What exercise have we done today.

What does this mean, Boog? Good luck with the dress tomorrow, btw.

See below definition LM, its an Armed Forces term.

A group or individuals are pushed to their limits or to see how far they go before they jack. Not always nice to watch and a real bummer if you are the beastee.

One reason for Beasting is to make sure that the person or group will be able to carry out a harder than usual task and it sorts the men from the boys.

A group that has been beasted and survived will have developed a comradeship between them, morale will be high.

Beasting or to beast is probably not PC in the Forces anymore.

Managed to haul my ass out of bed to the gym... 25 mins cardio and abs, which are still making me feel yucky, I can just do more of them now!

Beasting sounds terrifying! I would last approximately 8 seconds in the army, after I broke my first nail or something :D

Compulsary sports ended up being a boxercise session. I then went swimming for 20 mins and then stayed for the Aqua Aerobics. I was shattered by the time I got home and had a brilliant nights sleep.

wow you guys are doing great. I guess maybe I should get my lazy butt off the couch.

Hey morenachica, it's sooo hard to get up and do it, but so great once you do!

Yesterday - full weights & abs, including the dreaded 'plank' - hideous!!

Hooya you have definitely inspired me to do more exercising. I'm going to start doing at least 45 minutes of high impact aerobics. I'm already on the muscular side so I'm staying away from the weights :D

Lol you guys xxx

Hey well done morenachica! We should do exercise challenges!

Managed 45 mins cardio and abs today, last workout before holiday! Our hotel has a gym though and we are bringing gym stuff so who knows... :)

My beloved cross trainer is broken! OH was trying to sort out a slight squeak and ended up completely breaking one of the wheel bolts... :( Bless him, he was only trying to help, but I was really mad at the time. I will struggle to get the same amount of exercise in until it is fixed, especially if the weather stays rotten and I can't get out on the bike so much. I may have to go back to my old reviled exercise vids, grrr.

First day on the new gym programme: chest, triceps & shoulders. Honestly I didn't want to lift my arms by the end of it!!

The new routine is a 3-way split of chest, triceps & shoulders one day, back & biceps another and legs another. Plus 3 cardio sessions and abs 3 times per week... I am exhausted just thinking about it!

It was quite exhilarating actually, lifting bigger weights and focusing more... here's hoping I'm still this enthusiastic after the inevitable aches & pains tomorrow!

Today - running, cycling (30 mins) and abs work.

It was going ok til my legs realised what they did yesterday, and started seizing up a bit on the bike - nice!

It's sooo good being off work and being able to exercise during the day, in a nice quiet gym! :D

Hooya you are the woman:worthy:. You work out is so intense.. You'll be all toned in no time.

I'm going to take a fit box class 2 days a week to get more toned up. I'm already pretty muscular so I stay away from the weights and do cardo.. I dont want to lose my boobs and neck :D with the way my body is shaped and already muscular in places that could happen to me..

Thanks! :eek: I am feeling it now though, really sore legs, so might have today off! Fit box is meant to be a really great cardio workout, burns loads of cals :D

It's difficult isn't it, when you don't want to build muscle, just want to be toned? Though most of the stuff I'm reading says resistance training shouldn't give you big muscles (if you're female) unless you supplement etc... I certainly hope I don't end up all butch looking!! ;)

Hooya you really are doing great! yes I heard fit box was great for toning and burning calories.. It's diffcult when you just want to tone and not build muscle.. I dont supplement at all because I know I'll get big muscles..

I'm going to do the fit box and see how it goes and maybe spinning..

Stoopid cross trainer is still broked, and the weather's been so rotten lately that I haven't got any extra cycling in. +0.5lb this week so I really must find other ways of upping the exercise... Please, NOT the dreaded Shape Challenge video!!! :(

Back