What exercise?

leelea

Hi, just a general thread to see what exercise people are doing to lose weight and tone up and how well it's working out for you.

I've recently starting doing rope skipping which is supposed to be really good burning 250cals in 20mins. I do a routine which involves crunches and lunges. It's knackering but really good fun.

What does everyone else do? :)

Gym work mainly.

Resistance training 3 times a week, with some running on the treadmill and a bit on the cross-trainer.

I'm also going to start trying to run outside. I haven't run in over 20 years, so it should be fun finding out how out of shape I really am :D

Ooh bet the rope is hard. ive got one in my garage should really get it out!!

Lateral thigh trainer and leg master most days, shake weight (highly recommended) and claudia schiffer and davina work out dvds :D

I have re-started doing The Power of Three (Davina) which I haven't touched since April time due to depression. It is really good as it is in section's - so the arm area, Stomach area and then the legs and butt area :) I perfer to work on core areas so that I feel that I have worked on all areas of my body to help tone the flab up :D
I find this dvd can show you results and after about month it can really help built confidence and stick with the dieting :)

I used to go on the treadmill doing HIIT, but that's boring, so since July I've started doing Insanity, and just recently I've started mixing a bit of P90x with Insanity. They're both excellent workouts, but not for the faint hearted. I'm literally dripping in sweat by the end of it.

Oh I've been meaning to get an exercise DVD. might have to get the davina one since I've heard some good things about it :)
Keep up the good work guys x

I am also using the Davina DVD's - Power of Three and My 30 Minute Workouts! They are great and are helping me to lose inches. I am easily bored with workout DVD's so am also using the '10 Minute Solutions' DVD's - these give you a fantastic workout in just ten minutes. I have also started to use Jillian Michaels 30 day shred - be warned this is brutal!!!

Sharkbait1983 x
:p:p:p

Oh if you're getting a DVD consider 30 day Shred (jillien michaels), its fab. 3 25 min workouts that get progressively harder, a really good combination of resistance and cardio and all you need are dumbells. I cannot rave about it enough :)

I run (outside when I get the chance, but otherwise on the treadmill - can only do 20-30 mins on the treadmill before I die of boredom) and do the shred dvd to keep up my resistance. Seems to be working - only been doing it consistently for the last 2 weeks, but can really feel the difference and all my clothes are looser (although not quite a dress size down yet).

Any exercise is great, so choose what you enjoy and good luck!

I just joined David Lloyd and the trainer there (who was the resident WL expert apparently) said if you want to get weight off quickly you need to do plenty of cardio and don't do too many weights etc to start with.

So cycling, swimming, running, walking, whatever works for you.

I do classes because the gym bores me to tears, if you are with a gym and/or can get to classes, do RPM or group cycling, it won't kill you as I thought it might (fit friends come away red as beetroots) because you go at your own pace.

I also find Body Balance classes make the weight drop off me x

Is group cycling like spinning? I did that a few weeks ago and had a bit of an injury :/
I do boxercise once a week but definitely need to get something to do at home besides my skipping :)

I usually go to the gym and I do about 40 minutes on the elliptical trainer, 5 minutes rope jumping, 5 minutes rowing and weights. I also walk a lot everyday, and I tend to do a lot of dancing. I adore dancing!

I do a lot of exercise, but I enjoy it. That's probably the reason why I can eat quite a lot of calories and still maintain my weight.

EDIT: I would absolutely love to get back into swimming and martial arts, but I just don't have the time to do them all. Fitness DVD's look really fun too. :)

i was doing the c25k until i got my ankle injury,which nearly two weeks later is still sore. dont know if i should go back to hospital or just persevere. also walk alot with my family, try and go on the wii. i have just purchased the Gillian Michaels 30 day shred and will give this a go once ankle is better.x

I go to boxercise twice a week and do three 30 min session of My Fitness Coach on the Wii as well. I have also been meaning to start a legs, bums and tums class on a Sat morning but not managed it yet so far!!

I wish I could do Boxercise more but it's only on once a week and my gym :(
I've just started badminton again and will be starting the 30 day shred today which lovely Tara40 sent me :)
Accidently did an aquafit class yesterday too...we went swimming and the class was on so we snuck in and did it too

I do Zumba once or twice a week, it's great fun!

I also do Davina Fit DVD at home along with Suzanne Cox Inch Loss Combat, I didnt think the combat one would be hard but oh my god I still cant do it all without sitting down yet lol!

I have just this week attempting exercising at least 6 days, maybe even seven, and I seem to be getting more energy although I am normally whinging when doing the exercise after it I feel great! I do have a rope in the house and have been told skipping is excellent so when the weather gets better I might try it in my back garden, either that, or maybe attempt it in the living room and try not to hurt myself, or my cat lol!!!

I don't know if you will have one near you, but I do Jazzercise - its absolutely brilliant - dancy/aerobics set to current music, its great fun and supposedly you burn up to 500kcals a class :)

Marshmallowkiss...Don't have a jazzercise near by :( Shame because I would have liked to try it

Metal gear panda...Ooh what's zumba like? I've heard good things about that.

I've tried to do exercise everyday this week too...hoping to get my stone sticker this week so I've upped the exercise :)

Zumba is absolutely brilliant! I am not kidding, I actually look forward to going, it knackers me after it, but you dont realise the amount of exercise your doing, because your having a laugh while doing it, and it burns anywhere between 800 and 1000 calories an hour! depending on how hard you push yourself! (Well according to my instrctor anyway!)

I've got 5lbs to go till I get my stone badge and outfit from my mum lol! Yeah my mum promised me if I lost my first stone she would buy me an outfit! hehe!

Aww that's really nice of her...it's nice to have something to work towards like that :) Good luck with it hun

Back