What dress size at what weight?

Hi all, I'm 5 ' 10" ,weight 12 stone 13 and am a size 12/14 depending on the shop. However, tops can sometimes be a problem as I'm a 34 G lol!

Yup - I get this too. Noone belives that I weight as much as I do - which is flattering I suppose!

I'm 5ft 10 and weigh 17st 2. I'm currently wearing a size 18 and the trousers are loose on the waist and the jumpers are just starting to look too big.

My friend though, is a similar height and weighs almost exactly the same as me, but wears a couple of sizes bigger . She carries all her weight in the middle and her arms and legs are skinny. Whereas my weight is spread around - I've got chunky arms and fat calves. She is a complete 'apple' and my body is very much an hourglass.

yeah i totally get where your coming from... i'm very much the same!!

My friends call me a banana coz my weights equal all over!! lol

It is a mixed blessing though huh? it's easy for ALOT of weight to creep on without going too rapidly up the dress sizes eh!! Then the warning bells take a little longer to ring!! :D

I look forward to finding out if your theory is right Dancing! My size journey has not been typical though, I barely lost any inches at all for the first 3 or so stone and then suddenly whizzed through the sizes very quickly. I think my body took a while to re-adjust. I had lost 5.5 stone before anyone apart from my best friend noticed which gives you an idea how long it took for me to look 'thinner'. The trials of being a big busty bird!

I know what you mean Frejja - I have lost just over 4 stone and nobodys noticed yet. I can't see a difference in the mirror either although there must be one as my clothes are smaller.

Very interesting thread, interesting to see how we are all different.

This week I have had been trying on clothes in shops and have found I am a size 16 in Evans evening dresses (poss 14, but no local Evans had the size in stock), 18 in jeans, yet 14 in knickers - any bigger and I'd have to wear braces on them right now...LOL!!!

Managed to get into a size 14 skirt in Tescos (really pleased about that at this stage of the diet).

I tell people I am a size 16, probably my currently most frequently worn size in anything.

I am short...!

Really interesting post, i'm nearly 6 ft, weigh 17st 3lb at the moment and i'm a size 20. When i was slimmer a few years ago i weighed 12 stone and was a 12-14, though because i'm tall peole couldn't believe what i weighed nor that i was still a size 14 in things. I blame my big bones lol :D

Isn't interesting seeing the huge differences in weight versus size. I am now 10st 3lbs and in a snug 12, I started CD at 14st and was a size 20/22.

Gx

I am 5 ft 6 and weigh 10 stone 12 and am now a size 12. Afew years a go at my heaviest of 14 stone I was a size 18/20. Also when I started Cambridge in Oct I was 12 stone 3 and a size 16.

Spooky is my CDC :D and im starting next week *yey* i weigh 17 st 8 and wear a size 20 :)

It all depends on where you shop as there is so much difference in sizes between shops. Don't want to be negative but sizes have changed over the years and now come up bigger than they used to in order to flatter people into thinking they are smaller than they are. They aren't really doing the overweight or obese any favours by re-sizing clothes.

I am 5 foot 4.5" and weigh 10 stones 4 pounds and at the weekend bought 3 coats (Jane Norman, Principles and Betty Jackson Black) , a dress and jumper (Wallis') , and top (Betty Jackson Black) all in a size 10 and trousers from Next in a 12. I don't want to be guided too much by the size though because I know I'm not a size 10 of 20 years ago. I reckon I'm an old size 12 now.

Don't get me wrong - I still like the fact that they were size 10s but I know when I was last 10 stone 4 that I was not as low as this dress size. I just don't want to kid myself I'm smaller than I am as that is probably a surefire way to slipping up a bit and I don't want to get on an upwards spiral ever again.

I look a bit bigger I think but I believe I carry my weight well. Most people think I weigh 2-3stone less than I actually do, though that doesn't really make me feel any better!

I'm 13stone and 5"9 and wear size 12 on top and 14 on bottom, though last month I did go up to 13st7lb (the heaviest I have ever been) and found my clothes a bit tight but still fit. I am hoping to be a size 8-10, but I have no idea how much I'll need to weigh to reach that. My goal weight is 10st7lb.

great reading this post, even though it originated in 2007 lol.

i'm 5ft 8in and i'm a 14 to 16 now at 12st 7lbs. i know that when i get to 11st 7lbs that, last time, i was wearing 12/14s. i've an hourglass figure though. mostly things fit well on my hips and boobs and are to big on the waist. lol :D

wow, what an interesting thread.

this thread makes me feel like i'm wearing clothes that are too small for me D:

i'm 16.8st, 5'5 and i wear from an 18-22.
I think that's most likely where i buy my clothes and whenever i buy and 18 it is probably a baggy top.

lol gotta love the differing sizes, its pot luck as to if an item will fit

im 17st 8lb and im 5ft 2, my wardrobe contains items between size 18 and size 24

im 5ft 4 weigh 13.3 and wearing 18 bottoms (soon into 16) and 16 tops

Back