Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

What are slim thighs?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Cerulean, 6 June 2007 Social URL.

1. Cerulean

Cerulean Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.67%)
    Diet:
    CD Step 5/Low GI
    Hello everyone. I remember when I was a normal weight that I always felt like my legs were like tree trunks - I know what a thin body is in terms of measurements for me - I look perfect at about 36, 27, 36 (and I'm very close to that now), but I have no idea what thin thighs measure and nowhere I've googled has a satisfactory answer! So my question to you is what do thin thighs measure?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. katie_oxo

katie_oxo Silver Member

LOL Sarah I wish I could measure mine and it be of any use .... maybe in a few more months.

Good question though, I've no idea what a 'slim thigh' is.

Cath

4. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    Erm......let me see........no.......err........erm.......sorry I cant help I aint had thin thighs for so many years, I cant remember

5. Goombagirl

Goombagirl Full Member

When I was at school (more than 25 years ago now:eek:) someone had a magazine article which dealt with "the perfect leg" (?). According to the article (if I remember correctly) the thigh should be 19 inches, calf 12 or 13 and not sure about the ankle - about 7? We all spent a lunch hour measuring our legs. For some reason this has stuck in my mind, probably because my thighs were the "correct" size then and I felt relieved. I have no idea what they measure now and do not intend to find out!! This just shows that the body image obsessions of teenage girls are not a recent development.

6. Cerulean

Cerulean Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.67%)
    Diet:
    CD Step 5/Low GI
    That does seem about right, and my thighs feel like they might just get to that - but my calves are still 16.5 (too much ballet and hockey at school!) I've barely lost an inch off my calves since I started - but the lady who did my contour wrap said that I had very muscular calves. Damnit! I am starting to look waiflike from the bottom up, but I still have calves like a footballer!

7. Cerulean

Cerulean Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.67%)
    Diet:
    CD Step 5/Low GI
    Aha! I have found a message board in the states - a size 0 girl has 17 inch thighs and then it goes up about an inch per size - it appears that 21 ins would be about a UK size 10-12 20 an 8-10 19 a 6-8 and 18 a 4-6

8. RED

RED Full Member

HMMMMM...cant help u on this one...dont think ive ever had em!! lol

9. Redpam

Redpam Living the Life

Start Weight:
    0st0lb
    Current Weight:
    0st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(NAN%)
    In the 60s a famous fashion photographer said the perfect measurement for a woman's thighs was 19". I think it may have been Bailey. I know that although I was very slim at the time my thighs measured 21" and I felt very fat. lol

What I would not give for 21" thighs now.

10. Tiger Girl

Tiger Girl Full Member

Ooh love this thread!!
    Mine are currently 22"...I've lost 5" per thigh since I started!!!!
    Definitely feeling like I'm getting my pins back. It's nice to have an idea around 'normal' slim thigh size :D

11. Allan G

Allan G Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    :rolleyes: Ones you can wrap round a fella`s neck without crushing him. :D

12. Pixie

Pixie Silver Member

Mine are 21 inches right at the top and I am a size 10-12 they will never be 19 inches though :(

13. AngieBabie

AngieBabie Silver Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life/Cambridge
    I always remember an article on Sue Pollard many moons ago, where she won the perfect pins award for that year. Her thighs measured 19 inches, I remember this so vividly because I was 19 years old at the time (very inmpressionable) and dieted hard and measured my legs for a full 2 months to try and make that 19 inches, oh the foolish actions of youth! Angela x

14. jane

jane Opinionated

Diet:
    cambridge
    Fascinating thread.
    Can't imagine my thighs would ever be 'normal' even if the rest of me were skin & bone.

Pear shaped women just need to be kept away from numbers like this ....it' not good for moral

15. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi
    I dont know either what slim thighs are tiger girl did you do any thigh exercises to lose 5" of your thighs did you used to have big thighs . Mines just lose flab wanting to melt away but it does not seem to work I want slim thighs it will be nice but how long does it take to solve the problem

16. pandora

pandora finding my way again !

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    naughty ;)

17. AmandaJayne

AmandaJayne Trainee Maintainer

I just happened to have a tape measure next to me when reading this thread (decorating) so measured my thighs.

19 and a half inches. Calf is 15 and a half, ankle 8 and a half. I know that I have lost a lot of inches from my thighs and I wish I had measured them before starting LL. They don't rub against each other any more, in fact there is a gap between them. I sometimes feel that there is 'something missing' when walking. I don't miss the soreness and chafing though.

18. pandora

pandora finding my way again !

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    my thighs are 22", which by the example given on here makes my leg a 12-14, i allways said it was my stomach preventing me being a 14 :cry:

19. Kate

Kate CDC/PT/PITA

If slim thighs mean I have to stop crushing men between them then I will have to stop dieting! ;)

20. AmandaJayne

AmandaJayne Trainee Maintainer

"If slim thighs mean I have to stop crushing men between them then I will have to stop dieting"

Oh no Kate, there's no need to, you'll just have to use a bit of imagination!!!;)

21. Tiger Girl

Tiger Girl Full Member

Hi Bethany
    In answer to your question 'how have you lost 5" per thigh', I think it's 2 things;
    - basic body shape. When I was slim, I was lucky enough to have pretty good pins. I'm almost 5ft 8 and have a large frame. It's weird seeing my shape come back again. I'm not pear shaped, a bit curvy but when I was slim I looked pretty 'sporty' (oh I'll be there again soon!!), and have always been a B/C bra cup size. So genetically, I'm certain I will have 19" thighs when I'm done :D

- exercise. I have always done loads of leg exercises since I started. And particularly on the thigh area.

So the pins are starting to get there! The tum on the other hand...well lets not go there! I do abs every night in the vain hope that a miracle will occur.
    :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.