What is your number 1 favourite meal

Thanks for these ideas. I've got really bored with what I'm eating at the moment so I will be trying some of these out.

I made a roulade yesterday for the first time in ages and I'd forgotten how lovely it is. I've just had some for breakfast.:D

mine is the chilli (the recipe is in the literature you get when you sign up) it is a firm fav in our house
Also the mexican lasagne from Britmums web site is also beautiful

• 6 quorn sausages
  • spray of fry light
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 carrot, thinly sliced
  • 2 celery sticks, sliced (i didnt add these)
  • 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
  • 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
  • 415g can baked beans
  • 400g can chopped tomatoes
  • (I ALSO ADDED TIN OF CHICKPEAS)
  • 1 OXO VEG stock cube
  • 2 tablespoons tomato puree (I DIDNT HAVE THIS SO REPLACED THIS AND THE WATER FOR TIN OF PASSATA)
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • (I ADDED ITALIAN HERBS TOO :))
Method

1. Heat Quorn sausages- slice them
  2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok or large saucepan, brushing it over the surface. Add the onion, carrot, celery and peppers and stir-fry over a high heat for 3-4 minutes.
  3. Reduce the heat and add the can of beans, the chopped tomatoes and 300ml (1/2 pint) water. Crumble in the OXO stock cube and stir in the tomato puree. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, then slice in the sausages, cooking for another 2-3 minutes to heat them through.
  4. Check the seasoning, then serve, garnished with chopped chives or parsley, if you like.
Free on Green day.. This was absolutly YUM!! and i had with mash using some of my milk allowance.. :)

My favourite meal of the month is definately stir fry veggies with noodles and scrambled eggs!!! :)

I just grab a pack of pre pack stir fry veg throw it in wok/frying pan with a spray of frylight and about 100 mils of water mixed with an oxo stock cube (flavour of your choice)....leave to simmer and stock to reduce down ....while thats cooking i cook my batchelors 98% fat free noodles(free on green/EE) -i usually use the chicken and herb ones. Then finally when everything is nearly cooked scramble some eggs and voila!! a hearty and healthy tea! with loads of supper free veggies :)

this meal is also filling with the protein from the eggs and carbohydrates from the noodles! :) Love it!!!

seanson to taste with soy sauce ...though i find that you dont really need it with the chicken oxo cube anf the flavourings from the noodles! :)

Mushy pea curry is the way forward with me i love it. Make it with 400g of mushy peas, tin of beans, onion and curry powder. Just fry the onion in a little frylight, Add water and add the curry powder and jsut let it steam fry slowly. Then add peas and beans and sorted. I get 4 lots form that. I serve it with a portion of rice and a verity of vegetables. Tonight i had roasted red onions, peppers and courgettes(garlic granules and some fry light squirted on top) and lots of greens was awesome. Roasted carrot and beetroot with cumin seeds was nice as well.

Mushy pea curry is the way forward with me i love it. Make it with 400g of mushy peas, tin of beans, onion and curry powder. Just fry the onion in a little frylight, Add water and add the curry powder and jsut let it steam fry slowly. Then add peas and beans and sorted. I get 4 lots form that. I serve it with a portion of rice and a verity of vegetables. Tonight i had roasted red onions, peppers and courgettes(garlic granules and some fry light squirted on top) and lots of greens was awesome. Roasted carrot and beetroot with cumin seeds was nice as well.

I like the sound of this PurpleSky, how much water do you add?
Also how did you do your roasted carrot & beetroot? ;)

Well water i dunno a bit in a tumbler and make sure it doesn't go dry. Makes the onions lovely and soft and translucence and also cooks the spices a little so you don't get that gritty taste. I peel and cut the carrots in to fair size ans then par boil um. As for the beets, peel and cut into chunks. Add both veggies to a roasting try along with any spices you want. I also added in a red onion and whole garlic cloves to put under the carrots and beets. Then put a little bit of stock to cover the bottom of the tin, cover in foil and cook until cooked say about 45 mins or so veerrrry nice

