What foods keep you in ketosis

Minxykitten said:
You guys are awful. The poor girl asks a simple question and noone answers. If you need to eat, stick to protein and green veg. No harm done. Then back on it next day. Don't take a soup or anything. That's silly. Enjoy the wedding, eat the food and have a great time! I'm sure you have great will power as you've done so well up until now! Keep going but don't feel bad about eating. That's how food disorders start!!!! Food is great in moderation and if you have to eat for one meal then so be it. Good luck!!! :)

Do u realise that u just replied to a question asked in 2008 :) lol
Good advice though...

You can stay in Ketosis by only eating protein , eg, meat. The trouble is when you start to eat you could end up thinking bugger it i'll eat some wedding cake or pudding as well. I know cause i have done it so many times before. You go into a whirlwind mode and start eating for England. It makes you very hungry the next day and very difficult to get back onto the lipo plan.Plus if you keep going on and off the program your weight lose slows down considerably even with the low cal intake. Also you can be in ketosis and still not lose any weight, don't know how but it sure happens to a lot of people who on and off these protein diets.
If you feel you will have self control then stick to protein only,and just get back on the lipo the next day.
Good luckx

I know this is an old thread but I came across it while pondering the question of wanting to nibble on something that wont ruin all my hard work till now, via a simple ggogle search. I thought Id add my tuppenny bit as someone else may come across this. This is just a personal view and it may help someone.
I was on Cambridge Weight Plan and had done well losing two stone and then had a couple of functions I had to attend. After being on the CWP for 3 months before I didn't want to undo all my hard work. One of the functions was a sit down 5 course meal and the other was a buffet. The buffet was easy as I could just put some salad and greens on my plate, and a little fish or chicken without sauces. This was with the intent of looking like everyone else not necessarily eating the food (I know.. food waste is a shame). I was able to pick at this all evening with a few bottles of water and no one even noticed whether i was eating or not. The 5 course meal was a bit more difficult but again I just picked at the veg and again filled my wine glass with water and kept drinking when my mouth got bored/fidgety lol
You will probably find that your stomach has shrunk anyway and by keeping busy chatting or dancing you probably wont miss the eating element of the function. Oh and if there is dancing, that helps with the weight loss too, as will regular visits to the loo :D

You could have a look on the S&S forum.

That diet is like LT but a little more relaxed. You're allowed a protein meal + a few veg each day.
Stuff like 2 med eggs with 100g asparagus etc.

And I just saw the thread started in 2008 DOH!

I know this is old but one of the earlier comments recommends rice. This will be one of the worst things for ketosis. It's eggs,cheese and meat that will preserve it.

Back