What Exercise Are You Doing?

Hey - new here but wanted to say thanks for starting this thread, I'm always interested in knowing what kind of exercise others are doing as well!

I'm just now getting back into it. I started adding more and more exercise from last August, but kinda fell off the exercise wagon in December (not completely, but didn't do all that much) and in addition to gaining some of the weight back, I've been feeling so much worse I don't even believe it. I feel bloated, less energetic etc. So now I'm getting back into it! :character00116:

I work out at home, I really don't have any other option as I live so far from all gyms etc, but that seems to work for me. I've tried many kinds of exercise DVDs but I've found that I really like doing yoga as a sort of a calming and stretching routine, love zumba, kettlebell training is good for getting those muscles into shape, and like Jillian Michaels' workout DVDs though I have to say that my knees don't like doing those much yet so I only do those like once a week or less. I also use my cross trainer. I try to workout 5 times a week, but even 2-3 I'm happy with because it's way more than I used to do!

Hi Strawberry78, I'm forever chasing the workout wagon, trying to jump back on board!!! Hehe !!
I love Minimins, everyday I find something great to read or chat about, and it's fantastic being nosey !!!

Have you found an eating plan you like yet? Plenty of inspiration on here !!

Lots of luck

Diva x

Thanks Viva La Diva. :) I'm not really following any plan as such, just eating healthy - enough veggies and fruits, making sure I get good fats and enough protein (as that keeps hunger away longer I've found) and don't have treats too often. But I do have them, since denying myself something seems to be the worst thing I can do - I start craving that stuff immediately! lol :D

I know that in terms of weight loss exercise doesn't play a huge role, but it does play a huge role in how I feel and it makes me feel as if I'm actively doing something to try and lose the weight and get healthy.

Walking the dogs on my days off and have just bought a cross trainer which I want to use 4/5 times a week. I know it's stupid but I don't want to join a gym while I'm overweight as I get paranoid over what people think.

add powerplate to that now!

so now i do these workouts:
body combat
body attack
body pump
hand weights
powerplate
general gym use
walking

mixed up over 6 days a week

well nice to meet all the new faces in here:) i do alot of different forms of exercise but trouble is i don't keep it up as much as i should. i find to do a few lengths in the pool is fantastic and to walk the dog is great too and i also have a bike that i need to use more:(

i get bored of the same old all the time so try to change it from time to time - now if only i could stick to that! i'm working 13 hour shifts now for the next few weeks so might not get much chance for it but i'll make the effort on my days off:)

one thing i've noticed though is that walking seems to be the best overall. i know it sounds strange cos it uses the least amount of calories but i feel so good after it. its great for emptying the stomach and assisting with digestion:)

now doing body jam too, can only go once a week but ive been going for 3 weeks now. still getting used to all the footwork and moves! only one gym where i live offers it now too, gutted!

Thought I'd resurrect this thread to find out if anyone is doing any new forms of exercise?

The only solid form of exercise I get each week is in the form of roller derby practices (I train with Dundee Roller Girls under the name Dita Von T-Stop!) which I love.

However, we are supposed to be responsible for the upkeep of our health and fitness outwith practices too so I'm always looking for new things to try...:)

I'm going to try some classes at my gym - I'm aiming for 3 a week and because you have to pre book I'll phone on Monday and book all my classes for the week, then I'll have to go.

I'm thinking Body Combat, Body Attack and Zumba this week then I'll alternate them as I fancy trying Spin and also some Pilates.

That's a good idea about pre-booking welshgirl. Let us know how you get on and which classes you like best. There are zumba classes around the corner from me that I'm gonna try next week with a few friends.

I'd love to have my own training equipment gettingfit but can't afford it at the moment. Walking is free though so I should probably try and do more of it haha.

I'm going to try some classes at my gym - I'm aiming for 3 a week and because you have to pre book I'll phone on Monday and book all my classes for the week, then I'll have to go.

I'm thinking Body Combat, Body Attack and Zumba this week then I'll alternate them as I fancy trying Spin and also some Pilates.

body combat and attack are AMAZZZZING! :D

yes.... definatly!

body attack burns alot of calories (the new release 72 burns 750 i belive?) and the combat burns 560.... it is effective, combat is a bit simpler than attack though, attacks high energy, high impact, sweaty goodness! there both a fast way to improve your indurance, stamina and strengh :)

I'm usually doing 40 mins on stationary bike( fat burning mode) but like 3 times a week.
Swimming and walking and took my stepper out to use too.
I have a day of housework where i usually dont do any exercise that day but I think i do burn some calories as i dont sit down till lunchtime and thats not for long either as I carry on moving after and theres a school run so i think its better than not doing nothing?
what do u think?

I've done my first school run(got it a lot uphill and pushing my over 2stone toddler in pram 15mins each way) today .
Then 40mins on fat burning mode on bike and in this heat i sweated like mad.got another school run to do and walk uphill and back to ballet with my daughter.pushing pram there too.so Im ok today and for now,melting kgs in the sun lol

I wish i could to do such variaty but cant afford it,don't have enough free time nor babysitter for my children.but then you do what u can.I think I'm doing OK with school runs uphill and bike at home on fat burning mode:)
Well done to all of you that make your backside move;)

New exercise routine here .. I don't do them all everyday as every other day i do couch2 5k but when i can, this is my daily guide..

Monday - 8 min Abs/Muffin top/Powermix 2
Tuesday - 8 min buns/Pop lower belly/Lesley Sampsone 4 mile
Wednesday - 8 min legs/sculpting/Powermix 2
Thursday - 8 min arms/legs & thighs/Powermix 3
Friday - Intense Abs/Stretch/Powermix floor routine
Saturday - Inner thighs/Bums & Tums/Lesley Sampsone 2 mile
Sunday - Crazy core/Pump 7/Pump 1/Fab Abs workout

Do you think i have every part of my body working out?:D

If hubby is not working we do a fast 6 mile walk on Sundays

Last edited:
I'm trying boxercise class tonight for the first time.
I'm a bit nervous as I have never done it before, but I go to body combat 3 times a week so hope I'll be fit enough for it and know some of the basic skills! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

gettingfitat50 said:
How did it go?

God it was hard!!
Circuits, boxing and strength training, I couldn't lift the 20 kilo log weight above my head and lots of wee girls could, haha!
Still, I enjoyed it and I think the combination of cardio and strength is a good one.
I burnt nearly 700 cals in an hour and got rid of 6.7g of fat according to my HRM so all good. My arms aren't too sore today either, but they feel a bit spaghetti like!!
:-D x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back