What are slim thighs?

Well, I decided to do something radical today. I have one of those fitted long-line tops which I usually wear with black trousers. Well, I put it on today with tights and my high heels. The skirt comes to halfway down my thighs and it looked GOOOOOD!

I think I'll take it on holiday and wear it one evening. Scary though, I might chicken out. I asked my daughter and she said 'go for it, mum".

If slim thighs mean I have to stop crushing men between them then I will have to stop dieting! ;)

:D OOeer Missus, As long as you let him up for air once in a while. :rolleyes:

Just caught up on this.....thin thighs!! What in Sam Hill are they??? Never had 'em, prob never will....

Mine are even more wobbly now than they ever were pre LL. They sort of feel like they flab is dissolving, melting from under the skin, and they've gone all soft ans squishy! OOh Yuk.

I do use my LTT daily though, and my bum is disappearing nicely, thank you very much!! Even hubby likes it now!!! OMG!!!

Ps Just measured my thighs - 24 inches. Wish I had measured them at the start, as no idea how huge they really were then!

I also think my LLc may have got my other pre LL measurements wrong, sincerely! Just put the tape around my hips, chest & waist, at the measurements in my little book & I cannot honestly see how I was that huge. I looks like there was a whole other person in there with me. She did measure me in a bit of a hurry, and I genuinely think she made a mistake.

Or do they have dodgy tape measures to make us seem bigger than we are,and to make us feel good later in our journeys??

Hi Sez
What is your LTT and you use it daily

Thanks

Lateral Thigh Trainer. Cant abide the gym, and all those lycra glad ladies!! Tried Curves but was soooo bored, so bought one of these. I love it, and my husband, who DOES visit the gym 3 times a week for weight training says it is one of the most functional and worthwhile pieces of exercise equipement I have ever bought. (and trust me I have bought loads!!)

I hope this link works!!
VIA TV> Home > Health and Fitness > Lateral Thigh Trainer

The Thigh's the limit - my shrinking legs!

As people are asking about how the inches have come off I thought I'd talk about how much I've lost over the last 5 months (I've been SSing for exactly 5 months and one day) I started off with 30 inch thighs (the horror!) (and the chafing) and I now have 22 inch thighs and I think I may well lose the 2-3 inches in the last three months of my LL journey.

I have walked an awful lot - whilst rarely achieving the 10000 steps a day every day, I do tend to walk about 20 miles a week and cycle about 10 - so I guess I do do the equivalent. I also do Iyengar yoga (it concentrates on the leg strength for the first two years). I really do feel for the first time in my life like my thighs (I KEEP TYPING 'THINGS'!) are actually slim and muscled.

Just caught up on this.....thin thighs!! What in Sam Hill are they??? Never had 'em, prob never will....

Mine are even more wobbly now than they ever were pre LL. They sort of feel like they flab is dissolving, melting from under the skin, and they've gone all soft ans squishy! OOh Yuk.

I do use my LTT daily though, and my bum is disappearing nicely, thank you very much!! Even hubby likes it now!!! OMG!!!

Ha! I have thighs of steel and buns of playdoh! My bum has disappeared and this week it's decided to slide down the tops of my legs - I AM SUING LL!

Hiya Cerulean
You have done well to reduce your thighs it sounds as if you do alot of exercises using your thighs I wish I could reduce mine as mine a really flabby and do need of toning i have a exercise bike wonder if that would reduce and tone thighs up and make them go smaller like yours did how long did it take before you could see the differnce in size and tone . Have you got any tips about reducing thighs. I think I will measure mine i bet mine are very high measurements . But if you can reduce to a 22" from a 30" surelings I can too but i dont do much exercise but to reduce thighs you have to exercise reguarly is this right how long did you exercise for.

Bethany - I guess it works out at about an hour a day three times a week over 5 months with a few weeks off at the start. I love walking so sometimes I do it for 4 hours at a time, every chance I get. I work 4 miles away from where I live and over the last 5 months I have managed to get my walking time from home to work down to just over an hour (when I was 18 st it took me an hour and a half sometimes)

The yoga has really helped a lot - I do that just once a week. I also did a bit of Davina McCall Power of Three DVD at the start when I didn;t want to strut my stuff in public - the leg work in that is great!

