What happens when you have a tummy tuck?

Thanx for that Mike, really gripping & in depth. You are excellent with your writing & articulate with the way you explain things, glad to hear you're on the mend all be it slowly!.... Can i ask you did you have a full abdominoplasty? (tightening of the abdo muscles) or was just the skin removed?

xxxx

Thanx for that Mike, really gripping & in depth. You are excellent with your writing & articulate with the way you explain things, glad to hear you're on the mend all be it slowly!.... Can i ask you did you have a full abdominoplasty? (tightening of the abdo muscles) or was just the skin removed?

xxxx

No I had the full plasty so had the tightening of the muscles which is why they feel so damn tight when I eat

M.

So when you're healed a lovely six pack eh?

Reading this post has made me stop & think about me having a TT, i'm quite lucky as i have quite a high pain threshold but to go through that???? I don't know? I have spoke to a couple of surgeons via e-mail but maybe i need to think a little harder before deciding if this is what i really want????

As you pointed out what if the scar upsets me more than the skin? This is something i really to to think hard about!....xx

I certainly don't want to put anyone off and I do have a low pain threshold but I do want anyone considering it to really get there head round whether or not it is worth all the risks and all the pain.

I am not saying yet that I have decided yet whether I am glad I had it done and will need a few months of the pain to go and also the scar to settle before I can give an honest assessment.

But sitting there worried sick that I could get C-Diff and ultimately be very very poorly made me wonder whether even if the results are perfect should I have risked my life to get them.

M.

Mike, I think you could write the phone book and still make it funny and interesting to read. You have such a way with words.

I really think that this time next year when everything is completely healed and the pain is a distant memory and you are showing that six pack on the beach, you will probably agree that is was all worth it.

I am glad you are home and on the mend, remember to try not to do to much, you really don't want to set back you recovery!!

Mike,

Have u tried taking arnica tablets from boots. I was recommended to take them after my emergency c-section with George and it really helped to bring the bruising out and it went alot quicker, I know they are safe to use cos they are homeopathic... Just a thought!!

Love

I have some Arnica Gel I got from QVC but obviously can't rub this anywhere near the scar for now, will ask to Jo to pop out and grab me some pills.

Thanks

I have got some before shots and will do some after shots, at the minute I have to say it looks pretty nasty so wouldn't want to put you off your dinner!! As soon as bandages come off though I will put up the scar picture.

M.

No I had the full plasty so had the tightening of the muscles which is why they feel so damn tight when I eat

M.

what dictates whether you have simply the skin removed or the full Abdominoplasty?
Did you have the choice? or were you advised that the lesser op would have inferior results?

what dictates whether you have simply the skin removed or the full Abdominoplasty?
Did you have the choice? or were you advised that the lesser op would have inferior results?

Not sure, the consultant just said that they would tighten the muscles and cut off the loose skin, didn't know you could just have the loose skin, or at least thought that was known as a mini tummy tuck.

M.

Hi Mike,

PM your address cos I still have some sealed arnica tablets if you want them?

Love

That's really kind, will send it over now.

Mike

Day 9 - Off to sleep

Feel absolutely shattered tonight, not really done that much today apart from be on the laptop a bit and chat to friends and family on the phone but feel like I have run a marathon.

Desperate for a number two but just got no power to solve it so just taken some laxatives to help it along and hope that it will sort in the morning.

Both my drain sites are really aching tonight for some reason, they are well covered so won't have a look but hope they aren't getting infected, Jo thinks that it is just the drawing effect of the drain but feels like my kidneys are on fire when it is the drain site.

Still on some good painkillers which take about 30 minutes to kick in so just taken some and will get my head down, Jo managed to get me a good knee wedge and pillow in town so I can sleep with my knees up which takes the pressure off of the scar.

Hoping tomorrow I will feel a bit more upbeat as been a grumpy git today and not really fair on everyone here.

Back