What do you do at work?

Felix

Gold Member
Hi everyone :) I am going to place my first order soon and start in a week or so (whenever all the Christmas food has gone!!). I am used to doing Cambridge and have always had the pre-mixed shake cartons they sell, and they were perfect for work as they are quite discreet and I am quite embarrassed about following a VLCD because I know people will ask questions and be very disapproving about it (silly I know I shouldn't care what anyone thinks!!). I'm not keen on mixing up a powder shake at work. Should I order some soups or do you have to blend them to be nice? Or stick to bars for lunch?

Anyone else have this problem?

I know what u mean... I always fail on vlcd so going back into work and doing it again, I wanna keep it kind of to myself. Get a shaker.... Mix up the sachet in the shaker n go for a walk and have it then. Soups are ok too... Put It in a mug and u have a cuppa soup. Xxx

soups and bars are the least noticeable, you can pretend its a cuppa soup and generally noone questions it, and they mix up fine with hot water, just add it slowly whilst stirring.
the shakes look most suspicious in their shaker bottles, possibly shake and decant into a cup.
If anyone questions it, I would pretend that you just have small lunches and eat 'normally' for breakfast and tea. people dont understand it usually and get shocked by how little food the diet involves.

Thanks for the replies, I'm going to try some soups and bars for lunch then. Never even thought its just like a cuppa soup really!

I'm expecting everyone to feel sorry for me now

But I work in mcdonalds!!! And we get free meals on shift!!!
I have 5 days off now and am starting today so hopefully I will be in ketosis before my next shift and I can watch everyone eating sausage and egg mcmuffins while being perfectly happy with my bar.

I start at 6am so think I may just do water in the morning, a bar in my break at 8 am, make up a shake in work about 1pm and then have my meal with the family at 6 and a soup or another shake before bed x x x

Ooh, that's tough! Luckily I'm not keen on Maccy D's since I got really ill after a 1/4lber with cheese last year, I've not eaten a burger there since and only had chicken twice :) But its going to take a lot of will power not to cave in so Good Luck!

I think it will be better just to stay off it altogether. Once I'm in the zone it won't bother me. It's just the first few times I think x

In response to the title, my answer is...as little as possible whilst looking both efficient and busy lol

I don't like the soups so I tend to have a bar at work and if anyone asks i just tell a porky and say its a cereal bar.

I work in food too and its hard, you get used to being around food all day but then when you're hungry it looks very inviting! luckily I work in a bakery/deli and there are lots of delicious healthy options, I can make up an amazing mixed salad all for free, theres olives too which we can have

Very lucky for you. I would love that. x

Don't say that too soon. I'm on day one and haven't got work until day 6 x x x

By day 6 you'll be in the zone and gone through a very unpleasant time to get to ketosis, just remember the horridness when you feel like caving!

That's what I'm hoping. Hopefully I get into ketosis before the weekend when the bf is home from work and I have to make breakfast and lunch too x x x

I used to have my protein (chicken breast or salmon) OR eat my bar. I work in a school and it was easy I suppose x

eugh Im back to work from few days off whilst doing day 1, will see how I go! have coffee on tap at work too, will be my saviour!

Well I work 12 hour nights so I have to have my main meal at work of a food pack and a shake at some point also. I get 'what's that?' 'Ew' 'what are you doing stupid diets like that for!'
'Here , have some cheesecake' etc Etc etc, I jst have to stick to my guns because I know all the cynics will be asking me where I got the food packs from when I've lost loadsa weight :D

Yeah I had that last night. Family come over and wanted a take away. I said I didn't want to eat and they were all "start tomorrow" "you have to eat something" so annoying. I want to do this now x

Back