What are we looking forward to do when we are thin?

I've got no idea. I've never been thin.

OK, I've been thinner than I have now to a greater ot lesser extent, and being big never really stopped me doing anything before (possibly apart from skydiving, but I'm far to busy at the mo. ;))

Not on a downer or anything, but when these coversations come round and people discuss their fat vs. thin experiences, I have absolutely nothing to compare my 'fat' experiences to, as for me that's all been 'normal' and my everyday existence. I've always just been 'me'.

I suppose I'd like to get back into my fencing jacket, but havn't found a club round here anyway, so it's kinda immaterial.

When any club/group/hypnosis CD says 'Imagine your thin self...' errr... I actually can't. Genuinely. :confused:
How about I offer you a thousand quid, can you imagine yourself thin then, just imagine it, go on, for a thousand quid, I dare you. Or are you chicken ???

Tell me if I'm annoying you.

TT

I have to admit my motivation is that I am a bridesmaid at my friends wedding and don't want to be the person that ruins the photos! However I do want to do this for me and to be able to be more active and get control over my eating habits!

Being able to go to my GP and being told I no longer need to take tablets for hypertension.
Being able to sit on other peoples camping chairs and not worry that I may break them.
Being able to sit on the grass/beach and not worry how (or if) I will get up again.
Being able to wear a swimming costume and go swimming.
Being able to stand for more than 10 minutes before my lower back muscles make me have to sit down.
Being able to go into a restaurant/cafe and not worry about where I need to sit to
not have my chair in someone elses way and be able to exit easily.
Being able to ride my bicycle and not worry that the rear tyre will be flat after 5 minutes.
Being able to dress up and feel like I'm dressed up.

I am sure I will add much more to this list as I keep thinking...;)

Love Myr xxx

1)Hopefully have less back pain. And when i go to the docs about it not having them looking at me like its all my fault because of my weight.
2)Want to get nice bras that don't have straps like bungie cord.
3)Want to stop continually pulling at my clothes to hide the fat bits.
4)Would like to go on a night out without falling out with my clothes and stomping about the house as everything makes me look fat, when really its just me that makes me look fat........not for much longer:fingerscrossed:

I am looking forward to shopping anywhere I like :). To doing more things with my kids cycling, running, trampolining, rollerskating!

How about I offer you a thousand quid, can you imagine yourself thin then, just imagine it, go on, for a thousand quid, I dare you. Or are you chicken ???

Tell me if I'm annoying you.

TT
Would be delighted to, but I have no idea what *thin* is, or (even more importantly, from an imagination standpoint) what it *feels* like.

I could probably rustle up an image of my head stuck on someone else's body, but that's not imagining *me*, is it?

it's got nothing to do with 'daring' or being 'chicken', it's just a concept I've had no first-hand experience of, so how the hell would I know what it feels like?? :confused:. It's the biggest nonsense concept in 'self-help'. It's like asking someone who has never been near a pool or the sea what it's like to swim. they wouldn't know, either. They might be able to repeat someone else's description of swimming, but they wouldn't *know* for themselves.

In fact, I'd be delighted to have that as some sort of impetus, but I can't draw on an experience I've never had.

No idea what I'll do when I'm thin, lol

Mush I wanted add that I lost my first baby, he was born still after that it took me well over a year to conciev and then I only did with the help of a herbal supplement - both my two have needed the help of vitex, I saw a consultant who told me to lose 8 stone then come back - but in the end I took vitex and now have 2 monsters :)

It will happen for you, it just takes a while some times

Im just looking forward to living and not hiding myself away all the time.

"4)Would like to go on a night out without falling out with my clothes and stomping about the house as everything makes me look fat, when really its just me that makes me look fat........not for much longer"

Thats so true! You can only blame your clothes for so much........lol

life too short to not enjoy the body you are blessed with

ok heres my list:
to feel confidence in how i look again in all aspects of my life
to get back into my smaller clothes
to fit into my pvc jeans again for erotica this year
to run better and easier with less weight flopping about
to feel happy!

h x

unfortunately I don;t agree
exante diet has finally put the control firmly in MY hands now, and I can gain confidence and health (which I am already reaping after losing 29lbs)

or are you just playing lip service to a saying?
otherwise you wouldn't be dieting?
:banghead:

wow

I actually agree a lot with what Miss D says. When I wrote previously on this thread I actually based that on being slimmer than what I am now and how things once were. But in all honesty I too have no conception of actually being 'thin' or ideal weight as ALL my life I have been overweight. :cry:

Love Myr xxx

Life too short to not enjoy the body you are blessed with

I think that perhaps Charley was meaning that for herself she would like to enjoy the fact that she was blessed (born) with having a body and that she would like to enjoy it and living more rather than to hide herself away? ;)

Love Myr xxx

Hello chuck,

I'm sorry you feel that way about the first, but I wholeheartedly agree with the second. I think peeps had not read your comments in context.

Personally, there's nothing wrong with living life to it's fullest extent, while simultaneously recognising you need to make a positive change about your life for the better.

Choosing to diet is not necessarily a recognition that there is something 'wrong' with you, but perhaps one might want to improve.

or are you just playing lip service to a saying?
otherwise you wouldn't be dieting?
:banghead:

With much love and respect, Maggie, that was a bit harsh! (Esp the ' :banghead: '). We all feel differently about this and our current state of being. We all have different reasons to diet - they don't all stem from self-loathing. Some of them may stem from 'self-liking', and wanting better for ourselves. Personally, for me, I *do* believe in living it large, even while large (!), otherwise it's an opportunity (and probably a large chunk of one's life) wasted. Maybe I 'shouldn't' diet either! ;)

Maybe I read it differently to how it was meant?

Unfortunatly it's not the 1st time we've had a backhanded slur from another part of this diet forum against the exante diet, and therefore what we have managed to acheive

having such a seemingly profound quote against slimming in general
"be happy with what you've got" when I was borderline diabetic, hypertensive and unhappy with the various pains in my back before I started, so although you now point out I misquoted charley
I stand by what I said in the context I saw it in

If you feel it's a backhanded slur, just ignore it, and rise above it! if it's an obvious slur, then deal with it. ;) Can't see how it was either though...

Besides, it's not 'a quote against slimming' just a quote against putting your entire life and attempts and happiness on hold until some point in the future when things are somehow 'fixed' (which said quoter appears to be doing, sadly). There's no harm in being happy/grateful/accepting with what you've got, but still wanting better.

However don't take these things so personally! It's only a forum. :)

Last edited:
Oh I don't Miss D
I may be rant of the finger region
but I am " meh" inside

I suppose I am feeling evangelical after the weigh in this am
never had a diet go so well
I was smiling until lunchtime

Fair enough! hugest congrats on the new loss. Evangelical's good. :)

Back