Wetherspoons

soon2bslimmer77

I was going to go out tonight with the bloke 10 years together today lol how romantic hehe anyway I just read that they deep fry there jacket pots is this true lol hope not what is a better option if they do???? Xxx thank in advance ladies and gents xxx

I was going to go out tonight with the bloke 10 years together today lol how romantic hehe anyway I just read that they deep fry there jacket pots is this true lol hope not what is a better option if they do???? Xxx thank in advance ladies and gents xxx

No, it's a myth that keeps doing the rounds. You can get Wetherspoons nutritional info on syns online or google it.

My consultant even warned us about this in class the other week. I told her i was am urban myth but apparently it has come from head office. I don't see how you can deep fry a jacket spud.

They deff dont deep fry jacket potatos. Worked there for like 3 years and not a deep fried jacket potato in sight ;)

omg please not again HEAD.BANG.WALL

When will this urban myth stop doing the rounds. If anyone believes that wetherspoons deep fry their jacket potatoes, then I suggest you try this little experiement. Get one jacket spud and drop it in a deep fat fryer, if it doesnt explode before ending up on your plate, it will most definately remove a few teeth for you, so make sure you dentist is a good one.

Well just back from the said deep fried jacket place!!!!!! and I can comfirm they definatlydo not deep fry there spuds lol i had gammon egg and jacket was such a good girl lol but then had 2 glasses of rose and come home and opend another bottle as my bloke is going to ireland tomorrow for 2 weeks waaaaaa :-(

Hi the pototoes are deep fried before they get to weatherspoons. The supplier that they buy them from deep frys them then freezes them. Weatherspoons get them frozen then cook them in the microwave. 30 syns for a jacket potato.

No they are not the cant be it is utter bull crap!!!!! they would be all greesy if thet had of been and they are not and the nutritional information on the web site makes them the same as any other baked tater!!!! lol

Confirmation of fhe potatoes came from slimming world head office...deep fried before getting to weatherspoons. As for people saying its crap, go on. eat the potatoes!!!!!

Well I will lol so was is you who emailed head office about the potatos????

Confirmation of fhe potatoes came from slimming world head office...deep fried before getting to weatherspoons. As for people saying its crap, go on. eat the potatoes!!!!!

SW are WRONG about this completely and utterly wrong!!!! And do we know for sure they ARE saying it or is it just Consultants who are passing this nonsense on.

Wetherspoons have been contacted on several occasions by people and the potatoes ARE NOT and NEVER have been fried.

Theyre high in syns due to the fillings NOT the actual potatoes. I cannot believe this story is still doing the rounds its ridiculous

Do you know how a potato would taste if it was deep fried.

Its a MYTH!!!

Sorry but if that were the case syns online would reflect this when in fact it says they are free if taken without butter and dressing.

Hi the pototoes are deep fried before they get to weatherspoons. The supplier that they buy them from deep frys them then freezes them. Weatherspoons get them frozen then cook them in the microwave. 30 syns for a jacket potato.

Wetherspoons has no 'a' in it.

Thank you for clarifying that gettingfitat50 xxx

WELL WELL WELL, I have just recived a reply from slimming world here it is

Dear Kay
Thank you for your email. We have been assured by J D Weatherspoon that they do not deep fry the jacket potatoes and we have based our Syn values on the nutritional information they have provided us with. I hope this helps with your enquiry and wish you every success with your weight loss campaign.
Kind regards
Beverly
Slimming World

Web:
www.slimming-world.com
Slimming World, Clover Nook Road, Somercotes, Alfreton, Derbyshire, DE55 4RF
Slimming World was awarded 6th Best Company to Work For by the Sunday Times in 2004, achieving Best for Leadership and Top 3 for Giving Something Back and has retained its Top 30 position for three consecutive years. In 2006 and 2007, we were awarded top rating Three Star Best Company status.

so nooooo they dont deep fry there spuds lol so go and enjoy!!! xxxx and to the lady who was arumentative the other day ner ner ner!!!! lol

Well tbh if they were deep fried the calorie count on their nutritional info would be more like a zillion!

Can't believe people still think this!! Common sense people!! Xx

Back