What do we all do for a living?

I'm a temp. teaching assistant, covering as & where I'm needed. In September I start my full time PGCE at Plymouth Uni to teach primary :)

jobs

im a part time health care worker in a residential / nursing home and cant say i particularly enjoy it - im looking forward to finishing to go on mat leave in cpl weeks .
also currently training in make up, beauty therapy and eyelash extensions as i hope to offer bridal makeup and beauty services and be in a position to either reduce or give up my hours at the nursing home once mat leave has finished,lol

I work full time as a Insurance Broker in the City (London) I insure Football Agents, Footballers (there legs and things) and big academic hospitals in Holland. Then at the weekend, friday night, saturday day and night I drive a black taxi! busy girl I am. x

There's a shop on most high streets called 'lush', they sell natural, yummy smelly soaps etc. Honey OC manages it :)

Oh and honeyOC, send me some SnowFairy :D

LOL!! Thanks for explaining Allie! I wish I had some snowfairy to send you but it's only a Christmas special :( We do a yummy year round soap that smells just like snow fairy though, it's called Godmother. Geddit? Snow fairy.... Godmother.... Fairy Godmother? :D :D :D

I work in a call centre giving out public transport info. You need a bus in west yorkshire I'm your girl :D

I read this quickly and i read it as "I work as a call girl" i nearly choked on my pineapple.

I am an administrator in a secondary school with lots of looney kids.
Teachers dump so much crap on us its unbelieveable.

my hubby is a SAHD but will hopefully be working in a care home part time once youngest starts reception full time.

What a great thread, i am at uni doing a nursing degree, cant wait to qualify! its so tiring and really stressful at times but it is really very rewarding and i wouldnt change if for the world, love it xxx

After 10 years working in the Post Office the last two years as a Manager I gave up and am not a Support Worker, working one to one with a man who has Autism and I love it!

Hi, I'm a staff nurse on a cardio-thoracic intensive care unit, mainly looking after patients straight out of theatre following their open heart surgery; bypass grafts, valve replacements, aortic aneurysm repairs, things like that, and also people who have undergone lung operations. It's 1 to 1 nursing on the whole and it's unbelievable how busy you can be with just one patient!! I do love my job, it's very interesting and rewarding but can be very stressful at the same time!! I can't believe I'm typing this with just 4 1/2 hours before I have to get up for work (a double shift on a Sunday....I think I'm in denial!!!)X

Heather!! GO TO BED! No-one wants you falling asleep in hand over :4635:

Haha!! I love it! I'm a total insomniac!! You wait til you've been working shifts for 14 years Allie!! You'll be a part of the 'walking zombie club' too!!X

At least doing shifts like that you cant get bored and eat all the time!!! definatly lots of different jobs floating around on here!

I am a chartered accountant. Have recently qualified after doing a 3 year training contract in Audit and now work as a financial accountant for a company that manufacture big bits of metal and then sell them to make aeroplanes!

I am also a dance teacher working at my Aunts dance school on a Saturday, and some evenings. Would love to cut back on my hours as an accountant to start my own dance school but there seem to be obstacles at every turn!

xx

I'm currently a student teacher, training in primary. It's been a really hard year, my social life is non existent and sometimes I wonder why on earth I'm doing it - but then as soon I'm in the classroom with the children it's totally worth it!

Been on the job hunt for a while now, applied for lots of posts and not heard anything and I was starting to feel fed up about it. Today I found out I've finally got myself an interview at a brilliant school - can't believe I got shortlisted because the school will have attracted lots of applicants as it's one of the best in the area so to get to the interview stage feels amazing! :D

Im a Psychiatric Administrator for an psychiatric inpatient unit Monday to Friday. On two Saturday's and Sunday's a month im a Trackday Marshal for a trackday company.

I work as a home insurance claims handler out of hours. So basically if you have an emergency after 5pm with your home, you are more than likely to come through to my office as we deal with over 200 insurers! I hate it! Policy holders are sooooo rude! haha

xxx

Back