Well water i dunno a bit in a tumbler and make sure it doesn't go dry. Makes the onions lovely and soft and translucence and also cooks the spices a little so you don't get that gritty taste. I peel and cut the carrots in to fair size ans then par boil um. As for the beets, peel and cut into chunks. Add both veggies to a roasting try along with any spices you want. I also added in a red onion and whole garlic cloves to put under the carrots and beets. Then put a little bit of stock to cover the bottom of the tin, cover in foil and cook until cooked say about 45 mins or so veerrrry nice

Thanks for this PurpleSky, will try this one ;)

Kinda live off mushy pea curry for my evening meal and i vary the veggies i have with it. Gets me thinking about what interesting things i can do with them rather then just steamed or boiled lol. Onion salad is lovely with it too

CHEESE & TUNA BAKE

Cheese & Tuna bake 14.5 syns!:eek: (serves 2 though)

130g penne pasta or any shape
1 x 200g tuna in brine or water

For the sauce

1 tbsp clover lighter (3 syns)
350ml skimmed milk (free with A choice)
1 level tbs plain flour (3.5 points)
45g philladephia light ( 3 syns)
2 tsp french mustard (1 syn)
28g half fat cheddar (4 syns)
salt and ground black pepper

1. Cook the pasta in salted water. Drain and place in an oven proof dish. Add tuna

3. In a saucepan, melt the clover or butter you are using, stir in the flour and mix for 30 seconds until flour is soaked in. gradually add milk whisking all the time. Bring sauce to the boil. Simmer for 2 mins adding philli, mustard and seasoning.

4. The sauce should be thicker by now. Poor it over the pasta and mix through. Add grated cheese. Bake in oven gas mark 6/200oC/400oF for 20 mins until golden and bubbling.

Im not sure about the pasta measurement but I think its about right. I know it's alot of points but its only 7 and a bit for one portion. My fave :eat: Enjoy.

SYN FREE BBQ SAUCE

you will need
1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
1 tsp mild chilli powder
227ml/8fl oz passata
3 tbsp artifical sweetner
4 tbsp balsamaic vinegar
1 tbsp worchestershire sauce
1/2 tsp mustard powder
salt and freshly ground blacke pepper.

balslmic vingar and worchestershire sauce provide the basis for this great tasting bbq sauce thsat is perfect for a dip, basting a chicken thighs or vegetable kebabs before a bbq, lady who gave me this recipe said she has them on spare ribs and cooks them in the oven so she has bbq spare ribs.

spray a pan with fry light and saute the onion and chilli powder over a low heat for 5 minutes until softened.

stir in the remaining ingrredients, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes untill thickened. check the seasoning before serving hot or cold.

syn free on both days ready in 20 minutes serves 4 and freezer friendly.

Enjoy

Lamb Rogan Josh
In this mild curry, flavoured with dry-roasted spiced, the lamb releases its delicious juices during a slow, gentle cooking process.
Serves: 4
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Syns per serving:
0.5 0.5
75g/3oz fat-free natural yogurt
2 tsp mild chilli powder
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp ground cumin
4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
2 tsp peeled and finely grated ginger
½ tsp tumeric
600g/1lb 6oz lamb neck fillet or leg steak, all visible fat removed
300g/11oz onions, peeled and finely chopped
2 tbsp tomato purée
salt
Fry Light
3 dried bay leaves, crumbled
6 green cardamom pods, lightly crushed
5cm/2in cinnamon stick
4 cloves
½ tsp grated nutmeg
2 tbsp freshly chopped mint leaves
4 tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves
1. Place the yogurt, chilli, ground coriander, cumin, garlic, ginger and tumeric in a small bowl and mix.
2. Cut the lamb into 5cm/2in cubes, place them in a large non-stick frying pan with the onions, place over a medium heat and stir until the mixture begins to sizzle. Add the yogurt mixture, reduce the heat to low, cover tightly and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the lamb releases its juices.
3. Uncover the pan, increase the heat to medium and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently, until the sauce has reduced to a paste-like consistency. Add the tomato purée and 350ml/12fl oz of boiling water, season with salt, cover and leave to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
4. Spray a small frying pan with Fry Light and place over a low heat. Add the bay leaves, cardamom, cinnamon and cloves and allow to sizzle for 40-45 seconds. Pour the contents of this pan over the meat along with the nutmeg, stir to mix, cover tightly and cook gently for another 12-15 minutes or until the meat is tender. Remove from the heat and stir in the fresh mint and coriander before serving.
Tip: Don't let the amount of spices used in this dish put you off - you could use 1 tbsp medium curry powder instead if you want.
Its alot of preperation but well worth it!

