What are we looking forward to do when we are thin?

Have a look in my profile pics or on facebook.

I had a wardrobe rifle this morning, and tried on my fave 80s party dress that I've kept all these years cos it's so flattering.

Not been able to fit in it for around 20 years now...........:eek:

I'll catch up with the facebookery in a bit.

I have a fine collection of frocks, me. Some of them are now on ebay....

Have a look in my profile pics or on facebook.

I had a wardrobe rifle this morning, and tried on my fave 80s party dress that I've kept all these years cos it's so flattering.

Not been able to fit in it for around 20 years now...........:eek:

Is deeply jealous and wishing that a 2st loss had that much of an effect on me!

Nice one. :cool:

*Bounce* to the top

For the Newbies
We did this when we started, and some of us have got what we wanted

All because of sticking to the diet
I can safely say I don't get pain in my back when I get up now
I don't snore (OH says I stopped very quickly-maybe is was also wheat intolerance related too?)
er

I will have to look back on more of my posts

I got one Mrs R wanted-my legs don't rub together, in fact today on a lunchtime walk out, my legs felt quite bandy & I didn't feel right, like a dodgy puppets legs :D :D

Haha Magggie :) Good for you! I've been looking through old photos today and ave been fat for at least the last 15 years...why have I done nothing about it until now? I have not enjoyed some of the best years of my life because of my weight :(

No point dwelling Mrs R. What's done is done, at least you're having a proper go now.

I've been fat all my life, so don't know any different. But I look back on kiddie photos, and curiously I was not actually that huge by today's standards...

Haha Magggie :) Good for you! I've been looking through old photos today and ave been fat for at least the last 15 years...why have I done nothing about it until now? I have not enjoyed some of the best years of my life because of my weight :(

That's a shame. :( I reckon I have been obese for about 20 years now, but I have to say it hasn't stopped me getting out there and enjoying life. Especially in the last 10 years or so since the Idle Son got big enough to a) be trusted on his own at home for a few hours and b) leave home eventually!

My sensible want is to go to the doctors for an MOT and have every single figure in the healthy range.

My vain and frivolous want is to be the woman in the locker room or the gym or the hot tub whose body the other girls wish they had! I do a lot of looking and envying - I would so like the boot to be on the other foot.

Oooh, well, let me think...

To be described as "the clever/witty/professional etc one" instead of "you know, the fat one"

To approach garden furniture and motel baths/showers without fearing the consequences of lowering myself onto such flimsy fabric.

To not snore loud enough to wake the neighbours.

To be able to go to the GP with all those niggly symptoms knowing that he can't start with "well of course, you are morbidly obese so you have to expect..." - or, just imagine, NOT having the niggly symptoms.

To be able to say I don't want to go up Snowdon because I really don't want to rather than it being assumed that it's because I'd probably need oxygen (yes, sponsored PTA events, this is about you)

To go horse-riding again.

Oh and to wear ****-me high heels instead of sensible shoes.

As for the wasting 15 years bit....yes I've still had a fantastic amount of fun including naturist holidays, getting my motorbike license and so on and there has been no shortage of men :) BUT wouldn't a bike rally be sooooo much more fun rolling out of the tent in the morning and into a teeny top and shorts instead of wrestling flab into heavy jeans and lugging around long tops to cover the immense buttocks.

As for the wasting 15 years bit....yes I've still had a fantastic amount of fun including naturist holidays, getting my motorbike license and so on and there has been no shortage of men :) BUT wouldn't a bike rally be sooooo much more fun rolling out of the tent in the morning and into a teeny top and shorts instead of wrestling flab into heavy jeans and lugging around long tops to cover the immense buttocks.

and have aboogie around at the front of the band without feeling self concious :eek:

1) I'm looking forward to being able to walk for more than 5 minutes without getting out of breathe like i do now! :eek:

2) Being able to walk down the street with my head up and not down trying to hide in embarrassment. :cry:

3) Going clothes shopping and buying clothes i really want! and not ugly tent clothes lol! :p

4) Accepting all invitations out somewhere and not avoiding any invitations out with friends because i'm having a bad day with my confidence.

5) Running around with my neice and nephew. :)

6) Giving college another go, or maybe an apprenticeship.

Most of all ...

I'm looking forward to actually having a life. I'm looking forward to living and not just existing. I spend every day at home because of my weight and confidence issues. I have the rare day out with friends and i go from the front door to the car to see my dad once a week and that's all. I can't wait to actually start living!

:bliss:

I want to be able to fit into 'normal' size clothes and I want to be able to go on roller coasters without being terrified that the bar won't go down or they'll break!
I want to be able to sit on garden chairs without feeling like they're bucking under my weight!! All the health benefits will be good too, I'm lucky enough not to have any medical problems but I'm guessing if I stayed at ths weight then I would :)

I've been off work for a few months recovering from burnout, when I left I was 14 stone, pale and haggard and looked really awful, my uniform was straining at the seams and I looked about 100. I'm going back at the end of June and I hope to be 11 stone by then. I'm planning on getting my hair styled and having a dermabrasion treatment so when I go back in on the first day I will be unrecognisable - can't wait to see their faces :D

Back