what do you put on toast?

lol i like toast very much but just looking for a syn free/low syn topping.

when everyone is having beans or egg for example do you not put putter or somthing on it before hand to take away the dryness?
is philly light one of our HEB?

allthe ideas sound fab though does anyone know how to make poached egg without wasting six eggs? lol

I find that scrambled egg is moist enough without anything else on the toast. And although I never eat baked beans, from what I have seen of them (from as far away as possible!) they are also very wet.

I use a thin layer fat free fromage frais and then marmite etc, it doesnt really have a flavour so takes away the 'dryness' without ruining the flavour of the other topping xx

I have 2 fried eggs on toast every morning, which includes marg. If I don't want marg I'll have beans so the toast isn't dry.

I used to love loads of butter on my warburtons white toastie loaf toast but now 3 weeks into sw I really dont think I could eat that! I like to have either marmite with tomato & cucumber or laughing cow light with cucumber & loads of black pepper. Scrambled eggs is another favourite.

I have 2 fried eggs on toast every morning, which includes marg. If I don't want marg I'll have beans so the toast isn't dry.

Yeahhhhhh - Im going to have this tomorrow - yum yum

I used to love loads of butter on my warburtons white toastie loaf toast but now 3 weeks into sw I really dont think I could eat that! I like to have either marmite with tomato & cucumber or laughing cow light with cucumber & loads of black pepper. Scrambled eggs is another favourite.

OMG this is soooooooo me!!!! I love love love Warburtons with lashings of butter oozing through it ......... oh Im craving it now!! Can't keep hunger at bay today!! Appetite is insatiable today - trying to stick to the superfree but looking forward to spag bol for tea! :)

I put on butter and strawberry jam. (or any jam) Then I dip it in poached egg. Hmmm. Made me hungry, just now.

I use 2 tsp low fat marg before putting my Marmite on.

I put on butter and strawberry jam. (or any jam) Then I dip it in poached egg. Hmmm. Made me hungry, just now.

Butter Jam & poached egg on the same slice - reallly?????? :confused:
Cannot comprehend what that tastes like lol

Its got to be beans and egg :) In fact I may have this tomorrow morning even though its a week day! My only problem is leaving the house so early I usually have breakfast when I get to work......mmmm I'll weigh up my options!

oh thanks so much for all your replies, that is great to hear all the different combinations - what type of low fat spread does everyone use? thanks

I really fancy something breakfasty now. Never eat a cooked breakfast, just a yoghurt at my desk with fruit but I'm going to try and get up extra early tomorrow for some scrambled egg and mushrooms on toast.

oh thanks so much for all your replies, that is great to hear all the different combinations - what type of low fat spread does everyone use? thanks

I use Pro Activ light but only cos it *was* the healthiest thing around when I started using it years ago, even tho it cost a fortune at the time. I keep meaning to ask what the best one around is these days that preferably isn't too revolting...

ermintrude said:
I use Pro Activ light but only cos it *was* the healthiest thing around when I started using it years ago, even tho it cost a fortune at the time. I keep meaning to ask what the best one around is these days that preferably isn't too revolting...

Anything except purple Flora. Where's that puke smilie when you need it?!

I really fancy something breakfasty now. Never eat a cooked breakfast, just a yoghurt at my desk with fruit but I'm going to try and get up extra early tomorrow for some scrambled egg and mushrooms on toast.

HelsAngel - Im with you on breakfast. With 2 kids and a puppy to sort before work there is not enough time to think about me. So I generally have yogurt and fruit at my desk - you need to start a new thread re what we can eat for breakfast at our desks!! :)

HelsAngel - Im with you on breakfast. With 2 kids and a puppy to sort before work there is not enough time to think about me. So I generally have yogurt and fruit at my desk - you need to start a new thread re what we can eat for breakfast at our desks!! :)

Nothing if my boss is in, he hates it! I have to do a tea round so I can skive in the kitchen and shove anything down me!

I love grilled tomatoes on dry toast it is amazing xx

Back