SYN FREE BBQ SAUCE

you will need
1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
1 tsp mild chilli powder
227ml/8fl oz passata
3 tbsp artifical sweetner
4 tbsp balsamaic vinegar
1 tbsp worchestershire sauce
1/2 tsp mustard powder
salt and freshly ground blacke pepper.

balslmic vingar and worchestershire sauce provide the basis for this great tasting bbq sauce thsat is perfect for a dip, basting a chicken thighs or vegetable kebabs before a bbq, lady who gave me this recipe said she has them on spare ribs and cooks them in the oven so she has bbq spare ribs.

spray a pan with fry light and saute the onion and chilli powder over a low heat for 5 minutes until softened.

stir in the remaining ingrredients, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes untill thickened. check the seasoning before serving hot or cold.

syn free on both days ready in 20 minutes serves 4 and freezer friendly.
Njoy

My favourite by far has to be my tweak of the Butternut Squash Risotto from the Extra Easy recipe books. Oh. My. God. I would take it over burgers any day.

Pumpkin Risotto

Serves 4

FREE on Extra Easy.
FREE on Green if you count the bacon as a HEXB

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 leek
  • about 500g of peeled, de-seeded pumpkin cut into 1-2 cm cubes
  • about 200 g mushrooms - any sort, sliced
  • 4 cloves crushed garlic
  • 260 g dry risotto rice
  • about 850ml stock made with 1 chicken and 1 ham stock cube
  • 340 g lean bacon, trimmed of fat and chopped
  • black pepper

METHOD:
  1. Fry the leek, garlic and bacon in a big non-stick pan for about 3 minutes.
  2. Add the mushrooms and fry for another minute.
  3. Add the rice and pumpkin. Stir and fry together for about 3 minutes.
  4. Add about a half a cup of stock, stir and cook until it is absorbed. Repeat until either all the stock is gone, or the rice is creamy and cooked al dente. It takes about 20-25 minutes.

Chilli recipe
quorn mince or extra lean steak mince
onion
1 pepper diced
1-2 carrots diced
I also add courgette or any veg to bulk it out
dry fry and drain all fat
add water
chilli powder
1-2 tbsp tomato puree
1 oxo cube

simmer and serve with rice or jacket potato we all eat this even the kids

Pasta bake

2 cooked chicken breasts diced
500g cooked pasta
2 cartons passata
fry a red onion and 1-2 cloves of garlic
basil
cooked bacon all fat removed

mix together and place in an oven proof dish

I sometimes sprinkle grated cheese on top ie at healthy extra only a weeny bit but it just tastes nicer, serve with veggies, again the whole family eat this :D

My favourite one is the Pasta 'n sauce Quiche mmm.
Going to try the BBQ sauce tonight and the cheesecake :)

I have lots of favourite 'meals' that I do but a favourite VERY SIMPLE and easy dessert is the quicky cheescake:

quark with 2 white choc options mixed into it - 2 alpen light bars slightly warmed and mashed into a small dish and spread the quark mixture over the top - to me this is JUST LIKE a new york style cheesecake and is ONLY 10 syns for the whole cheesecake or just 4 syns if you use the alpen lights as a heb.

Half of course is 2 syns or 5 syns.

Lovely.
Just wanted to say thankyu, only just started my diet this week and i have a very bad sweet tooth made this today, and it was scrummy i piled strawberrys on top of it and only got through half before i felt that oh i ate to much feeling lol but so nice i dont have to feel guilty over it x x

Back