syns.

Yeah, I would like to know too as I usually have my jacket potato with tuna mayonaise, and i'm sure it's not going to be light mayo!

On a side note, i've noticed that my local 'spoons no longer put the dressing on the salad, it comes in a little pot.

Also, does anyone know the syns for the new butterfly chicken breast burger? :confused: Had it pre SW and I loveeeeee it :D would be nice for a treat if it's not too many syns.

you will not get an accurate syn value unfortunately, as SW don't provide a extensive eating out guide.

The best thing to do would be to look at the nutritional information on the wetherspoons website and select an extra easy day and then potato and tuna as a free food, which will then give you your syn value.

However as you suspect, it definitley won't be a light mayo and unless you ask them to omit the butter, it will probably have heaps of butter too. But the website gives nutritional information for their jacket potatoes with or without butter and salad dressing.

However as you suspect, it definitley won't be a light mayo and unless you ask them to omit the butter, it will probably have heaps of butter too. But the website gives nutritional information for their jacket potatoes with or without butter and salad dressing.

I've actually never asked for it without butter, but I have never seen/tasted butter on it any time that I have eaten a jacket spud there. I don't know weather i've just been lucky or something? or perhaps it depends on what filling you have with it? bizarre!

I've actually never asked for it without butter, but I have never seen/tasted butter on it any time that I have eaten a jacket spud there. I don't know weather i've just been lucky or something? or perhaps it depends on what filling you have with it? bizarre!

Whenever I have baked potato and beans they bring the butter out in a little packet, not actually on the potato. :)

If you go on the slimming world website and search syns online under J D Wetherspoon you can then check the syn values. Not sure how up to date it is but has the 5 bean chilli etc x

Jacket Potato with Tuna Mayonnaise & Dressed Side Salad, per serving EE32 R39½ G32

Wetherspoons food under 15 syns;

All values are for EE/O/G

Meatballs with Linguine Pasta, per serving 14½ 18 14½

Pasta Spirals with Chargrilled Vegetables & Sun Dried Tomatoes, per serving 11½ 23½ 11½

BBQ Chicken Salad with Croutons & Dressing, per serving 6 6 16

Crayfish Salad, per serving 8 8

Gammon Steak & Pineapple served with Chips & Dressed Side Salad, per serving 15 15 24½

Lasagne al Forno with Dressed Side Salad, per serving 14 16 14

Chilli Con Carne with Chips, per serving 15½

Five Bean Chilli with Yellow Basmati Rice & Tortilla Chips, per serving 25½

Five Spicy Coated King Prawns, per serving 12

List is not exhaustive :)

Last edited:
I always loved how the Lasagne is less than the chicken and bacon salad with dressing! LOL (17.5 syns apparently!)

It makes you wonder how many syns are in that dressing and the mayo then if it's 32 syns for the tuna jacket! im rather shocked!

Think I might stick with these options then;

Pasta Spirals with Chargrilled Vegetables & Sun Dried Tomatoes, per serving 11½ 23½ 11½

Chilli Con Carne with Chips, per serving 7½ 15½ 7½

Five Bean Chilli with Yellow Basmati Rice & Tortilla Chips, per serving 4½ 25½ 4½

I'm chuffed that normal chilli with chips is only 7.5 syns though! Always avoid chips anywhere, but thats pretty reasonable!

It makes you wonder how many syns are in that dressing and the mayo then if it's 32 syns for the tuna jacket! im rather shocked!

1level tbsp normal mayo is 5 syns, I can see how it would add up.

The 5 bean chilli with tortilla chips works out something like 5syns for the lot so thats what I will be having next time im there :)

I have been tonight and had jacket potato with cheese and beans. It comes with a side salad with a small amount of dressing and the butter was optional as it came in little pots. There was nothing greasy about the potato lol. Counting cheese as a HexA (there didn't seem that much), there would be syns in the salad dressing but pretty good all in all. I usually have the bean chilli - it has always been a favourite as I am vegetarian. However, today, I had cooked chilli for lunch so didn't want to have a similar tea! I sometimes have the 5 bean chilli on a jacket - assuming the 4.5 syns in the bean chilli/rice/tortilla chips meal is mostly the tortilla chips, surely the bean chilli, jacket and salad would be free if you had no butter or dressing? Similarly, jacket, beans and salad with no butter or dressing must also be free!

Back