What are the chances of getting pregnant on the mirena coil?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by blue_grapefruit, 8 March 2008 Social URL.

1. blue_grapefruit

blue_grapefruit Gold Member

Bit of a nightmare yesterday, wasn't going to mention it but i can't sleep....

I don't have periods, haven't had one in about 2 years - APART FROM day 5 SS on my first ever CD week. Last night i had the feeling of "dampness" and was shocked to find huge clots (and i mean huge). I'd been spotting the day before, and had huge cramps in the night which were way worse than any normal periody cramps..

Not amused, slightly worried and a tad upset xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. cddieter

cddieter Member

hiya, i've had mirena for 3 years now and very rarely have periods, sometimes spotting though. i think if you are worried you should go and have it checked by your nurse.
    it's nice not to have periods as i was put on it because of very heavy periods.
    i wouldn't be too worried though.

ttfn

4. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    I had a mirena for 10 years straight (one after another) and rarely had periods. I've had my most recent one removed and won't be going back to hormonal birth control though ... had enough of the effects it has on me.

If a mirena is correctly in place and not shifted or anything then its reliability is on par with sterilisation ... but if you're in the slightest bit worried, go and see your GP. When we lose a lot of weight, things can change 'inside' too so it might be an idea just to get things checked and put your mind at ease.

5. lizzie0310

lizzie0310 Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st8lb
    Current Weight:
    22st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    21st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.27%)
    Diet:
    Charles Clark
    Im exactly the same as you, i started cd again and on day 3 my peroid came, same thing has happened each time ive started CD (4 times now!)

i presumed it was maybe something to do with weightloss. ive had my mirena coil in for nearly 3 weeks and had spotting since then but now ive got the clots aswell tho i presumed it was just because of peroid.

speak to your dr if youre at all worried, hope youre ok

ps i was told as long as coil was in the right place etc it was 98% effective

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.