What are we looking forward to do when we are thin?

I went in Primark to have a look

was like a load of dusters in the making, as my Mother says
very poor quality, although the swimsuits can be good

and if you can get the cheap jumpers to fit, they can be a good staple, as are the jeans...

Well none of it is brilliant quality, but to be honest most more expensive places seem to have the same low level quality but charge £20 - £30 for a pair of jeans/jumper/whatever instead of the under a tenner Primark equivalent!

If I was gonna buy something lasting though that I knew I would wear all the time I wouldn't go there.

Well, I went from there to m&s today, and per una
I suppose it'll last but is 3 x times the price

i dont think im going to come on this forum anymore, really no need for all this backbiting :( i know its nothing to do with me but life is too bl@@dy hard and short for all this behaviour and i dont really want to see it when i come on here..this forum is supposed to be for advise and support for one another, not slagging one another off!! i hate it

h x :(

Sorry you feel that way, but let's face it:-

1) over the entire set of exante threads everyone's actually pretty damn reasonable and very encouraging;
2) other fora are worse;
3) when writing or reading on a forum one does not have the benefit of voice inflection or facial expression, so it's an occupational hazard that things sometimes get taken out of context;
5) Human nature dictates that where large bunch of people are together expressing opinions, not everyone's going to get on, all the time. That counts for the office, the pub, the Guardian letters page, and even here...
4) Given the conditions under which we choose to diet, it's not unusual that some of us are a bit cranky, occasionally. Jesus wept, I'm more guilty of that than most... You can tell - sometimes my posts get a bit... blunt.

If everyone was nice to each other all the time, I'd wonder what planet you were all on - it would certainly not be reflective of real life, real people's emotional states, and real people's difficulties. That would make me run for the hills...

So in short, let's keep things in perspective, shall we? It's just a forum. And a few snipes on one solitary thread do not a bad atmosphere make. ;) :)

Well, I went from there to m&s today, and per una
I suppose it'll last but is 3 x times the price

Well, that's kinda the point of Primark, really. They're not actually meant to last. They meant to be bought on a cheapy whim, worn only for as long as the colour/design/fad is in season, and then rendered dusterworthy. And you go back and get the lastest fashionable whatsit.

that's why their stock changes at least monthly *Oooh look! an exciting shiny new thing! It's only a tenner!* Totally different business model from M&S, which has it's uses (great shirts BTW), but a completely different customer base.

I aspire to Primark tat. *sigh*.

So in short, let's keep things in perspective, shall we? It's just a forum. And a few snipes on one solitary thread do not a bad atmosphere make.

everyones entitled to their opinions...thats yours not mine.

Fair enough - it is mine, and I'm also quite entitled to express it too! :)

But in any event, you came back, and took the trouble to post.

Have a pleasant evening. :)

i dont think im going to come on this forum anymore, really no need for all this backbiting :( i know its nothing to do with me but life is too bl@@dy hard and short for all this behaviour and i dont really want to see it when i come on here..this forum is supposed to be for advise and support for one another, not slagging one another off!! i hate it

h x :(

Please dont feel that way some of us are really nice on here and looking at your profile your are a inspiration to all of us on here ..sorry people have made you feel like that but please dont leave forum stay and enjoy sharing like i do :wave_cry::):p

i do agree though life would be boring if everyone agreed with each other but lets not all fall out were all in same boat

People don't get on sometimes.

*shrugs*

That's life - deal with it.

I suspect that if Maggie and TT actually met in real life they would get on rather well, as they both appear to have the same kind of slightly off-kilter sense of humour. :) (Well I know Maggie has, and that's how TT comes across too)

But in the meantime if they want to have a snipe at each other that's fine, doesn't bother me at all, not my problem.

As long as they both know that if they start on me I will fight back........:whoopass: :D

Back to the subject in hand eh?

I am looking forward to nights out where people who haven't seen me for a while will tell me how good I am looking.........:kissass:

Incidentally, for cheap jeans and "office" clothes thay may only be required for a short time you can't do much better than the supermarkets.

I find Asda jeans especially to be a really nice fit on me usually and the cheapest ones are only £4....... probly made by little children in sweatshops somewhere in the Pacific Rim mind, but still £4 is £4 right? :D

Tescos and Sainsburys both do basic ranges for about the same price too (although I find Tescos tend to be a bit tight on the waist on me)

i think its to be expected when a bunch of people who have given up eating get together! I may have murdered my husband by the time Im through with this diet :D

probly made by little children in sweatshops somewhere in the Pacific Rim mind, but still £4 is £4 right? :D

Most clothes that are loads more expensive are probably still made by the same kids in sweat shops - but at least Asda and the like have the decency to pass the savings onto their customers!!

Haven't been able to get into supermarket stuff for a while, so gave up trying. But might give them a go again next time I'm passing... Thanks for the reminder :)

Tesco have a "larger ladies" section that does sizes 16-32. Not a huge amount of choice but at least it's there.........

Asda's jeans go up to about a 28, some of their "work" type pants go up to 26 but for some reason their tops stop at a 24 (and only a few of the styles go that big).

Matalan are quite good for cheap stuff in a reasnoable range of sizes (they have a big girls bit too) too if you have one nearby.

Oooh - tescos have expanded their range then. Found their build quality a bit iffy in the past (it all seems to have been mostly made out of really thin t-shirt fabric - to describe it as 'jersey' was a stretch of the imagination...), but when I next get to a big Tesco, I'll have another look.

Have always been a bit of a fan of Asda undies, as it happens. Was also glad when Rogers+Rogers moved their range to Matalan. Was sad to see the Rogers shops go, but glad the label lived on a bit...

Pooh to living in the sticks, though! I WANT A CITY BACK..... ;)

I had a look in new look(cheap nasty stuff), warehouse(same but expensive)wallis was better, monsoon were daft prices, river island were small sizing
dorothy Perkins didn't have anything nice at all in
trousers
asda and tescos here I come

d R E S S

D-ress

no, doesn't compute

;D

Back