For the first 3 months I lost 2 inches a month off each thigh and then for the last two months I have lost one inch a month.

Oh thanks
I wonder if doing any leg exercises will tone up I have one of those things where you squezze between your legs and it is spongey . So to lose inches of your thighs you have to be doing at least a hour a day.
Do you know which is the best leg exercise there is also which is the best and easy exercise d v d for thighs need to do something to tone my thighs.

Hey Bethany
I think any bike exercise will help a lot. At the gym I love the leg press machine (cant remember it's proper name!)
At home I do squats where you start standing, and go down as if you were sitting on a chair and then raise - great for the thighs and the butt. I also do the old classic, lying on the floor on my side, one leg tucked under, the other at full extension and then raise and squeeze! 15 per leg and always in sets of 3.
I also walk and walk and walk. The best 'form' for walking is keep your abdominal lifted, really stand tall and straight and imagine you are walking through mud or water! You don't actually look as weird as this sounds(!) but you will definitely be making the muscle work harder for you, and it will make a big difference.
I'm going to do some yogalates today for the first time! :D

Hey

Can anyone recommend any exercises to tone up my legs?
Mainly my thighs and calves!!
Does anyone know how i can lose weight off my calves!

This seems to be a desperate point for me so if anyone can give me any advice i would be very grateful!!!:)

Hi Tiger Girl
Thanks ever so much for your advise its just getting motivated doing them I know the old fashioned side leg raises and there is another one for bottom it is called seat walking where you sit out in front with legs straight then you seem to walk on your bottom then another one is rolling side to side these are a few more ive thought about what do you think to these have you lost weight and toned up your thighs and bottom what diet are you following

Love this thread, and has been something I have thought of, but dare not ask.

If anybody watched how to look good naked, the wome thought she had fat legs and wore tights every day come rain or shine and even had a special pair for sex!

Anyway, Gok made her put herself in line and said the ladies in the line up had lovely generous legs of 27 " down to a trim 22 ".

When I started LL my theighs were 27.2" and are now 23". Not sure will get down to the perfect 19" that's been discussed,.

As for my calfs, agree with an earlier post that always been big due to too much sport, but even they have decreased (however to my eyes look the same!!!). Started at 16.5" and now 15".

Hope that helps. Also maybe need to dust of my LTT and get my wobbly legs on

Sam :rotflmao:

Where do you measure you thighs? Is it at the widest point?

Dizzy x

Hi Loobyloo,

One of the best things for toning up legs and bum is Spinning or RPM classes.

Inspite of being a 'big girl' I have nicely toned legs and bum - I have great muscle definition in my thighs - its just a pity that the layer of fat makes them so difficult to see - but they are there and I can see them - if I hold my head to one side and stand by a window in a well lit room!!! :D:D:D:D.

But seriously - Spinning is worth a go. It also tones up arms and is good for the tum.

I LOVE this thread! Well done Cerulean for kicking off the pins debate!

I have yet to measure my thighs but here are my tips for getting toned legs.

1 - The Bodydoctor (Bodydoctor Fitness - Fitness, Slimming, Training and Weight loss programmes) is the only gym regime that worked for me. Still have not made it to the gym since starting LL but when I was trying to get down from almost 17 stone, BD was the business.

2 - walking. I have walked more than 10,000 steps for at least 5 out of 7 days a week.

3 - MBTs (MBT :: HOME) - the ugliest shoes and NOT cheap but absolutely the business when it comes to shaping legs. Available from shops like SweatyBetty but cheapest from sites like Love Those Shoes (Love Those Shoes - Earth Negative Heel Shoes, Power Diet Weight Shoes, Beech Stretch Sandals, Gurkee Rope Sandals, Crocs - Posture Correcting, Cellulite Reducing Shoes). Love Those Shoes also has some alternatives to MBTs but I haven't tried them so can't speak from personal experience.

Hope this is useful.

Mrs L xxxxxx

Back